Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 20 Nov 2015, 10:33 am

Doctor Fate wrote:Awesome post! Best ever!
Thanks for the compliment.

Bunch of questions, no answers.
Well, yes that is the idea. I was hoping you may have an answer to them, but seems this is all you got.

Echo chamber.

Totally worth it.
Wow, so when I agree with the premise that there is too much censoriousness among students, you still can't help making a dig.

Whatever, kidda.
Ambassador

Post 20 Nov 2015, 10:35 am

rickyp wrote:Free Speech..and the Internet.
CloudFlare has been accused of being used by ISIS to defend ISIS websites from hacking.. By Anonymous. (Even though Anonymous also uses Cloudflare) .

the company’s chief executive Matthew Prince published a blogpost laying out its view on free speech on its network.
Prince wrote: “A website is speech. It is not a bomb. There is no imminent danger it creates and no provider has an affirmative obligation to monitor and make determinations about the theoretically harmful nature of speech a site may contain …
“If we were to receive a valid court order that compelled us to not provide service to a customer then we would comply with that court order. We have never received a request to terminate the site in question from any law enforcement authority, let alone a valid order from a court.

“Even if we were hosting sites for Isis, it wouldn’t be of any use to us … I should imagine those kinds of people pay with stolen credit cards and so that’s a negative for us.”

Kind of a difficult business model... Your customers are those desperate to elude scrutiny of any kind.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... lping-isis

I think Anonymous are just being idiots. Apparently in their sweep of Twitter accounts they got killed off there were many innocents.

And it is ironic that they are usingbthe exact same tactics that they hate anyone else using.
Ambassador

Post 20 Nov 2015, 11:38 am

danivon wrote:Well, yes that is the idea. I was hoping you may have an answer to them, but seems this is all you got..

Because I'm not going to play your juvenile game, kidda.
Ambassador

Post 25 Nov 2015, 12:55 pm

This is a very worthy read. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... timidation