Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 07 Mar 2011, 8:33 pm

what I am reading is a bunch of garbage simply aimed at being childish. You are doing nothing but making things up intended to get a rise....childish.
Nothing you state makes sense, little is truthful
keep trying pal, maybe if you type enough words they might start to make some sense, you have not made your case yet.

I id not view the video!
Wow, I was clear, I was concise, I did not pretend to talk about that exact event. Am I not allowed to talk of something that directly relates to the topic? That answer is most certainly YES
Your odd objection simply shows what an incredible ass you can be.
Ambassador

Post 07 Mar 2011, 9:52 pm

It is impossible to be racists when 3/4 of your life long best friends (and there familys) yield from asian/aboriginal/indian descent.

I think left and right should be replaced with common sense, you either have it or you don't.

The more ethnicity in this nation the stronger we as a united people will be. But there can be only one culture here. (insert leonidas) This is Aussieland! Not that there is anything wrong with people practicing there own cultures and traditions and in fact many of those traditions augment our own.
Administrator

Post 07 Mar 2011, 10:05 pm

We have similar situations here in the states as well. Embrace your heritage and culture but do so while being a part of your new melting pot society. Those who refuse to blend with the rest of society only make things worse.
Ambassador

Post 07 Mar 2011, 10:29 pm

Assimilate into the collective ^^ :P
Emissary

Post 08 Mar 2011, 7:13 am

Did any of those evil Tea Partiers suggest that Muslims be stoned to death, as the founder and operator of this very site did re: Sarah Palin recently?

If not, it seems to me that they're well within the bounds of the new civility.
Ambassador

Post 08 Mar 2011, 4:00 pm

Rolls wrote:It is impossible to be racists when 3/4 of your life long best friends (and there familys) yield from asian/aboriginal/indian descent.
Of course it is not impossible. I've seen the very thing with my own eyes.

I think left and right should be replaced with common sense, you either have it or you don't.
Or, that which is common makes little sense, and that which is sensible is all too uncommon. I'd settle for more civility, perhaps.

Machiavelli wrote:]Did any of those evil Tea Partiers suggest that Muslims be stoned to death, as the founder and operator of this very site did re: Sarah Palin recently?
No. But one did suggest that a bunch of marines should murder them as 'terrorists'. She was an elected politician, to boot. Well, I assume she was elected, she is at least on the local council.
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 08 Mar 2011, 5:51 pm

This NPR ambush video is enough material for three threads:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd9OYJMX ... r_embedded
Ambassador

Post 08 Mar 2011, 7:08 pm

go for it ... what's your take away?

Post 09 Mar 2011, 11:41 am

Republican Peter King is about to start his bigoted witch hunt against Muslims yet:
Support for the IRA

In the 1980s, King frequently traveled to Northern Ireland to meet with IRA members. In 1982, speaking at a pro-IRA rally in Nassau County, New York, King said: “We must pledge ourselves to support those brave men and women who this very moment are carrying forth the struggle against British imperialism in the streets of Belfast and Derry.” "In 1985, he convened a press conference before the start of New York City's St. Patrick's Day parade (for which he was Grand Marshal), and offered a defiant defense of the IRA: 'As we march up the avenue and share all the joy,' he declared, 'let us never forget the men and women who are suffering and, most of all, the men and women who are fighting.'" Regarding the 30 years of violence during which the IRA killed over 1700 people, including over 600 civilians, King said, ""If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation, it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the IRA for it". King compared IRA leader Gerry Adams to George Washington and asserted that the "British government is a murder machine".

He called the IRA "the legitimate voice of occupied Ireland."A Northern Irish judge ordered King ejected from the former's courtroom, describing him as “an obvious collaborator with the IRA”. King called himself "the Ollie North of Ireland."King did not meet Gerry Adams until 1984, four years after his liaison with the IRA began and before that his links with the IRA were predominantly with its military, rather than the political wing, Sinn Fein. At this time he was friendly with Michael McKevitt, the common law partner of Bernadette Sands, sister of the IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands. McKevitt was at the time a senior leader of the IRA and was its Quarter Master-General, in charge of arms acquisition. McKevitt planned a massive series of arms smuggling operations of weapons provided to the IRA by Libyan leader, Col. Muammar Gaddafi during the mid-1980's. During this time, King would stay in their home in Co. Louth while visiting Ireland and was also very close to the IRA's former Operations Officer in Belfast, Anto Murray, who was convicted in 1990 of kidnapping a suspected British spy. As Belfast Operations Officer, Murray planned or authorised every IRA bombing, shooting and killing in the city. King would stay with Murray and his wife Lucy during visits to Belfast and after Anto Murray was imprisoned, he hosted Lucy Murray on a tour of the Capitol when she visited the United States. He became involved with NORAID, an organization that the British, Irish and US governments accuse of financing IRA activities and providing them with weapons. He was banned from appearing on British TV for his pro IRA views and refusing to condemn IRA activity in the UK. When the Archbishop of New York embraced King at the city's St. Patrick's Day Parade, the Daily Mail "dedicated an entire editorial to the affair and called it the 'handshake of shame.'"

