Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 24 Nov 2016, 4:31 pm

bbauska wrote:
danivon wrote:
bbauska wrote:We could follow the Constitution and say that if a certain number of electoral votes are not received, then it would go to the House of Representatives (which elected by popular vote of the states).

Problem there is that the House does not actually accurately reflect the popular vote, twice in recent times the party with the lower national vote has ended up in a majority.

Are you saying that we should not follow the Constitution? There is ways to bring the change being asked for. Make an amendment come to fruition. If that occurs, I will support that.
Yes, I understand it would take an Amendment, if only to do away with gerrymandering.

Personally it sounds like sour grapes.
I just think democracy has value.
Administrator

Post 24 Nov 2016, 5:25 pm

danivon wrote:
Personally it sounds like sour grapes.
I just think democracy has value.

We agree on that.
Emissary

Post 11 Dec 2016, 8:53 pm

Ricky,

Please stop.

I seem to remember you voted for Trump because he was the proverbial "hand grenade", going to shake things up....

The fact is you don't read son. You rarely do. You skim read at best, assume you pick up on what is being said and then launch your arguments.

All I ask is you slow down and read.

I voted for Jill Stein. I started a thread to try and surmise who the rest of you voted for. But you didn't see that.

That's ok. Carry on though.