Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 10 Jul 2021, 9:00 pm

Please post comments here.
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 10 Jul 2021, 10:14 pm

I was definitely "on Tilt" for the whole race. I was a bit stressed with moving and getting to my "cockpit" exactly at race time. Sorry for my timing, by the way. I believe I had my elbows out early and often, and I apologize if it was too much for anyone. Driving in Atlanta traffic will do that to ya'.

I had a plan, albeit not well-thought-out, nor overly tested. Took a chance early which I thought would give me more of an advantage, but completely did not. Just used resources I would need later.

For an underbuilt car to work, there has to be the ability to push early and get a lead, hope other cars waste resources battling each other, and hold on for dear life. Robert and Chris kept the pressure on which pretty much sealed the deal. Finally I decided to see if I could hold back and pick up some slips, save wear and make a run at the end. That didn't really work either.

Other than my abysmal finish, the race was fun. I enjoyed the banter and it was a lively race, especially in some of those tight corners. The last corner especially. A lot of action there.

Congrats to the winner Robert and the rest of the podium. Great job.

- Stephen
Dirt Track Racer (Pro I)

Post 11 Jul 2021, 5:24 am

Crazy end there. Was sure entertaining.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 11 Jul 2021, 7:51 pm

Pre-race: I looked for a line to run from the back and thought I found a decent one. The reveal showed three other drivers had apparently found the same line... ha!

Lap 1: As is typical, I was thrown off my race plan within the first half-lap. Really my own fault, though - I ran the mid-section poorly and was envious of James' efficient set of moves. The mis-plot at the end of the lap was demoralizing but I was determined to not come in last. I've think I've done this with TTS about three times now and should really get in the habit of double checking my plot. Sigh.

Lap 2: The boxcars on my engine check (T15) led to the mis-plot on the following turn (T16). If I had plotted 160, I would have saved a couple of wear down the road but I was totally discombobulated. Man, my race was a complete mess!

Lap 3: At least I finished the race... and beat Stephen!

I liked this track. I think it can be won from the back but you can't wait too long to get through traffic, as proven by James. Navigating the mid-section efficiently is important but not easy to do with other cars around.

Even though I was not a factor after the first lap, I still had a great time with the race and banter. I'll see about setting another one of these up after the July 31 tourney is behind us.