Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 14 Jun 2015, 4:10 am

bbauska wrote:I am sorry you were unable to follow that.
I was able, I got both possible meanings but for giggles decided to pick the one that you probably did not intend.

But I did as a wink-smiley as a flag. I am sorry you were unable to get the joke :cool:
Statesman

Post 14 Jun 2015, 7:43 am

freeman3.
She believes in feminism but does not call for any government intervention (which has worked in other countries) to bring it about

Carly is the Republican example of The Woman who made it" , so the system must be fair... (Carson is their token black success story).

Republicans have the same problem on income inequality. They now all recognize it publicly, even Perry recently made a speech about it. But they propose the same policies that have exacerbated income inequality over the last 35 years.
Carly is unlikely to qualify for the Fox debates as one of the top ten candidates. her polling numbers are non-existent. Any candidate not included in the first debates because of low polling will be immediately written off.
Administrator

Post 14 Jun 2015, 8:02 am

danivon wrote:
bbauska wrote:I am sorry you were unable to follow that.
I was able, I got both possible meanings but for giggles decided to pick the one that you probably did not intend.

But I did as a wink-smiley as a flag. I am sorry you were unable to get the joke :cool:

I got it. I wanted your honest answer.
Ambassador

Post 15 Jun 2015, 2:08 pm

rickyp wrote:freeman3.
She believes in feminism but does not call for any government intervention (which has worked in other countries) to bring it about

Carly is the Republican example of The Woman who made it" , so the system must be fair... (Carson is their token black success story).

Funny guy. Hillary is the Democratic example of the Woman who "served" her way into hundreds of millions of dollars.

Republicans have the same problem on income inequality. They now all recognize it publicly, even Perry recently made a speech about it. But they propose the same policies that have exacerbated income inequality over the last 35 years.

As opposed to Obama, who managed to make things worse using progressive policies.

Meanwhile, Hillary rages against people making too much money . . . as she and her husband were making $250-500k a speech. She is a champion of the common folk!

Carly is unlikely to qualify for the Fox debates as one of the top ten candidates. her polling numbers are non-existent. Any candidate not included in the first debates because of low polling will be immediately written off.

She's polling better than the governor of Ohio, a senator from South Carolina, and a governor of Louisiana. So, I don't know about "non-existent." http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -3823.html

Then again, when I want facts, I can count on you to leave them out.
Statesman

Post 15 Jun 2015, 3:17 pm

fate
She's polling better than the governor of Ohio, a senator from South Carolina, and a governor of Louisiana. So, I don't know about "non-existent.

The margin of error is more than her poll numbers...
Plus, if the Fox rules stand, she needs to finish in the top ten to participate in the debates.
Your right in that she would be in the party of the gentlemen you name as excluded .
Ambassador

Post 15 Jun 2015, 5:02 pm

rickyp wrote:fate
She's polling better than the governor of Ohio, a senator from South Carolina, and a governor of Louisiana. So, I don't know about "non-existent.

The margin of error is more than her poll numbers...
Plus, if the Fox rules stand, she needs to finish in the top ten to participate in the debates.
Your right in that she would be in the party of the gentlemen you name as excluded .

The MOE covers quite a few candidates.
Statesman

Post 16 Jun 2015, 5:40 am

fate
The MOE covers quite a few candidates

In more ways than one.
Ambassador

Post 16 Jun 2015, 6:54 am

Back to Hillary.

I saw an interview on FNS (Fox News Sunday) with one of Hillary's spokeswomen. She said how consistent Hillary has been. Um, yeah. Well, I guess it depends on what "consistent" means.

45 times Secretary Clinton pushed the trade bill she now opposes

But as members of the Obama administration can attest, Clinton was one of the leading drivers of the TPP when Secretary of State. Here are 45 instances when she approvingly invoked the trade bill about which she is now expressing concerns:

1. January 31, 2013: Remarks on American Leadership at the Council on Foreign Relations

"First and foremost, this so-called pivot has been about creative diplomacy:Like signing a little-noted treaty of amity and cooperation with ASEAN that opened the door to permanent representation and ultimately elevated a forum for engaging on high-stakes issues like the South China Sea. We've encouraged India's "Look East" policy as a way to weave another big democracy into the fabric of the Asia Pacific. We've used trade negotiations over the Trans-Pacific Partnership to find common ground with a former adversary in Vietnam. And the list goes on."

