Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 30 Apr 2012, 11:52 am

Maretinez will be gone in a few weeks. Admittedly, the fact that Redknapp is still at Spurs gives you a better chance, but it still seems very unlikely that he won't be snapped up by a bigger club. In fact if rumours I've been reading are true he may still end up at Spurs. I've heard that Redknapp has fallen out with a number of the senior players there.
Ambassador

Post 30 Apr 2012, 1:32 pm

So 'Arry is not quite so good at dealing with player egos after all, then? That is the argument that has been used to me (not on here) as to why Roy Hodgson is not up to the job and Redknapp should get it.
Emissary

Post 30 Apr 2012, 3:37 pm

Who knows ? It's a ridiculous argument either way though. What that's basically saying is that you have to be able to suck up to pampered primadonnas in order to be a successful England boss, which is a very depressing way to look at things. It's also nonsense of course. Fabio Capello has managed some of the biggest egos in football for years and years and he was a failure with England. If you have the right players and the right tactics then you'll be successful. England's problem has been that we don't have the players and normally haven't had the right tactics either. Capello probably did know what he was doing but the fact that he clearly doesn't speak English must have made it difficult to communicate it, especially since half the squad barely speak English either...
Ambassador

Post 14 Jul 2012, 1:38 am

Yeah, so sorry I didn't rush to post on a Friday night...

Terry hardly came out of this smelling of roses, and the FA can now complete their process. I'm not sure what I have to apologise for, given that you are still smearing Anton Ferdinand (who, despite your earlier assertion, also did not want a trial). I did not brand John Terry a racist. That is a particularly nasty smear that you have a habit of making about me. For a start, there's a difference between 'being a racist' and 'saying a racist thing.

Whatever the outcome of the case, it was right for Terry's captaincy to be suspended while it was going on. I'm not sure he should be reinstated as captain either, but that is now an option. But you still don't seem to grasp the difference between what employers do and criminal law. Covering up you ignorance with personal attacks on me (while pretending that you would never, ever stoop so low) is not going to impress me.
Emissary

Post 14 Jul 2012, 2:08 am

Terry wasn't exactly exonerated. The magistrate essentially just said that it was impossible to accurately determine who said what to whom and so the evidence wasn't strong enough for a criminal prosecution. It should never have come to this of course, the whole thing has been a monumental waste of public money and police time, but that's something to take up with the police, Crown Prosecution Service and ultimately the previous government, who passed the laws that were used to make this frivolous prosecution.

I still want to see Terry dropped from the England team. He played well in the Euros but he's now into his 30s, his pace has gone and it's all downhill from here. I also happen to think that he's a scumbag and a poor representative of the nation, and yesterday's acquittal doesn't really change that too much. It's not like he's such a good player that we have to accommodate him for the sake of the team, he's just a reasonably solid centre half who we can easily replace.