Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 03 Mar 2011, 7:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NutFkykjmbM&feature=player_embedded

What can you even say about such seething hatred?
Ambassador

Post 04 Mar 2011, 5:40 am

Thanks. Very scary.

They've disabled the add comment section of the video.
Administrator

Post 04 Mar 2011, 10:46 am

I can't view the video (I think we recently blocked youtube here at work)
So I freely admit to talking out of my ass here,
I have no clue if this is about hatred on the part of the Tea party or against the tea party. Whatever the case, there is plenty of hatred to go around on BOTH sides! But the "Hatred" you speak of is getting increasingly more worrisome, it has grown on both sides equally and is getting close to a flash point!
Dignitary

Post 04 Mar 2011, 10:55 am

Tom,

It is a video of demostrators outside of a some event being held by an Islamic organization. The demostrators are all waiving American flags and chanting things like "USA, USA, USA...", "Go Home" & "Go back to where you came from."
Administrator

Post 04 Mar 2011, 11:21 am

Are they actual Tea party people? Or is it assumed so?
One of the reasons why I find supporting them so difficult while I do appreciate "most" of their aims is the element they have attracted, these extremists (and I can't stand extremists of any sort) have latched on and give a decent idea a real black eye. But the whole anti-Bush group were also incredibly awful as are some of these extremists that oppose the tea party
...flash point I tell you!

I have no room for such ignorant jerks as these, regardless of what other issues we may agree on.
Dignitary

Post 04 Mar 2011, 11:36 am

GMTom wrote:Are they actual Tea party people? Or is it assumed so?

I am not sure. The beginning of the video said the demonstration was held but a coalition of far right groups like...and they named a local tea party, an individual Rabbi a conservative action group and a few others. I did not see anything in the video to confirm this. However, I only watched about 2 minutes of the 6 minute video so there could be something later on that I did not see.

Post 04 Mar 2011, 11:41 am

Having watched the video, I would have to say that the people there need a good dose of talking to. I would get in their face and explain that racism is NOT the way to affect others opinions in a positive way. People like that are doing a NEGATIVE service to the Tea Party movement.

Fortunately, only a few rallies are like that. In fact, this is the only one I have heard of.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 04 Mar 2011, 12:32 pm

RUFFHAUS 8 wrote:As Judge Schmales would say, "Don't you people have homes?"

Or maybe "Don't you people have appointments with your cosmetic surgeons?"

It is the OC!
Ambassador

Post 05 Mar 2011, 2:55 am

Archduke Russell John wrote:
GMTom wrote:Are they actual Tea party people? Or is it assumed so?

I am not sure. The beginning of the video said the demonstration was held but a coalition of far right groups like...and they named a local tea party, an individual Rabbi a conservative action group and a few others. I did not see anything in the video to confirm this. However, I only watched about 2 minutes of the 6 minute video so there could be something later on that I did not see.
The video also features excerpts from speeches made at an event (it purports to be the same one, looks like earlier in the day if it is), given by the a local councilwoman (Deborah Pauly), and two Congressmen (Ed Royce and Gary Miller). All three are Republicans, but I don't know if they are TP backed.

I watched the thing to the end. I guess the protesters didn't get the irony of shouting at a guy telling him he was a wife beater outside a fundraiser for women's shelters.
Ambassador

Post 05 Mar 2011, 2:56 am

GMTom wrote:I can't view the video (I think we recently blocked youtube here at work)
So I freely admit to talking out of my ass here,
I have no clue if this is about hatred on the part of the Tea party or against the tea party. Whatever the case, there is plenty of hatred to go around on BOTH sides! But the "Hatred" you speak of is getting increasingly more worrisome, it has grown on both sides equally and is getting close to a flash point!
But according to you, the Left are worse.

Right?
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 05 Mar 2011, 10:50 am

danivon wrote:All three are Republicans, but I don't know if they are TP backed.

These people are the hyper reactionary right. TP isn't a terribly specific group.

Very unfortunate that the female politician equated these people to the ones her Marine son and colleagues were/are killing? This* may be something akin to incitement to violence. I suspect nothing that could be prosecuted mind you, but certainly much worse that the political ire that had been aimed at Giffords.

It's a good reminder to all of us of the dangers of trying to sanctify the violence and enmity in our humanity.

Post 05 Mar 2011, 1:34 pm

Neal Anderth wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NutFkykjmbM&feature=player_embedded

What can you even say about such seething hatred?

What can I say? Well, I would say this: be very careful about drawing conclusions from a massively edited presentation, especially when it is edited by someone with a dog in the fight. In this case, do you even know who posted the video?

It's CAIR Los Angeles.
Administrator

Post 05 Mar 2011, 1:52 pm

This happened about 20 minutes drive from where I live. Nice to see the "Orange Curtain" (as we secretly call it down here) has finally manifested itself.

I see CAIR took great "care" to employ terrorism on the children walking into the meeting. Also, CAIR's shipment of white sheets seems to be on back order?
Ambassador

Post 05 Mar 2011, 2:38 pm

GMChad wrote:I see CAIR took great "care" to employ terrorism on the children walking into the meeting. Also, CAIR's shipment of white sheets seems to be on back order?

I think it is fine to say there is prejudice against Muslims in the US. I think it is fine to say there is ignorance of islam. These are true to some extent.

However, it is important to remember CAIR is not the equivalent of the Boy Scouts or the Red Cross. They are a propaganda outfit occasionally involved in worse than propaganda. If you'd like to debate the workings of CAIR, I'm willing.
Administrator

Post 05 Mar 2011, 4:01 pm

But according to you, the Left are worse.

...quite childish, was I not critical of both sides?

If you insist on this line of questioning,
as a matter of fact I [b]do[//b] think the left is generally worse! This particular example is what is being discussed and I have no problem admitting the right has their fair share of whackos as well. I am sticking to the issue at hand thank you and this group gives the TP a bad name, no doubt