Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
User avatar
Administrator
 
Posts: 6856
Joined: 26 Jun 2000, 1:13 pm

Post 12 Mar 2018, 12:38 pm

Exactly why I posted my long list of drivel...

If we are wearing ruby red slippers and wishing, why not post more fantasy!
User avatar
Statesman
 
Posts: 10979
Joined: 15 Aug 2000, 8:59 am

Post 12 Mar 2018, 5:37 pm

After the 16 allegations of sexual misconduct and the Stormy Daniels blow by blow ... don't you think he's more than morally capable of engaging in a pee party with Russian hookers?

Don't you think he's capable of engaging in money laundering of Russian Oligarchs money in his real estate ventures?

I mean what about the man says to you, "Nah, this kind of behaviour he'd never engage in ..."

http://time.com/5058646/donald-trump-accusers/
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 21061
Joined: 15 Jun 2002, 6:53 am

Post 12 Mar 2018, 10:35 pm

rickyp wrote:After the 16 allegations of sexual misconduct and the Stormy Daniels blow by blow ... don't you think he's more than morally capable of engaging in a pee party with Russian hookers?

Don't you think he's capable of engaging in money laundering of Russian Oligarchs money in his real estate ventures?

I mean what about the man says to you, "Nah, this kind of behaviour he'd never engage in ..."

http://time.com/5058646/donald-trump-accusers/


Um, no. Here’s what YOU said:

Since much of the information in the dossier has already been corroborated . . .


“Corroborated” does not mean “capable” of doing something.

Go back to school.
User avatar
Statesman
 
Posts: 10979
Joined: 15 Aug 2000, 8:59 am

Post 13 Mar 2018, 1:22 pm

Fate
Corroborated” does not mean “capable” of doing something


well yes I know. And I've stated clearly that Steeles dossier was only partly corroborated. At least from publicly available sources. Not sure what Mueller has.

I was simply wondering why you and bbauska are so adamant, fierce even, in your defence of Trump.
It seems as if you think he isn't possible of the conduct alleged in the dossier.
Will you actually be surprised if :
1) Mueller offers proof that Trump conducted himself in such a way as to provide Putins cronies with kompromat?
2) Mueller indicts Trump or Trump Jr. or Jared Kushner for either money laundering and or tax evasion?
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 21061
Joined: 15 Jun 2002, 6:53 am

Post 13 Mar 2018, 3:25 pm

rickyp wrote:Fate
Corroborated” does not mean “capable” of doing something


well yes I know. And I've stated clearly that Steeles dossier was only partly corroborated. At least from publicly available sources. Not sure what Mueller has.

I was simply wondering why you and bbauska are so adamant, fierce even, in your defence of Trump.
It seems as if you think he isn't possible of the conduct alleged in the dossier.
Will you actually be surprised if :
1) Mueller offers proof that Trump conducted himself in such a way as to provide Putins cronies with kompromat?
2) Mueller indicts Trump or Trump Jr. or Jared Kushner for either money laundering and or tax evasion?


Just tell the truth. You said:

[quote=“rickyp”]Since much of the information in the dossier has already been corroborated . . .[/quote]

“Much” is not the same as “partly.” In fact, “partly” is a dishonest attempt to minimize what you said.

The former FBI director said it was “salacious and unverified.”
User avatar
Administrator
 
Posts: 6856
Joined: 26 Jun 2000, 1:13 pm

Post 13 Mar 2018, 3:54 pm

I defend him not! I personally would love to see his step down and Pence become President. That being said, I would love to see your answer on the House Intel committee results of the investigation.

What did they find?

It seems to me that you are incapable of a non-biased perspective on the current president. Therefore; your words, links, and perspective all come with that stench of bias, and must be judged as such.

I would not be surprised in the least if Trump was found guilty. I answered your questions. Answer mine.
User avatar
Statesman
 
Posts: 10979
Joined: 15 Aug 2000, 8:59 am

Post 14 Mar 2018, 2:14 pm

Fate
The former FBI director said it was “salacious and unverified.”

yes. The pee tapes part.
However the dates of Trumps stay at the hotel noted in Steels report , and the room were verified. It was also verified by Trumps body guard that Trump had been offered hookers by his Russian friends, but turned them down.
(Maybe he was being true to Stormy?)
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 21061
Joined: 15 Jun 2002, 6:53 am

Post 14 Mar 2018, 3:48 pm

rickyp wrote:Fate
The former FBI director said it was “salacious and unverified.”

yes. The pee tapes part.
However the dates of Trumps stay at the hotel noted in Steels report , and the room were verified. It was also verified by Trumps body guard that Trump had been offered hookers by his Russian friends, but turned them down.
(Maybe he was being true to Stormy?)


Says you.

In any event, it’s a long bridge from there to “collusion.”