2. January 18, 2013: Remarks With Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida

"We also discussed the Trans-Pacific Partnership and we shared perspectives on Japan's possible participation, because we think this holds out great economic opportunities to all participating nations."

. . .

Leadership, thy name be not "Hillary."
Ambassador

Post 16 Jun 2015, 7:02 am

Benghazi is over? Maybe, but what about discovering a cover-up?

WASHINGTON — Emails that a longtime confidant to Hillary Rodham Clinton recently handed over to the House committee investigating the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, raise new questions about whether the State Department and Mrs. Clinton have complied with a series of requests from the panel.

The emails, provided by Sidney Blumenthal, a close adviser to Mrs. Clinton, include information about weapons that were circulating in Libya and about the security situation in Benghazi in the year and a half before the attacks. The committee has asked the State Department and Mrs. Clinton several times in the past year for emails from her and other department officials about “weapons located or found in” Libya and about the decision to open and maintain a diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

The emails from Mr. Blumenthal have widened a rift between the State Department and the committee. State Department officials said that they had complied only with requests and subpoenas related directly to the attacks because the committee’s demands were too broad. The department has “provided the committee with a subset of documents that matched its request and will continue to work with them going forward,” said a spokesman, Alec Gerlach.

But the panel has called that an excuse to protect Mrs. Clinton and to slow the investigation of the attacks, which occurred on Sept. 11, 2012, and resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens.

It is not clear whether the State Department possesses the emails between Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Blumenthal and did not hand them over. It is also possible that Mrs. Clinton never provided them to the department and deleted them off the server that housed the personal account she used exclusively when she was secretary of state.

Now, let's see . . . why is it the State Department might not have said emails? Could it be that Secretary Clinton deemed them "personal?" Or, is someone at State being dishonest? For what reason?

I expect Mrs. Clinton's drones now to suggest this is "old news" or "immaterial" or "a conspiracy theory" or whatever. It's far too easy to conclude she's dishonest. Clinton-believers never take the shortest distance between two points because they would not like the conclusion.
Statesman

Post 16 Jun 2015, 8:34 am

http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/3 ... -benghazi/

Blumenthal is testifying at the House today.
So i suppose the house of cards will all come tumbling down.
or not.
Ambassador

Post 16 Jun 2015, 8:56 am

rickyp wrote:http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/310116/sidney-blumenthal-testifies-about-hillary-and-benghazi/

Blumenthal is testifying at the House today.
So i suppose the house of cards will all come tumbling down.
or not.

He is a practiced liar, which is why the Clintons hired him at CGI. He's useful to them.

You and your fellow travelers can cling to the "no crime has been proven" mantra. I find that a sad standard when considering the office of President.
Statesman

Post 16 Jun 2015, 1:34 pm

fate
He is a practiced liar, which is why the Clintons hired him at CGI. He's useful to them

You don't sound in the least hopeful that the innuendo will be turned into solid evidence of wrong doing....
Are you learning from experience?
Ambassador

Post 16 Jun 2015, 2:21 pm

rickyp wrote:fate
He is a practiced liar, which is why the Clintons hired him at CGI. He's useful to them

You don't sound in the least hopeful that the innuendo will be turned into solid evidence of wrong doing....
Are you learning from experience?

Anyone who knows anything knows that liars lie. The Clintons are liars. Anyone who can say "It depends on what the meaning of is is" is a well-practiced and skilled liar.

However, that doesn't mean anything with regard to Benghazi. The documents to tell me what I want to know exist(ed). The only questions are whether the documents were destroyed by Hillary (after she was asked for them) or whether they will ever be seen by Congress. We shall see.

We do know that Hillary Clinton ran a particularly inept State Department. We don't need hearings for that.
Statesman

Post 17 Jun 2015, 1:58 pm

The result of the Blumenthal testimony.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/art ... hazi-panel

Underwhelming as always.;
Ambassador

Post 18 Jun 2015, 7:43 am

rickyp wrote:The result of the Blumenthal testimony.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/art ... hazi-panel

Underwhelming as always.;

It's interesting how this is reported differently by the press, depending on perspective. In the conservative press there is an emphasis on:

1. Blumenthal was a paid consultant to companies doing business in Libya.
2. These private e-mails about Libya were never provided by Mrs. Clinton even after she claimed to have released all relevant e-mails from her State Department days.

Time will tell ...