Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 28 Oct 2011, 12:02 pm

Beavis and Butthead are BACK!
After over a decade the bad boys of animation are back on the air. I watched the first of the new shows last night and was excited to see them again. I thought it was only so-so, some funny moments but fewer than I would have liked and it reminded me of the original ...too many misses. but the hits were wonderful.

It re-airs tonight and I think Saturday as well, I especially liked the second half where Beavis "cried". Anyone else see it? I thought it was funny, I got into my car after work on Thursday and the sports talk radio host was talking about how he was looking forward to TV that night, not because of the World Series (best game EVER by the way) but because B&B were back.
Emissary

Post 28 Oct 2011, 5:30 pm

Haven't watched, but here's a good article on Grantland about it:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/715 ... tt-head-me
Dignitary

Post 28 Oct 2011, 6:27 pm

Geez. I'll stop posting!
Ambassador

Post 30 Oct 2011, 8:05 pm

"I am the great Cornholio. I need T.P. for my bunghole!!!"

Ah, great TV moments in TV history...
Ambassador

Post 31 Oct 2011, 11:40 am

The tv show on MTV was hit-and-miss, especially the bits talking over the videos. The film was brilliant, but I think Mike Judge did a lot better with King of the Hill than B&B. I don't think it's come over this side of the pond yet, so I'll reserve judgement.
Administrator

Post 31 Oct 2011, 12:28 pm

I was never a fan of the video portion either!
But this new version while still has that aspect, is also adding talking over reality tv clips. The 1st show was not so great as far as that part goes BUT, I have seen clips that look very promising so I will give it another few episodes before I lose interest. So far I would grade it a "C", some of the clips seen would be graded a solid "A" but then those are clips only, this show tends to drag this stuff out far too long turning an A into a B-

...But hope springs eternal?
Ambassador

Post 31 Oct 2011, 1:17 pm

GMTom wrote:I was never a fan of the video portion either!
But this new version while still has that aspect, is also adding talking over reality tv clips.
A sad reflection of the state of MTV that even B&B involves more reality TV...

Did they forget what the 'M' stands for?