Good luck!
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 21061
Joined: 15 Jun 2002, 6:53 am

Post 15 Mar 2018, 5:03 pm

rickyp wrote:Fate
The former FBI director said it was “salacious and unverified.”

yes. The pee tapes part.
However the dates of Trumps stay at the hotel noted in Steels report , and the room were verified. It was also verified by Trumps body guard that Trump had been offered hookers by his Russian friends, but turned them down.
(Maybe he was being true to Stormy?)


Your conclusions are as dumb as those of Corn and Issikoff. http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... howers.php

What has been done by Trump's enemies is they've taken his character, weaved in a few facts (he stayed in this hotel on that date, etc.) and spun a tale which is horrifying, but not grounded in fact.
User avatar
Dignitary
 
Posts: 488
Joined: 26 Sep 2006, 10:19 am

Post 16 Mar 2018, 8:45 am

That being said, I would love to see your answer on the House Intel committee results of the investigation.

What did they find?


I know I am not rickyp, but given that they have said that they have found no evidence that Russia helped Trump, despite the preponderance of evidence that is available, I personally don't care what they say. They are clearly compromised (I mean, it is led by "Recusal Take-backsies" Nunes, who instantly lost all credibility when he reversed his recursion, and even the other republicans on the committee are saying that the conclusions that the House Intel committee have gotten to are incorrect (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... d2621b03e0).)

It is absolutely amazing to me that Republicans still have support, given that they entire Republican leadership is treasonous to the United States, and are keeping a traitor in power. Trump is clearly compromised by Russia, and given what we already know about Trump, the kompromat must be pretty @#$! bad or he just wouldn't care.
User avatar
Administrator
 
Posts: 6856
Joined: 26 Jun 2000, 1:13 pm

Post 16 Mar 2018, 9:30 am

Diemo,
Thank you, and welcome back! Haven't seen you here much.

RickyP fails to answer, but you do. Full marks to you.

As for Trump support, I have said before, I would love to see him resign or impeached/removed and Mike Pence in office. I much prefer him.
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 21061
Joined: 15 Jun 2002, 6:53 am

Post 16 Mar 2018, 11:00 am

Diemo wrote:
That being said, I would love to see your answer on the House Intel committee results of the investigation.

What did they find?


I know I am not rickyp, but given that they have said that they have found no evidence that Russia helped Trump, despite the preponderance of evidence that is available, I personally don't care what they say. They are clearly compromised (I mean, it is led by "Recusal Take-backsies" Nunes, who instantly lost all credibility when he reversed his recursion, and even the other republicans on the committee are saying that the conclusions that the House Intel committee have gotten to are incorrect (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... d2621b03e0).)

It is absolutely amazing to me that Republicans still have support, given that they entire Republican leadership is treasonous to the United States, and are keeping a traitor in power. Trump is clearly compromised by Russia, and given what we already know about Trump, the kompromat must be pretty @#$! bad or he just wouldn't care.


From your article:

. . . Gowdy said he agrees with the rest of his committee's findings (most notably that there was no evidence of collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia), Gowdy has parted with Republicans on (whether the Russians wanted Trump to win)."


It's not a "big deal."

Putin hates Hillary. So what? She interfered in his election. That's why he hates her.

That says nothing about collusion. That says nothing about "treason."

You're barking mad.

Oh, and thanks for joining the conversation. :laugh:
User avatar
Adjutant
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: 17 May 2013, 3:32 pm

Post 16 Mar 2018, 2:26 pm

Right on target, Diemo. Right on target. Republicans are rationalizing someone who is doing something for Russia in return for furthering his own interests. Republicans rationalize their behavior because they are in a better position to get their policies furthered under Trump than with a Democratic president. Russia is trying to hack into our nuclear power plants and, eh, no big deal.

Russia has basically declared a cyber/cold war against us and we have a president because as you say has been compromised (collusion, money laundering, business deals in Russia--all of the above) won't do anything about it. And Republicans defend him.

Unbelievable.
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 21061
Joined: 15 Jun 2002, 6:53 am

Post 16 Mar 2018, 3:01 pm

freeman3 wrote:Right on target, Diemo. Right on target. Republicans are rationalizing someone who is doing something for Russia in return for furthering his own interests. Republicans rationalize their behavior because they are in a better position to get their policies furthered under Trump than with a Democratic president. Russia is trying to hack into our nuclear power plants and, eh, no big deal.

Russia has basically declared a cyber/cold war against us and we have a president because as you say has been compromised (collusion, money laundering, business deals in Russia--all of the above) won't do anything about it. And Republicans defend him.

Unbelievable.

Speaking of barking mad . . .

We had a Democratic President who was aware of Russian activity and did nothing . . . until after the election. No sense in rocking the boat until his girl lost after all.
User avatar
Adjutant
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: 17 May 2013, 3:32 pm

Post 16 Mar 2018, 9:35 pm

Bad policy is not the same as treating a foreign country extremely favorably in order to further one's own political and financial interests.

We'll see who is howling at the moon in 8 months with Republicans crushed for putting a clown in the White House whose major foreign policy goal is to help out Russia as much as he can.