Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 07 May 2020, 8:52 am

geojanes wrote:The Gov of NYS just announced that 21% of adult NYC residents sampled have Covid-19 antibodies. I was sick as a dog in early Feb.

How do I get myself a test?? I want to go out and breath the air! Feel the sun!

Well, I got my test and I never had it. So disappointed.
Adjutant

Post 08 May 2020, 11:29 am

Another meeting of the Rejected by Covid support group...

Support Group Leader: "So we're here to discuss our feelings about being rejected by the virus. George (sees his nametag), why dont you start..."

George: "Well, I got really sick in maybe early Feburary? I felt sure I had it. All I needed was to get tested for antibodies and I would be free again! Then I get the test back: negative. Why did this happen to me..."

Leader: "Don't take it so personal, George. I'm sure the virus does love you....how 'bout you Bob?

Bob: "I keep checking my temperature several times a day..does that little tickle in my throat mean anything? I'll get my hopes up after a sneeze...but nothing. What, my lung tissue is not good enough for you, COVID? I feel so rejected..."

Leader: "It's not personal, Bob. I'm sure your lung tissue is just as good as anyone else's...how 'bout you Larry?

Larry: "I feel feel like this virus is prejudiced against me. It's favoring minority groups at my expense. Yeah, racism used to be a problem but it aint no more...why should I have to suffer for what happened in the past?

Leader: "Sometimes, we have to sacrifice for the greater good, Larry. Try not to be selfish about this. How 'bout' you, Bill?"

Bill: "After our great leader Trump said that bleach could kill the virus I stocked up on a lot of household cleaning products in the hopes of getting the virus...but I am still negative. What I am supposed to do with all those cleaners? I aint cleaning the apartment, no way! I didnt get it for that. I dont care what the girlfriend says! So I am now stuck with stuff I cant use..."

Leader: "Sounds like you have more problems than the virus...how 'bout you Tyler?

Tyler Durden: "I'm a tourist. Just auditing. But isnt it time for a group hug, now? So we can deal with the pain? I could use a good cry right now..."

Leader: "Yes, what a great idea! We all need to learn to love the virus! Hug it out, everyone...
Dignitary

Post 09 May 2020, 4:24 pm

Yeah, you can laugh, but having the antibodies would have been like getting paroled. Quarantine sucks.
Adjutant

Post 09 May 2020, 5:14 pm

I know, George. Just trying to lighten things up, wasnt trying to poke fun. It sucks for everyone and a get out of jail card would be priceless.
Adjutant

Post 11 May 2020, 1:12 pm

RJ found this great article on virus tranmission that I think it is important to read. I have been sending it out to everyone I know...all two of them. :grin:

Anyway, it is very well-reasoned. And I am getting it out to as many people as I can. Thanks, RJ!

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-ri ... MvUwxgXzPt
Adjutant

Post 19 May 2020, 2:56 am

Back in the Insane Asylum...

Trump: "So Pence did you hear what James Wood said about me today? He said I was a rough guy, vain, insensitive but no president has loved their country more in his lifetime"
Pence: "That's good, right?"
Trump: "Absolutely! He's saying that I am a tough guy and patriotic!"
Pence: "He's right, Mr. President."
Trump: "Yeah, great guy. Terrific actor. Finding someone in Hollywood that supports me is like finding a virgin in a brothel...but I got one! And I do love my country...that's why I want to sell it to the Russians."
Pence: "Of course. So...did you test positive for COVID?"
Trump: "No, but I am positive youre an idiot!"
Pence: "Well...it did seem odd that you be taking it...if youre not sick."
Trump: "Yes, it would be odd if I were taking it. But if people think I am taking it, maybe they'll take it. And who knows it might even work! And then I'll get the credit for saving the country..."
Pence: "Gotcha. Uh, so I dont have to wear a mask?"
Trump: "Youre starting to remind me of Jared...anyway, real men dont wear masks. Although, some women look kind of hot in them..."
Pence: "I'm married...I'm not allowed to notice that."
Trump: "Sorry, I forgot for a minute that youre a crazy religious nut..."
Pence: "No problem. Between Lysol and Hydro...arent you worried about killing off your base?"
Trump. "These people are salt of the earth. Theyre tough people...great people. Anyway,they just need to survive until the first week of November. So...how is the reopening going?"
Pence: "It's going wonderful so far. With your great leadership we will prevail over this virus and our economy will be back to being the best economy this country has ever had!"
Trump: "Wow. Your butt-kissing...is very impressive! I dont think we've seen anything like it before. It's really quite amazing..."
Pence: "Thank you, sir!"
Trump: "'How is our testing...not going?"
Pence: "Just say No...and we'll beat Joe!"
Trump: "Yes. The only good test...is the one not given. Anything else going on in this...in this great country of ours?
Pence: "The Fake News Media is complaining about your massacre of the inspector generals..."
Trump: First, they were appointed by Obama. Not good. Secondly, they did the one thing they're not supposed to do..."
Pence: "What's that?"
Trump: "Inspect."
Pence: "'How dare they! The Deep State strikes again..."
Adjutant

Post 23 May 2020, 12:51 pm

Interesting article on the failures of New York City and the state of New York in responding to the pandemic.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ec0 ... 56749beb48
Dignitary

Post 24 May 2020, 9:25 am

freeman3 wrote:Interesting article on the failures of New York City and the state of New York in responding to the pandemic.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ec0 ... 56749beb48

The political response to CV in NY has been a disaster. The politicians needed to be the focus of the spotlight, even when this is not what they do, or know anything about. I recall on March 27, deBlasio was on the radio, and he scolded the interviewer that CV could only be spread by people who had symptoms when the interviewer suggested otherwise. Even I knew asymptomatic people could pass it to others by March 27.

Cuomo has been a better leader, but he's also been just as wrong and deBlasio, if not more so. Both of these guys run their dominions like they are kings, people can't talk to them, and neither has any humility. When asked what he would have done differently, deBlasio went not quite full Trump, but almost, by refusing any self-reflection, insisting only only looking forward.

It's all been so disappointing, and tragically so.
Adjutant

Post 24 May 2020, 11:26 am

Interesting. Thanks. You have a closer view of what happened there than the rest of us. It really is impossible for a politician to admit fault, isnt it?
Adjutant

Post 24 May 2020, 11:42 am

Of course the worst rot was at the top. No real mobilizing of federal resources to produce adequate supplies of PPE and adequate number of tests. Downplaying the threat of the viru, slow to limit flights from Europe, slow to advise shut-downs, the president not wanting to wear a mask because his base would think it makes him look weak. And not producing masks for people, instead relying on homemade masks. How hard is to test different masks, find the one(s) that best filter particles...and then mass produce them? No, we let people do their masks--bandanas only filter like 10% of particles and are essentially useless