Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Statesman

Post 18 Mar 2016, 2:18 pm

rayjay
I was going to say Bill Clinton is Captain Kirk,

So apparently Bill is being designated to be the Trump destroyer in campaign rallies over the summer...
rather than have Hillary sully herself in personal attacks on the vulgarian, Slick Willie will have a go at Donald on a regular basis.

Kirk versus the Ferengi?
Ambassador

Post 18 Mar 2016, 2:40 pm

rickyp wrote:rayjay
I was going to say Bill Clinton is Captain Kirk,

So apparently Bill is being designated to be the Trump destroyer in campaign rallies over the summer...
rather than have Hillary sully herself in personal attacks on the vulgarian, Slick Willie will have a go at Donald on a regular basis.

Kirk versus the Ferengi?

That won't last. Bill has been an embarrassment. He's over the hill.
Emissary

Post 21 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm

danivon wrote:
"It seriously took John Oliver to make you think twice?"

Ray Jay then wrote:
"too funny ... some Brits are more persuasive than others."

I think I respond more positively to humor than sophism.

For the record I voted for the Berndog and will do so again should he pull off a miracle and beat the criminal. I also gave him $50 toward his campaign.

After The Chump referenced his penis size awhile back and shortly after encouraged muggings at his rallies I had to abandon the crazy ship in spite of my curiosity to see him shake things up for 4 years. I can't have a president with zero self control.

I'm praying for a Berndog miracle.
Emissary

Post 01 May 2016, 4:07 pm

Sessanach, on page one of this thread you wrote:

It's irrelevant, because he isn't going to win the nomination and everybody knows it.

It appears your prediction was off by a mile. Do you still feel as strongly?

My opinion from page one has not changed.

Trump will win the nomination and the presidency in spite of RNC shenanigans that may play out.
Ambassador

Post 01 May 2016, 4:23 pm

dag hammarsjkold wrote:Sessanach, on page one of this thread you wrote:

It's irrelevant, because he isn't going to win the nomination and everybody knows it.

It appears your prediction was off by a mile. Do you still feel as strongly?

My opinion from page one has not changed.

Trump will win the nomination and the presidency in spite of RNC shenanigans that may play out.

It just depends on how dumb the electorate is. He has so many flaws--he is defying gravity, reality, and anything else that seemingly cannot be defied.
Statesman

Post 02 May 2016, 6:09 am

dag
At this point I can't see myself voting for him but he does raise issues that deserve discussion.

I do have a feeling he will win the nomination and the presidency

It appears you are right at least about the republican nomination...And you were right back in December...

In what way do you think Trump has contributed positively to the discussion of which issues?
The threat from Daesh?
Emissary

Post 03 May 2016, 12:33 pm

As I've stated earlier, I won't be voting for him. It's the B-dog I won't have a dog in this fight.

1. To your question though, in a round about and controversial way, he has brought to the fore the issue of heroine as America's number 1 epidemic. It is destroying our families and devastating lives. I'm too lazy to look up the actual stats on it but I've sat for a couple of presentations from police departments in St. Louis and Long Island who claim that this is the number 1 drug issue today.

Unfortunately, I know first hand from my cousin Maggie who is 33 and in prison right now on account of heroine. She lost custody of her first daughter some 7 years ago and now, thankfully, has lost custody of her most recent baby. She told me at Christmas that prison is the best place for her since she is forced to be off the drug and away from the crowd of people that pushed it. She has also told me that it's damn near impossible for anyone she knows to recover from it due to its potency. And many have tried.

So on a personal note, when this idiot talks about building a wall I think in terms of the heroine issue, not keeping people with the wrong birthplace out. I've heard him speak about the heroine epidemic as one of his primary reasons for wanting a wall on Sean Hannity. The media never seems to cover this topic in any depth. I wish someone would give some time to discussing how a wall might help to counter the influx of the drug on America. The media prefers to catch Trump in soundbite after soundbite about Mexico paying for it and if they don't, he'll see to it that it's 2 feet higher. Of course I don't blame the media for catching Trump soundbites, they are ridiculous, memorable and even comical. (My 12 year old asks me everyday after he gets home from school, "dad, what did he say today?"

2. He's also shed light on the importance of rebuilding industry in America and the devastating effect American corporations have had on our tax base by moving overseas and/or avoiding corporate taxes in various communities. (He shares the latter view with the Bdog).

3. Carrying on about trade imbalance is another topic he has added to the conversation.

4. Both Trump and the Bdog have brought the issue of politicians being in the pocket of special interest groups and large corporations to the fore. I never heard Jeb or the criminal jump to make an issue of that topic.

5. I thought of one more. Trump has managed to send an incredibly clear message to the RNC, namely, you suck, you've failed again and again, you're out of touch with your constituents, you are liars, and you would have America be an oligarchy if given the chance, we are finished with you and you suck (repeated for emphasis).

