Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 17 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

Randy, your silence on the change of head coach has worried me. It made me wonder if you had been arrested for running naked through the streets in celebration. :uhoh:

I'm looking forward to the Klinsmann era. He's got a much better media presence than Bradley, and that's more important for US Soccer than one might realize. With only one game in it's really hard to evaluate him. But I have been pleased so far with the direction he may be going. I really want to see Brek Shea as a regular. I was unimpressed last year, but he's turned into a beast this year, and it's not fluke-ish like some of the other MLSers. He's got great tools and knows how to use them.

Give him a couple of years and he's EPL material
Ambassador

Post 17 Aug 2011, 4:11 pm

Why would Klinsmann move to the EPL? I can't see it somehow.
Dignitary

Post 17 Aug 2011, 7:03 pm

danivon wrote:Why would Klinsmann move to the EPL? I can't see it somehow.

I read Jeff's comments as Brek Shea moving to the EPL
Dignitary

Post 18 Aug 2011, 11:42 am

Sorry. The paragraph break made it confusing. I think Shea is going to be top league ready in a few years.

I was going to say that I was glad to see Clark get a call up. To me it said that Klinsmann was giving everyone a clean slate to prove themselves. Bradley's problem was that he held grudges--after trusting a player too long. To me, that's the coach's fault, not the player's. Whether Clark comes back is another issue. But I think that Jurgen is making some good statements so far.

I think we'll see more MLSers against Costa Rica and European players against Belgium. Given that the games are 4 days apart, it might not be feasible to play the same team in both games. So with no major tournaments coming up, I expect to see a wide range of lineups over the next year or so.
Administrator

Post 18 Aug 2011, 12:39 pm

I like how the US Mint has started to add more colors to American currency, it looks much nicer.
....Oh wait, I think I read the topic wrong?!
Dignitary

Post 18 Aug 2011, 1:47 pm

GMTom wrote:I like how the US Mint has started to add more colors to American currency, it looks much nicer.
....Oh wait, I think I read the topic wrong?!

No worries, when I first saw the topic heading I started asking when did the United States get Mutant Ninja Turtles :grin:
Dignitary

Post 31 Aug 2011, 5:53 pm

I think the MLS players are going to play against Costa Rica, and the Europe based players are going to go against Belgium.

I like the addition of Pontius. I think he deserves a chance to prove he can be a us mutant ninja turtle.