Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 10 May 2012, 6:14 pm

I can sort of agree with you Randy. However, I think they have some good players. Just nobody willing to finish with the shot. They played FC Schalke 04 in a friendly yesterday. They won 2-1 with 11 shots on goal. Of course they switched from a 4-5-1 in favor of a 4-3-3. Seems to have helped a little.
Dignitary

Post 11 May 2012, 10:33 am

Rumor has it that Raul may be moving to the Union.
Dignitary

Post 11 May 2012, 7:56 pm

Well, Raul is going to Qatar. Back to mediocrity... :no:
Emissary

Post 13 May 2012, 8:59 am

I hope you all just watched QPR - Man City. Because if you didn't, you really missed out.
Dignitary

Post 13 May 2012, 11:59 am

I watched part of it and saw the last goal. It was cool. I would definitely be pissed as a Man U supporter that it came down to GD. Actually, I am just happy the Gunner's finished in 3rd considering how bad they started the season.

Just finished watching the Union game. It was a major disappointment that it was a loss but they looked great. Over 15 shots on goal. I think Pajoy has the possibility of being the scoring striker because he looks like he keeps getting better. Once Mwanga gets enough confidence to take it to the goal, the team will really be scoring. Did you get to see the game Jeff? Wondering if you think there would be a different outcome without that bogus 2nd yellow that send Adu off.
Ambassador

Post 13 May 2012, 1:10 pm

Missed the City game. I was watching the scores come in but we had a lunch to go to. It was 2-1 and into injury time so I figured it was all over and Man-bloody-U had won again.

Five minutes later we walk into the bar and see City are champions. It's stuff like that thay makes you wonder if you are losing your mind.
Ambassador

Post 14 May 2012, 10:19 am

danivon wrote:Missed the City game. I was watching the scores come in but we had a lunch to go to. It was 2-1 and into injury time so I figured it was all over and Man-bloody-U had won again.

Five minutes later we walk into the bar and see City are champions. It's stuff like that thay makes you wonder if you are losing your mind.

It was actually kind of exciting. That's no small feat for "football" here in the States.
Statesman

Post 15 May 2012, 5:53 am

ruff
Ricky, if you're out there, tell us what's going on with Toronto

Now, this could refer to TFC, the Maple Leafs or the Raptors.... And increasingly the Blue Jays look to be sputtering in what was suppossed to be a playoff year ....
I think its a Kharma thing. Somewhere in a past life enough torontonians did something awful and are being rewarded with incompetent (on field) sports managers. Ironically they are all enormously profitable franchises. Especially the Leafs and they've been non-champions longer than Man City was....
Your right about Mo Johnson, Or so I'm told by my season ticket holdng friends. Winter seems to want to play a particular system that his players aren't suited for, especially his defenders. ... that and Frings has been injured a lot and is trying to influence the game beyond his current abilities. He's old and slow even though he has amazing vision and smarts. . I beleive all hope is now for another good run in the Champions league after winning the Canadian Championship (still need to beat Vancouver). good thing there's no relegation. (In all sports or Toronto wouldn't be in the top league in anything but Lacrosse....)

There is no better final day then the 10AM (here) kickoff in the EPL. I could not beleive that QPR were winning when I turned to that match. And when Barton was taken off in a straight jacket thought they would immediately crumble. Their second goal was a wonder! There was no more dramatic television then watching Ferguson and a shirtless Phil Jones receive the news that their 3 minute old claim to the title was now dashed.... Last year I went through the dramtic last minute saving of Wigans season.... I love the way the season ends with the at the moment standings flashing on the screen....
Dignitary

Post 15 May 2012, 11:53 am

rickyp wrote:Somewhere in a past life enough torontonians did something awful and are being rewarded with incompetent (on field) sports managers. Ironically they are all enormously profitable franchises.
As a Philadelphian born and raised, I feel for ya....;~}
Emissary

Post 16 May 2012, 1:16 pm

There were so many great storylines from the top to bottom this year. Wigan played beautiful football all year but looked destined for relegation. I'm glad to see them stay up. Everton had a fantastic season and finished above Liverpool. Swansea aka the Welsh Barcelona are just beautiful to watch and they've quickly become one of my favorite teams.

I root for Man City because I'm a bandwagonner and as a native Philadelphian I identified with their quest to end their title drought. This is kind of off topic but Russell we actually have really well run sports teams now although this is a recent developement. The Phillies are kind of dumb but at least they have the one title. The Eagles are incredibly well run, as are the Flyers. The sixers finally have a good coach and the new ownership group seems pretty smart.

When Aguero scored that goal is the loudest I've ever screamed for any sporting event. I was happier when the phillies won it but baseball isn't nearly as dramatic as that was. I kind of wish that Mancini would've told the media afterwards, "We have no chance to win the title." He definitely got the best of SAF in the mindgames department this season.
Dignitary

Post 16 May 2012, 1:36 pm

TheManInBlack wrote:This is kind of off topic but Russell we actually have really well run sports teams now although this is a recent developement. The Phillies are kind of dumb but at least they have the one title. The Eagles are incredibly well run, as are the Flyers. The sixers finally have a good coach and the new ownership group seems pretty smart.

I would agree yet they always seem to under perform. Though the Phils have gotten old and are on a decline while they realize it and start to bring along young talent.

Besides, to be a true Philadelphia fan you have to be hard on the opposing teams but even harder on your own. :wink:
Dignitary

Post 17 May 2012, 7:15 am

All I can say is wow. Can I start hating Peter Nowak without seeming like a typical Philadelphia fan yet? I am really, really trying to see the best and keep a positive attitude but it is becoming harder and harder. More allocation money? Is there a DP on the horizon for us soon?

Also, pick a freaking line and play it.
Emissary

Post 17 May 2012, 10:54 am

DROGBA!!!!
Dignitary

Post 17 May 2012, 1:28 pm

We got Michael Lahoud. I am not famaliar with him. Anybody have any info about him. Wikipedia says he is a midfielder so who is he replacing?
Dignitary

Post 19 May 2012, 5:38 pm

I'm hoping that there is a big move in store for the summer window (I'm talkin Drogba--no less). I'm hoping because this is getting beyond absurd, and I don't know what Nowak is doing. Granted, I don't believe Califf's departure will be disastrous for the Union starting backline. However, They have no room for injury. Moreover, with MacMath's concussion issue, that move may just have backfired on Nowak.

I think Piotr is trying to field a 0-10-0. Don't call him a revolutionary...