Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 23 Mar 2021, 12:51 pm

Post 'em here...
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 24 Mar 2021, 8:22 pm

Painful race. Glad to be in second in the series after 3 races, but not feeling comfortable at all. With a 2nd, 2nd, and 3rd, I have very little room to move up.

Road America

Build - had too much wear (thought I would never say THAT). Key to my plan was finding open air. That was a problem all night.

Bid - Winning the roll-off for the 4-way tie made me feel optimistic after my low bid.

Early Race - Got successfully blocked by Renaud TWICE. I probably shouldn't have tried the first one, and I definitely shouldn't have tried the naked second one. Those two failures cost wear, cost skill and cost position. Couldn't afford that in this race. I was definitely on "Tilt", as shown by my lap counter failure and even one "Clear board" failure. Yikes!

Late Race - Finally got things in gear as others ran low on wear. Managed to get myself up to 2nd, then failed to take advantage of my advantage. Mistake on top of mistake. Congrats to Kevin for surviving the die rolls and taking advantage to grab 2nd.

Congrats to Rando for a well-run race to take the win. Nicely done.

As for me, I need 1st or 2nd for it to matter, so you know I'll be going all out in the next one. See you in Toronto!
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 25 Mar 2021, 12:57 pm

Congratulations Rando - great race!

My Achille's heel are the tracks with super long straights that reward the double slipstream. I think the car build was fine and even the start position was workable - I just ran a poor race. You MUST take advantage of those big slips to have a chance and I don't think I set up a single one. How many did Rando get, anyway? You cannot get me to Toronto fast enough.

That's all I have to say about that...