Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 27 Jul 2011, 3:06 pm

I believe South Park on a couple of occasions has referred to an interest in Kraft Dinner among Canadians. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyW-0_QHY8k

Is there anything to this reference Canadian friends?
Administrator

Post 27 Jul 2011, 5:55 pm

My knowledge of Canadian "cuisine" is as follows

Tim Hortons
This is a coffee shop chain that can be found on every corner of every intersection in every town in Canada. Canadians seem to love their crappy coffee and "Timbits" (donut holes)

Caribou
My neighbor is from Montreal, he mixes this for us during neighborhood get togethers. Whisky, Red Wine (often Port) and Maple Syrup. Egads it tastes horrible but gets a buzz on oh-so-fast!

Clamato
Maybe the most discusting drink I ever heard of, it's made locally here outside Rochester NY. My neighbor works for the company making it and she tells me it's sold almost exclusively in Canada and they seem to love it. A mixture of tomatoe and clam juice. And remember, Rochester is nowhere near the ocean, so you have old crappy clams mixed with tomato juice, yuchhhh

Beer
The one thing Canadians do incredibly well, they do many things well, but nothing better than their beer! They love it, so do i!

Post 29 Jul 2011, 11:35 pm

Tom, I think Matt Stone could lift that for a whole episode.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 02 Aug 2011, 8:36 pm

Don't knock Clamato - every try it in your Bloody Mary?
Administrator

Post 03 Aug 2011, 1:06 am

I didn't know Kraft was a Philip Morris product. Doesn't mean much unless you're boycotting cigarette companies.
Ambassador

Post 28 Sep 2011, 3:43 pm

As far as I can tell, "Kraft Dinner" is nothing more than what we call "Mac and Cheese" (Macaroni and Cheese).

Post 23 Nov 2011, 4:14 pm

A fellow Redscaper pointed me to this Pat Robertson video suggesting the Mac & Cheese is a staple of Holiday dinners for blacks.

Post 27 Nov 2011, 6:06 pm

MOBILE, AL— After years of eating regular Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, the Conroy family upgraded Monday to the higher-end Velveeta Shells & Cheese. "We've finally arrived," said wife Beverly Conroy while serving up a heaping bowl of the delicacy, made possible by husband Corey's 35-cent raise at the local tile factory. "It's nothing but the finest processed instant foods for us from now on." Pending sensible budgeting, the family hopes to move up from Hydrox cookies to Oreos by August.
Emissary

Post 02 Dec 2011, 9:46 am

We had a long thread on the virtue (and lack thereof) of poutine in one of the earlier incarnations of Redscape. Let it suffice to say that opinions were sharply divided (I came down on the side of absolute revulsion, btw).
Ambassador

Post 08 Dec 2011, 3:59 pm

Tim Hortons
GMTom wrote:Tim Hortons
This is a coffee shop chain that can be found on every corner of every intersection in every town in Canada. Canadians seem to love their crappy coffee and "Timbits" (donut holes)

For the most part Timbits are cholesterol rich sugar sweet products that I try and stay away from...except for one flavour...I don’t remember the name. It’s not the Dutchie, or the Old Fashioned, or Chocolate. I think it may be the sour cream glaze.

I’m not much of a coffee drinker. I think I’ve only had coffee at TimHortons four times in total. I wonder if Tassimo will cut into the brisk coffee business.

Poutine
Machiavelli wrote:We had a long thread on the virtue (and lack thereof) of poutine in one of the earlier incarnations of Redscape. Let it suffice to say that opinions were sharply divided (I came down on the side of absolute revulsion, btw).

I'm travelling to Quebec in the new year so I'll definitely have to try "authentic" poutine and report back on the findings.

Kraft Dinner
As for the topic of this forum--Kraft Dinner--I really don't like Kraft Dinner.
The wikipedia entry on Kraft Dinner mentions: "In Canada, Kraft Dinner has iconic status and is associated with young adults ... living away from home for the first time" I promise that while I'm in Gatineau on my own, I will not eat Kraft Dinner.
Ambassador

Post 11 Dec 2011, 4:59 am

GMTom wrote:Tim Hortons

There are Tim Hortons coffee shops all over Michigan too, and most people I know who grew up in Michigan love them and the Timbits too. I've lived in Michigan for 5 years now, but I've never steped inside a Tim Hortons. Of course, I don't drink coffee either. <Hah! As I am writing this there is a Tim Hortons commercial on TV!> But I do like the Timbits other people bring to work! :)