Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 01 May 2011, 5:16 am

Minister X wrote:Anyway, count your blessings, Steve. Your "adios" message has already gotten more attention than any of mine ever did! :upset:

Where's the love X? I hunted you down in real life to invite you back to Redscape. Creepy, I know, but these boards aren't the same without you. Likewise Steve if he goes through with it.

I completely get the "wasting time" angle, though. I suggest rationing rather than cold turkey.
Dignitary

Post 01 May 2011, 6:05 am

So I can blame you for all the time I waste here?
:yes:
Dignitary

Post 01 May 2011, 4:22 pm

Wow. I never figured Steve for a ragequitter. I hope he changes his mind. The ragequit never, ever looks good on anyone. If the forums are getting to you (or boring you, or what have you) there's really no need to announce it. I've wandered off multiple times in the past few years, but I keep the forum bookmarked because I know I'll wander back again, even if just for a day or two.

Steve, if you are reading this, I hope you will at least keep posting in the hobby section. I just bought Civ 5 last week and I was hoping to be able to pick your brain now and then. :smile:

By the way, has anyone ever heard or seen Tez since his last ragequit? Has he joined the new site, even to play games?
Dignitary

Post 01 May 2011, 5:51 pm

Heck Tate wrote:By the way, has anyone ever heard or seen Tez since his last ragequit? Has he joined the new site, even to play games?

Tez plays in the Redscape Fantasy Baseball league, and he's quite active, but I don't think he's ever posted since his ragequit (nice expression, BTW).
Administrator

Post 01 May 2011, 7:41 pm

[quote]Clearly, the President went to a benign, racially neutral church on Easter, whose pastor doesn't have a racially-biased bone in his body.

This whole thread was my attempt to discredit the Great Man. He also does not have a racial-bias. That's clear in all that he has ever said and one.[/quote
Whoa!
Racially neutral?
Absolutely not
I simply said it wasn't near as bad as you were painting it.

He has NO racial bias? Also not said (by me) I think it's pretty darned hard to not have at least SOME racial bias in all of us. How we act upon it is what is important, how well we turn it off is important. The President does a pretty good job of being neutral but heck, the church he attends is a black church, that's fine by me, it's who he is, it's what speaks to him. It may not be as "neutral" as I would like, it's certainly not a neutral as Steve would like, I just don't think it's a big issue and I find it incredibly minor an issue. Should we pick on him for what color tie he wears or does not wear as well?
Dignitary

Post 05 May 2011, 8:37 am

geojanes wrote:
Heck Tate wrote:By the way, has anyone ever heard or seen Tez since his last ragequit? Has he joined the new site, even to play games?

Tez plays in the Redscape Fantasy Baseball league, and he's quite active, but I don't think he's ever posted since his ragequit (nice expression, BTW).

I shared this forum with Tez and he checked it out. He says it's the second time he's read the forum since he left (which he does not call a ragequit, BTW). He says he's active here: http://www.newsvine.com
Administrator

Post 06 May 2011, 11:37 am

I will wear Steve's avatar in memorial of our "Dearly Departed". This will be until the end of May.

Perhaps the loss (and decreased postings) will be a lesson to treat all with respect on the boards...
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 06 May 2011, 11:47 am

Get bent Bauska. You know you cheated in the RBL to beat me in week one (unsubtantiated claim). You'll get respect when you stop using the sissy Wallaby as your mascot.
Administrator

Post 06 May 2011, 12:25 pm

WWSD (What Would Steve Do)

A 7-3 victory over an amphibian (we called them speed bumps while in Florida) is substantiated and more provable than Bin Laden's death.
Dignitary

Post 06 May 2011, 2:15 pm

bbauska wrote:Perhaps the loss (and decreased postings) will be a lesson to treat all with respect on the boards...

I have nothing against Steve, but I'm at a loss as to what you're insinuating above. Is there a specific act of disrespect that you think prompted his departure? Surely disagreeing with another poster is not automatically disrespectful now.

I've read a lot of Redscape politics threads, and I fail to see how this one stands out as particularly ugly. Perhaps there's some subtle nastiness (beyond the usual Steve vs Danivon stuff that nobody can be blamed for simply skimming and moving on) that I missed when I was following this thread in the past?
Administrator

Post 06 May 2011, 2:42 pm

All I am saying is be introspective about yourself. If you see a fault, try to correct it. I have, and will do the same.
Dignitary

Post 06 May 2011, 2:53 pm

bbauska wrote:All I am saying is be introspective about yourself. If you see a fault, try to correct it. I have, and will do the same.

With respect, that's not what you said before.

Perhaps the loss (and decreased postings) will be a lesson to treat all with respect on the boards...

Are you saying now that you no longer believe that losing Steve may be a lesson to treat all with respect? Or do you stand by that statement? If the latter, then how exactly is anything connected with Steve's departure supposed to teach anyone a lesson about respect? How was Steve's departure motivated by disrespect? I am genuinely curious as to what slipped past my radar in the pages above.
Administrator

Post 06 May 2011, 3:05 pm

I believe that Steve felt disrespected, and I have no knowledge one way or the other to that fact. Steve's loss to the boards is a loss for everyone, just as Danivon's, RickyP's or Tez's. It is sad that Steve reacted as he did, and he was just as antagonistic as others were.

I don't understand your question about being introspective. If there is a fault in me, I want to change it. If there is a fault that YOU see in YOU, I hope you would want to change that as well. Being disrespectful is a fault in my book. If I am disrespectful, I will make amends and change.

I am not telling ANYONE how to act. I am saying how we should examine ourselves for fault.

And yes, I stand by my statement about the loss of Steve and the loss of his postings.
Emissary

Post 06 May 2011, 3:13 pm

It's a shame that Steve decided to disappear and I'd like him back, but ultimately I have little sympathy for his complaints. He was extremely provocative in his own comments and didn't have many qualms about wilfully misinterpreting people in order to make cheap shots, so to flounce off playing the victim card was pretty ridiculous. I'd welcome him back but I don't think he deserves any kind of apology.
Dignitary

Post 06 May 2011, 3:59 pm

bbauska wrote:I believe that Steve felt disrespected, and I have no knowledge one way or the other to that fact.

Ok, that's what I was wondering about. So (correct me if I'm wrong) you don't believe Steve's departure was a response to any particular disrespectful statement by any particular poster or group of posters in this thread.

Steve's loss to the boards is a loss for everyone, just as Danivon's, RickyP's or Tez's. It is sad that Steve reacted as he did, and he was just as antagonistic as others were.

No argument here on any of this.

I don't understand your question about being introspective.

I don't believe I asked a question about being introspective. I only asked if your introspection remark was meant to replace your comments about Steve's departure teaching a lesson about respect. I don't see any obvious logical connection between the two comments, yet one was offered as clarification for the other.

And yes, I stand by my statement about the loss of Steve and the loss of his postings.

:confused: Wait a sec. You stand by your earlier statement that Steve's quitting the politics forum may teach us a lesson about respect. Yet you seem to be telling me above that you have no knowledge one way or the other as to why he felt disrespected. What, then, is the lesson that you feel we might learn from what happened in this thread? If the lesson is simply "be introspective", then the implication of your statement is that Steve's departure was a direct result of someone's failure at introspection...which brings me right back to my confusion: where in the thread do we see anyone failing at introspection...I mean more than usually? :smile: