Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 Dec 2020, 2:36 pm

Post your comments here.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 Dec 2020, 3:43 pm

I had obviously planned on getting out near the front early. Some judicious use of slips, skill and wear could have kept me up front. Failing the first dice roll simply killed my entire race right then. The late spin didn't help either, but it's probable I would have finished last at that point anyway.

Congrats Kevin. Thanks Mike for running it. And thanks everyone for making these TTS races so enjoyable every time.
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 19 Dec 2020, 7:36 pm

TO my Podium Brothers, Kevin you ran a good Race, Congratulations on the Win, and to Rondo
you must like starting from the Back, Good work on your second place finish and your Patience
coming from the rear. I think I lucked out garbing third, I rode with Damaged Brakes for two laps,
but when you live by the dice you'll die by the dice, I know my Brakes cost me one position, maybe
two. And to all the other Racers it wouldn't have been a race without you. Thanks all and Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 20 Dec 2020, 8:39 am

Once more, thanks for letting me join you for the race. I feel like I'm learning more and more each time I take the track but I'm still a long way from being a threat to win.

My attempt to increase my start speed (failure) put me--essentially--one turn behind. I wanted to get through the first corner on turn 3 and I didn't get through it until turn 4. Then I made the decision to burn a lot of wear just to catch the back of the pack. From that point, at least I was able to hang around and race a few folks.

I discovered that I have a lot to learn about using a slip properly. That stood out to me as a real area of weakness.

Unlike the last time I raced with y'all, I didn't panic much. I think it's because I'm getting used to Table Top as well as the pace of racing "face-to-face" with this group.

If anyone has any words of wisdom, please feel free to send them my way.

Merry Christmas to all y'all!