Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 12 Apr 2011, 2:42 pm

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispa ... or_gbagbo/

Pat Robertson defended Gbagbo as a 'very fine man'. He suggests that the Christian leader is fraudulently being replaced by a Muslim, and this means another victory for the spread of Sharia.

Some might say 'so what?', Robertson is just out of his depth and comments on more than he should. Except that he's personally involved in gold and/or diamond mining in Africa. Kind of a weird thing don't you think? The Christians I know dig wells in Africa, they're not there to exploit the regions natural resources for profit. I mean come on Charles Taylor?

In some ways it might not matter how big his audience is or how dumb and greedy he might be. The problem is he and other similar characters are out trying to direct US foreign policy and the use of the military in their moral war against sharia.
Ambassador

Post 13 Apr 2011, 8:44 am

Neal Anderth wrote:In some ways it might not matter how big his audience is or how dumb and greedy he might be. The problem is he and other similar characters are out trying to direct US foreign policy and the use of the military in their moral war against sharia.

You're as nutty as Robertson. How much pull does he have with Obama? How much power does he have with the religious right? He might, maybe, have influence over 10% of GOP primary voters--to be generous.

He's a liar.

He's greedy.

He ran for President and proved how popular he really is.

Not very.
Administrator

Post 13 Apr 2011, 9:57 am

Pat who? Non-starter...
Ambassador

Post 13 Apr 2011, 10:12 am

bbauska wrote:Pat who? Non-starter...

"Someone's being healed of a sore in Saskatchewan, someone else is receiving relief from a ripped toenail in Tooele, and I see a swollen skull being shrunken in Braintree."

Yeah, THAT is Pat Robertson.