Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 21062
Joined: 15 Jun 2002, 6:53 am

Post 28 Jul 2016, 6:27 am

danivon wrote:
Doctor Fate wrote:
danivon wrote:Which outlets, and when?

While an incident is ongoing, it is often premature to judge motive. Even in the immediate aftermath, we should allow for some investigation into the facts.

After all, I expect a lot of people jumped to conclusions about the Munich shootings. False rumours and video taken from other incidents did cause a confusing picture.


Meh.

Calling the attack in Nice a "truck attack." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nic ... 568f8483d4

It happens all the time, even after the motive has been fully explained.

Has it? The article you cited does mention that IS claim responsibility, but also,
authorities say they have yet to find evidence that the 31-year-old, who was shot dead by police, had any actual links to the militant group.

First, it's about the headlines minimizing the involvement of Islamism.

Second, that the police haven't linked him to ISIS does not remove the shouts of "Allahu Akhbar!"

ISIS is claiming responsibility. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/isi ... c3ee51128b

Meanwhile, another Islamist attack in France. This time, a priest is decapitated. Every day or two Islamic extremists are attacking somewhere in Europe, but . . .
User avatar
Emissary
 
Posts: 1512
Joined: 15 Oct 2002, 9:34 pm

Post 21 Dec 2016, 5:09 pm

A few points....

I find it odd that a radical Muslim shoots Russia's secretary of state and now another radical Muslim drives a truck into a crowd in Berlin and none of us here create a thread for it.

Why is that?

Perhaps attacks like these are becoming so common place that we have simply resigned ourselves to the fact that it is now the new normal?

I have a prediction.

If this thread continues to be used to discuss radical Muslim attacks and future attacks, it will become the most viewed thread in all of Redscape history. I haven't looked to see what thread is currently the crowned prince (there are quite a few doozies) but whichever one it is, it's days are numbered.
User avatar
Statesman
 
Posts: 10979
Joined: 15 Aug 2000, 8:59 am

Post 22 Dec 2016, 7:58 am

fate
First, it's about the headlines minimizing the involvement of Islamism.
Second, that the police haven't linked him to ISIS does not remove the shouts of "Allahu Akhbar!"
ISIS is claiming responsibility. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/isi ... c3ee51128b
Meanwhile, another Islamist attack in France. This time, a priest is decapitated. Every day or two Islamic extremists are attacking somewhere in Europe, but .
. .

Did you miss this one Fate?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... d-44296970

Fate
Meh.
Calling the attack in Nice a "truck attack." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nic ... 568f8483d4
It happens all the time, even after the motive has been fully explained.

It was fully explained? Whats your source, because French authorities don't think it has been fully explained.
Insane people, dissafected people, delusional people are often guilty of crimes like this ..... Their motivations are usually muddled and confused.

French investigating authorities have various theories about the attack. An inquiry into “terrorist mass murder” has been opened, but prosecutors admit that for the moment there is no evidence of ideological motivation. Yet there has been a claim of responsibility from Isis and there is evidence of premeditation. The use of a vehicle, the target, and the fact that the attack took place on the highly symbolic Bastille Day all suggest a jihadi operation.
Lahouaiej-Bouhlel certainly matches the classic profile of French violent Islamic extremist in many ways – though he is a relatively recent arrival rather than born in the country of immigrant parents, as is more usually the case. He was a young, male petty criminal. He was also not devout, all witnesses so far agree. He did not fast during Ramadan, ate pork, drank, and was never seen at any local mosque
.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... sm-profile

edited to add source
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 21062
Joined: 15 Jun 2002, 6:53 am

Post 22 Dec 2016, 8:20 am

rickyp wrote:fate
First, it's about the headlines minimizing the involvement of Islamism.
Second, that the police haven't linked him to ISIS does not remove the shouts of "Allahu Akhbar!"
ISIS is claiming responsibility. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/isi ... c3ee51128b
Meanwhile, another Islamist attack in France. This time, a priest is decapitated. Every day or two Islamic extremists are attacking somewhere in Europe, but .
. .

Did you miss this one Fate?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... d-44296970


What's your point, since this attack happened months after my post?

You're still out of sorts from being so wrong about the election, aren't you? That's okay, so is Hillary.

Fate
Meh.
Calling the attack in Nice a "truck attack." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nic ... 568f8483d4
It happens all the time, even after the motive has been fully explained.

It was fully explained? Whats your source, because French authorities don't think it has been fully explained.
Insane people, dissafected people, delusional people are often guilty of crimes like this ..... Their motivations are usually muddled and confused.

French investigating authorities have various theories about the attack. An inquiry into “terrorist mass murder” has been opened, but prosecutors admit that for the moment there is no evidence of ideological motivation. Yet there has been a claim of responsibility from Isis and there is evidence of premeditation. The use of a vehicle, the target, and the fact that the attack took place on the highly symbolic Bastille Day all suggest a jihadi operation.
Lahouaiej-Bouhlel certainly matches the classic profile of French violent Islamic extremist in many ways – though he is a relatively recent arrival rather than born in the country of immigrant parents, as is more usually the case. He was a young, male petty criminal. He was also not devout, all witnesses so far agree. He did not fast during Ramadan, ate pork, drank, and was never seen at any local mosque
.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... sm-profile

edited to add source


So what?

