Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 18 Feb 2016, 9:26 am

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Trump the Chump picks one of the following for his cabinet..not that any of them would necessarily jump on board....

Christie
Kasich
Carson

It will be interesting to see who he goes with and for what position. I would be content with any of these three I think.
Administrator

Post 18 Feb 2016, 9:54 am

Not that I think any of them would align themselves with Mr. Trump, but it is an interesting idea.

The cabinet positions I think the candidates would be best suited for:
Christie - Atty General
Carson - HHS or Surgeon General
Trump - Commerce
Bush - Dept. of Energy
Cruz - Homeland Security
Graham - Sec of Defense
Kasich - Dept. of Budget and
Rubio - Sec of State
Fiorina - Treasury
Sanders - Sec of Labor
Clinton - Bureau. of Prisons :wink:
Emissary

Post 18 Feb 2016, 10:10 am

I would be content with any of these three I think.

You'd be content having Carson in charge of a major government department ? He's never run any kind of organisation in his life, what makes you think he'd be qualified to head up a massive government department with a multi-billion dollar budget and responsibility for thousands of staff ?
Emissary

Post 18 Feb 2016, 10:50 am

You'd be content having Carson in charge of a major government department ? He's never run any kind of organisation in his life, what makes you think he'd be qualified to head up a massive government department with a multi-billion dollar budget and responsibility for thousands of staff ?

um, because he's bright. Because he could open your brain and work on it and maybe even fix it without harming you.

Why not give him a shot? He couldn't be any worse than any of these other lifer politicians who've done nothing but contribute to ineptitude.

Of all the Republican candidates Carson comes across as exceptionally intelligent, capable and most of all, civil. The latter has been all but lost in American politics.

I'm done with people who have made politics their entire life.
Emissary

Post 18 Feb 2016, 11:09 am

um, because he's bright. Because he could open your brain and work on it and maybe even fix it without harming you.

This is an irrelevant skillset. As is the fact that he's polite.
Statesman

Post 18 Feb 2016, 2:45 pm

dag
Of all the Republican candidates Carson comes across as exceptionally intelligent, capable and most of all, civil

Are you aware of these things he's said?

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/ ... continues/
Emissary

Post 18 Feb 2016, 3:16 pm

These are hard to believe and no, I've not read about his strange quips.
Adjutant

Post 19 Feb 2016, 1:07 pm

Afraid I have to agree with ricky and Sass on this one, about Ben Carson. Besides, most cabinet picks aren't from among the primary presidential candidates. They're from a large cross section of politics and industry.
Emissary

Post 08 Nov 2016, 11:05 pm

I wonder if Charlie Rose saved Christie's arse yesterday? I have to say, the post "bridge gate" interview was interesting.

Maybe he still has a chance with Trump?
Administrator

Post 09 Nov 2016, 8:11 am

first let me say I am no fan of Carson. he's a nice man, he is a brilliant surgeon, but he's a bit goofy.
But the part I found very amusing:
sass: what makes you think he'd be qualified to head up a massive government department with a multi-billion dollar budget and responsibility for thousands of staff ?

Uhhh, how was Obama qualified to be President when he first ran? Not that I liked what he did in office but as far as running the country, he did ok with zero experience. Why can't Carson do the same?
Ambassador

Post 09 Nov 2016, 8:25 am

GMTom wrote:first let me say I am no fan of Carson. he's a nice man, he is a brilliant surgeon, but he's a bit goofy.
But the part I found very amusing:
sass: what makes you think he'd be qualified to head up a massive government department with a multi-billion dollar budget and responsibility for thousands of staff ?

Uhhh, how was Obama qualified to be President when he first ran? Not that I liked what he did in office but as far as running the country, he did ok with zero experience. Why can't Carson do the same?

I think of the SG as more of a figure head than anything else. Clinton had a really poor one.
Emissary

Post 09 Nov 2016, 8:28 pm

I know it will never happen but what a thing it would be for Trump to reach out to Bernie to inquire about a place on his team?

Trump would never ask him [the opposing ideologies are in the wrong keys] but even if he did, Bdog would politely decline the offer.

Still, even the gesture would be something, if only a symbolic effort to restore civility.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
Emissary

Post 09 Nov 2016, 9:10 pm

Obama wasn't qualified. He did ok but he also made a lot of mistakes.

They're different jobs though. President is essentially a political rather than administrative role.
Ambassador

Post 10 Nov 2016, 8:35 am

dag hammarsjkold wrote:I know it will never happen but what a thing it would be for Trump to reach out to Bernie to inquire about a place on his team?

Trump would never ask him [the opposing ideologies are in the wrong keys] but even if he did, Bdog would politely decline the offer.

Still, even the gesture would be something, if only a symbolic effort to restore civility.

You are not the only dreamer, but this particular dream is very unusual. :wink:
Ambassador

Post 10 Nov 2016, 10:49 am

Ray Jay wrote:
dag hammarsjkold wrote:I know it will never happen but what a thing it would be for Trump to reach out to Bernie to inquire about a place on his team?

You are not the only dreamer, but this particular dream is very unusual. :wink:

It's a #9 dream.