In 1993, King lobbied for Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams to be a guest at the inauguration of President Bill Clinton. In 2000, he called then-presidential candidate George W. Bush a tool of "anti-Catholic bigoted forces," after Bush visited Bob Jones University in South Carolina, "an institution that is notorious in Ireland for awarding an honorary doctorate to Northern Ireland's tempestuous Protestant leader, Ian Paisley."

He stopped supporting the IRA after being offended by Irish public opposition to the invasion of Iraq, labelling it as begrudgery rather than suspicion of and opposition to the war.

In 2008, King spoke in defense of bail for a fugitive IRA member, Pól Brennan, who had escaped from prison in the UK and been detained in Texas 15 years later. The IRA member, who had broken out of prison during the Maze Prison escape and entered America illegally, was being held without bail after his work permit expired; King said: "My experience dealing with (Irish) republicans is that they don't jump bail in this country. They honor their commitments."

He's got no problem with terrorist violence as long as it's direct at his perceived enemies.
Emissary

Post 09 Mar 2011, 11:52 am

I'm glad you brought this up Pigs. Was wondering when we'd see a thread about Peter King. It really is amazing that a man with a track record of openly fundraising for a terrorist organisation and who has a number of close friends who are convicted murderers and terrorists should be heading up something like this, but I guess it takes all sorts....
Ambassador

Post 09 Mar 2011, 12:09 pm

Good gravy! Perhaps every witness should start their testimony by naming an IRA victim?

Post 09 Mar 2011, 12:12 pm

How can this guy be the Chair of Homeland Security? I swear the Republicans are begging me to vote against them.
Administrator

Post 09 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

The guy has a poor history to say the least. But is this hearing wrong because of the past? It seems to me some want to ignore the rather obvious and they are dragging up all sorts of things to avoid this obvious problem. We see it here on Redscape, the incredible ignorance when it comes to Muslim Extremists ("Extremists" being the key word).

Who can deny this small group is and has been responsible for more terrorism than any other group?
when pressed about this being too narrow a focus, King replied:
"Eric Holder is not saying he's staying awake at night because of what's coming from anti-abortion demonstrators or coming from environmental extremists or from Neo-Nazis. It's the radicalization right now in the Muslim community,"
and he's of course correct.
Also, lets not ignore the countries first elected Muslim to Congress, Democrat Keith Ellison plans to attend. He agrees in part and plans on speaking his mind though he has no problem with starting such an investigation:
"It's absolutely the right thing to do for the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee to investigate radicalization. But to say we're going to investigate a -- a religious minority, and a particular one, I think is the wrong course of action to take,"

The blindingly obvious is some sort of a no-no to discuss, so they drag up these non-issues regarding his past. Granted, he has a history but look at the facts, look at what is being discussed and concentrate on the issue not on his past, if that past colors his views on the present, please do speak up about that, then it is quite relevant. The question is WHY? Why is this investigation wrong? Explain why this is wrong and you have a point, explaining he was a bad guy has little to no bearing on the issue at hand.
Emissary

Post 09 Mar 2011, 1:15 pm

Tom, the guy counts convicted terrorists as his personal friends. He's a rank hypocrite of the worst kind and so whatever he comes out with from this hearing is totally discredited. How can he keep a straight face while berating the Muslim community for not tackling extremism when he has a track record of openly fundraising for murderers ? What the hell is he supposed to say to them exactly ? Do as I say but not as I do ?

Post 09 Mar 2011, 2:39 pm

Tom, the government is already spending billions on counter-intelligence targeted at the Muslim community, arrests and/or inquiries are made on a daily basis. It's Congress' role to provide oversight to these activities. Let them conduct a inquiry to that end and make adjustments as needed.

It's not acceptable for someone who has given material support to a foreign terrorist organization to be overseeing Homeland Security. How could he even get a security clearance to have a job in Homeland Security? No one with loyalties outside the US should be chairing anything.