Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 10 Feb 2016, 12:40 pm

So will he? And if so, won't he need to announce quite soon? From what I understand he has already thrown a lot of $ at examining the landscape. Surely he won't wait until after super Tuesday?
Emissary

Post 10 Feb 2016, 12:55 pm

I suspect he will, if for no other reason than he'll never get another chance and he'd probably always regret it if he doesn't chance his arm. The guy is worth over $40 billion, he can afford to sink a billion or two of that fortune into paying for his campaign and wouldn't even notice it, so why not give it a shot if you think you have a chance ?

South Carolina and Nevada ought to be enough to show him which way the wind is blowing. Strong performances for Trump and Sanders there would be major indicators.
Ambassador

Post 11 Feb 2016, 2:01 pm

I doubt it.

If he's going to, I think he'd be better off taking a run at the Democratic nomination. I can't see how he wins as an Independent. His gun views will turn off 95% of Republicans. His billions will turn off 95% of the Democrats. So, unless he can convince Democrats that he is electable, I think it is beyond quixotic and a waste of time.