Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 25 Feb 2011, 2:20 pm

Love it!
http://www.hulu.com/watch/219097/the-co ... -wikileaks
Ambassador

Post 25 Feb 2011, 2:47 pm

Well, and more than a little bit scary--not the government inefficiency bit, but that a hacker/hackers can do all of that to someone who is supposed to know something. It's got me thinking about moving to a cabin and disconnecting from the world . . .

wait, that can't end well.
Emissary

Post 25 Feb 2011, 3:01 pm

I can't view that video here so I have no idea what you're talking about.

While we're on the subject of Julian Assange though, does anybody else think it's quite amusing that the story of his big extradition hearing has been driven off the front pages by the recent events in Libya ? It's barely attracted more than a footnote in the mainstream press, which he must find incredibly galling....
Administrator

Post 25 Feb 2011, 5:34 pm

I agree that it IS a bit scary how hackers could pull off that off against a purported anti-hacker firm.

As to the front page news, nothing novel to media game: If it bleeds, it leads.
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 25 Feb 2011, 5:54 pm

These people are changing the world.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... us+tunisia

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourc ... mous+eygpt
Administrator

Post 25 Feb 2011, 6:00 pm

:uhoh: Crazy!!!
Dignitary

Post 26 Feb 2011, 8:03 am

Fantastic. Thanks for posting it.
Ambassador

Post 28 Feb 2011, 3:07 pm

Sassenach wrote:I can't view that video here so I have no idea what you're talking about.

While we're on the subject of Julian Assange though, does anybody else think it's quite amusing that the story of his big extradition hearing has been driven off the front pages by the recent events in Libya ? It's barely attracted more than a footnote in the mainstream press, which he must find incredibly galling....
Not that Assange is in any way egotistical...

It was interesting that one of the arguments I heard used - that the extradition to Sweden would make it easier for the US to extradite him - is totally rubbish. A condition of our extradition is that any onward extradition would have to be approved by the UK. So two legal systems would need to allow it.

If the US wanted to do a kidnap job, they know where he's living now. It's all a smoke screen.

I am having trouble with the video too, so I can't really comment on the hacking thing, other than to say it's always been very scary what some people can do with little holes in IT security (which is why I'm annoying people at work who want to release a website which has glaring holes in the security set up)