Most politicians from both sides address #2 on some level but I've not heard this batch of candidates lead the discussion on 1 and 3 like Trump has. Granted, he is bombastic and impossible in that he never goes into the nitty gritty of how he intends to change anything. His approach is basically, "trust me, we're going to be winning so much that we're going to get board with winning." [one of my 12 year old's favorites by the way.
Ambassador

Post 03 May 2016, 4:29 pm

dag hammarsjkold wrote:5. I thought of one more. Trump has managed to send an incredibly clear message to the RNC, namely, you suck, you've failed again and again, you're out of touch with your constituents, you are liars, and you would have America be an oligarchy if given the chance, we are finished with you and you suck (repeated for emphasis).

What's amazing is he's sent his message while lying over and over. The latest was about Cruz's dad and was taken right out of the National Enquirer.

Trump is a disgrace.
Emissary

Post 03 May 2016, 5:49 pm

I agree with you completely. He will stop at nothing to win.
Ambassador

Post 03 May 2016, 6:21 pm

dag hammarsjkold wrote:I agree with you completely. He will stop at nothing to win.

Neither will Hillary. That's why I believe this will be the dirtiest campaign in modern history. My theory is buttressed by the fact that they both have subterranean likability ratings, so the only hope both campaigns have is to be less disliked than the other.

It's going to be worse than ugly.
Adjutant

Post 03 May 2016, 11:50 pm

Well, I like Trump better than Cruz so I am happy Cruz is out...he's not the Zodiac killer and I don't think his father was involved in the JFK assassination...the jury is still out on his being Lucifer, though.
Statesman

Post 04 May 2016, 7:24 am

dag
1. To your question though, in a round about and controversial way, he has brought to the fore

I agree with you that he has challenged conservative dogma and raised issues...
The problem is that he is exploiting the issues with no credible idea or policies to address them.

1. heroin... look around the world and you'll fnd places that are successfully combatting the scourge of drug abuse. But largely by treating drug abuse and addicition as a health issue, not a criminal issue. In this way they have reduced drug use and are driving the criminal element out of drugs.
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/drug-treatm ... -/37819830

Trumps idea? Build a wall... predictably a failure. (see drug tunnels) As one US marshall said, a 40 foot wall just creates a market for 45 foot ladders.

2. Rebuilding industry? Whats his idea? A 45 % tax on Chinese imports. All that will do is increase the cost of many commodities and products to Americans. Inflation... and cost of living will create more pain long before American industry would decide to try and compete with the advatage of tariffs. And 45% might not be enough. Products with a high labour component are still going to be more cheaply made in China. And those with more automated processes are already coming back to North America, but unfortunatly not hiring as many as they were before automation.

3. Trade imbalance? Agan, what do any of his so-called policies accomplish?

4. Sure he complains about corproate money. But has he announced any plans for legislation that would change this? All its been has been fuel for his demogoguery. Hillary has .

http://time.com/4024830/hillary-clinton ... -proposal/

5. I agree he has done this. But unless it results in actual change what of it?
Emissary

Post 04 May 2016, 9:14 am

Well we both agree that he is a light weight when it comes to outlining steps for changing anything. All we've seen is rhetoric to assist his popularity and nothing more.

What of it?

The issues he has helped to place under the microscope have led to much needed national debate. Just because he is a heinous ass doesn't mean the issues he has helped to raise aren't important. Divorce the man from the issues and the RNC can possibly take important notes for the future of their has been party.

Maybe now we will see a more focused effort on the part of politicians (on both sides) to deal with these issues in concrete ways. With any luck we will see a new crop of politicians emerge who actually have plans and are willing to take these issues on in creative ways.

That's what of it.
Emissary

Post 28 Jul 2016, 9:18 am

He gets a lot of things wrong, but when it comes to the media, I'm not so sure.

In rally after rally Trump called the media out. He referred to them as the most dishonest people in the world.

The most dishonest people in the world.

Why is it that no one within the media even addressed this as a possible issue? You may think the answer is obvious but he's won the nomination so such a claim must have registered with quite a few people. I can barely stomach the guy but I find myself agreeing with him on this point.

The only media person I could find who actually tried to analyze this claim was Rush Limbaugh.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/rush-limbaugh-trump-media-criticism-223744

Rush Limbaugh. Talk about not being able to stomach even the sight of a person, I can't stand this man. But he's right.

We all know that the media is biased no matter where that media falls on a given political spectrum, but I have never witnessed anything like the last couple of months.

Limbaugh makes an interesting point in that the liberal media hates Trump and is desperate to stop him but they love the money he makes them via their coverage of his insanity.

There is obviously a sentiment in the country that 1. doesn't believe anything they hear from the media and 2. wants desperately to see the media establishment lose.
Emissary

Post 21 Oct 2016, 8:07 am

It seems that more of Trumps "outlandish" claims are grounded in truth.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/21/huma-on-hillarys-12m-morocco-fiasco-she-created-this-mess-and-she-knows-it/

There is also video evidence of democrat activists infiltrating Trumps' rallies to incite violence.

There is also email evidence of the criminal being fed the town hall questions prior to the debate in St. Louis.

Not that any Clinton scandal is capable of changing any democrat leaning person's mind about her.

Conclusion.....Trump is an egomaniac and behaves like a selfish child, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.