Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 10 Apr 2011, 7:42 pm

I guess we are talking about Mississppi. I'll concede that's not much to go on.
Administrator

Post 10 Apr 2011, 8:46 pm

I would say the posting was more an attempt at dishonesty, but he just sort of stated that he didn't seem to notice that. The poll itself may very well be a bit dishonest as well, why such a narrow poll (by a Democratic group) is made and published seems to be an attempt at alarmism regardless of them pointing out the specifics (limited specifics at that, I had to dig a bit to find it was only 400 people)
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 11 Apr 2011, 12:16 am

GMTom wrote:...I had to dig a bit to find it was only 400 people)

You had to click the link and read the first part that popped up.
Administrator

Post 11 Apr 2011, 5:34 am

It was not stated in the article itself and required a click or two, not hidden by any means but not exactly forthcoming in their attempt to discredit Republicans. To suggest this is an evenhanded and fair story is still a stretch.
Statesman

Post 11 Apr 2011, 6:25 am

The poll is accurate within 5.9 percentage points, 95% of the time. Thats the basic stats math.

Whether or not the polling firm has any political leanings shouldn't matter. What matters is the questionnare and methodology of questioning. It was a telephone survey, which is standard for most of the polling today. Further it ws a live telephone intereview which is far better than the robo calling that a few organizations use.

However it says "interviewed 400 usual republican primary voters." It doesn't show a question that determines whether they voted or not and the wording indicates they had access to a database that predetermined this. But doesn't say what, how etc. . If that database was accurate then its a great poll of Missiissppi primary voters. But we don't know that.
. On the other hand what percentage of people who think interracial marriage is acceptable would indicate a tolerant group pf people?
Which is Neal's point.
Ambassador

Post 11 Apr 2011, 6:49 am

Not to pile on, but my first thought was, "Is this the Huffpo?" So, I looked--aolnews, which not so long ago merged with . . . huffpo. Small sample, historically racially problematic area, biased journalism--can't really take this too seriously.

Of course, Ricky does. Then again, Ricky believes anything that paints conservatives as racist, homophobic, environment-hating warmongers who would like to starve children and push grandma off a cliff.
Administrator

Post 11 Apr 2011, 7:15 am

And if I were to take a poll of some liberal issue (Gay marriage?) and poll only 400 from San Francisco, would I then be right to let others believe this is how all Democrats think, all California Democrats? Biased polling plain and simple