So-called Islamic State later claimed one of its followers carried out the attack.
A news agency linked to the group, Amaq Agency, said: "He did the attack in response to calls to target the citizens of the coalition that is fighting the Islamic State."
Officials said it bore the hallmark of a terrorist organisation.
President Hollande said it was "an attack whose terrorist nature cannot be denied".
Mr Molins said the attack was "in line with the constant calls to kill" from militant Islamist groups, and the investigation would be seek to find out whether Lahouaiej-Bouhlel had ties to Islamist militants.
French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said Lahouaiej-Bouhlel seemed to have been "radicalised very quickly".
Anti-terrorist prosecutors in Paris have launched an inquiry for murder and attempted murder as part of an organised terrorist strike.
France's DGSI internal security organisation warned of the danger of further attacks from Islamist militants with "booby-trapped vehicles and bombs". http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36801671


This is a lot of preparation for someone who may be "delusional."

Police said that, at the time of the attack, Lahouaiej-Bouhlel was in possession of an automatic pistol, bullets, a fake automatic pistol and two replica assault rifles (a Kalashnikov and an M16), an empty grenade. Also in the lorry with him were a driving licence and a bank card.


You have no evidence, only supposition. Did you even check wikipedia?

By 21 July, four men and one woman, all previously unknown to the French intelligence agencies, had been charged by the ministère public with "criminal conspiracy in relation to a terrorist enterprise".[75] Ramzi, Mohamed Walid and Chokri were also charged with complicity in murder connected to a terrorist organisation. A fifth, unnamed, man was later charged with conspiracy in relation to a terrorist enterprise.

Ramzi A., a French-Tunisian born in Nice, aged 21.[75] He was suspected, of having "participated in supplying the automatic pistol of the killer".[75][144] While under arrest, he disclosed the location of a Kalashnikov rifle. On the night of the attack, at 22:27, he received a text message from Lahouaiej-Bouhlel: "I wanted to tell you that the pistol you brought me yesterday was very good, so bring five more from your friend's place. They're for Chokri and his friends".[75][145]
Mohamed Walid G., a French-Tunisian born in Tunisia, aged 40[75] or 41.[146] In January 2015, shortly after the attack on Charlie Hebdo, this suspect allegedly sent a text message to Lahouaiej-Bouhlel saying, "I am not Charlie ... I am happy, they have brought soldiers of Allah to finish the job."[b][147] Between July 2015 and July 2016, Bouhlel and this suspect contacted each other by telephone 1,278 times.[16] Photos on Lahouaiej-Bouhlel's telephone, dated 11 and 13 July, showed him with Bouhlel in the truck used for the attack.[75] This suspect was said to have filmed the carnage minutes after the attack on 14 July,[148][149] or to have filmed the crime scene on 15 July.[16][75] France 24 said that "only ... Ramzi had a criminal record for robbery and drug offences",[16] whereas The Guardian said that "only [M. Walid] had a criminal record, for robbery, theft, assault and drug offences".[146][clarification needed]
Chokri C., a Tunisian aged 37.[149] This suspect allegedly sent Lahouaiej-Bouhlel a Facebook message in April 2016, which read, "Load the truck with 2,000 tons of iron and @#$!, release the brakes my friend, and I will watch."[c][75] Fingerprints of this suspect were found on the passenger door of Lahouaiej-Bouhlel's truck,[147] and CCTV footage showed him seated next to Lahouaiej-Bouhlel as he drove the truck along the Promenade des Anglais on the evening of 12 July.[75]
Artan H., an Albanian, aged 38; and his Albanian-born wife Enkeledgia Z., aged 42, who had dual French-Albanian nationality.[75] This couple were suspected of "participat[ing] in supplying the automatic pistol of the killer",[75][144] and breaking the law on weapons in relation to a terrorist enterprise.[d][146][150][151]
An unnamed 36-year-old man, arrested on 25 July, was also charged with conspiracy in relation to a terrorist enterprise.[e] He had been recorded on Lahouaiej-Bouhlel's mobile phone in a selfie with Lahouaiej-Bouhlel taken next to the truck.[143] He was transferred to Paris on 1 August for further questioning.[152][153]


You're as accurate as usual.
User avatar
Emissary
 
Posts: 1512
Joined: 15 Oct 2002, 9:34 pm

Post 23 May 2017, 5:48 am

To all you Brits who frequent Redscape, your country is in our thoughts and prayers.
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 4792
Joined: 08 Jun 2000, 10:26 am

Post 23 May 2017, 7:55 am

dag hammarsjkold wrote:To all you Brits who frequent Redscape, your country is in our thoughts and prayers.


Well put. Thoughts and prayers to you and your families.
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 21062
Joined: 15 Jun 2002, 6:53 am

Post 24 May 2017, 9:19 am

Ray Jay wrote:
dag hammarsjkold wrote:To all you Brits who frequent Redscape, your country is in our thoughts and prayers.


Well put. Thoughts and prayers to you and your families.


Horrible incident. Prayers to the victims and their families.

May justice be visited upon all who participated in planning and executing this evil deed.