Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 03 Nov 2016, 10:51 am

I'm a baseball fan but I don't usually watch the World Series unless I'm invested in the teams. I watched this one mostly because my wife is from Chicago.

Am I ever glad I did. IT WAS THE BEST GAME EVER!

This one had a little bit of everything: Great plays, terrible plays, wild pitches, passed balls, home runs, late inning comebacks, extra inning heroics, and even a rain delay. Give it an overlay of history for either team winning and... wow!

Come on 2017, I'm ready for more baseball!
Adjutant

Post 03 Nov 2016, 11:53 am

I agree. Those at-bats by Guyer and Raja Davis were incredible feats of skill. Fouling off 102 mph fastballs, working the count, and then getting power hits off 100 mph fastballs. And the Cubs hitting Miller who is almost unhittable. And Bryant sneaking two runs with perfect base running. And the slight hesitation by Davis in throwing to home plate and slightly high throw that allowed Bryant to score. Great stuff.
Dignitary

Post 03 Nov 2016, 7:01 pm

It was a tremendously entertaining and exciting series: Seeing the Cubs come back from a 3:1 deficit. It was reminiscent of the 1991 World Series between the Twins and the Braves that also went to 7 games. I remember Jack Morris pitching the entire game and refusing to come out. I didn't go, but we all had our Homer Hankies at home, waving them as we watched the game on TV.

Speaking of pitchers, they sure don't make 'em and play 'em the way they used to. I was really pissed that Maddon took Hendricks out after only 5 innings, when he had almost perfect control of the game and simply wound up walking Santana because of a few bad calls. It was still 6-3! I couldn't believe Maddon did that, at least so early. Hendricks certainly didn't appear stressed or tired, unlike most of the relievers that came after him. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought this was a Cubs' Pitchers' Audition Night. It just showed how foolish and Maddon's decision was. And what does Lester do right away? Makes a bad throw to the catcher, allowing two Cleveland runs! Good think that Edwards was able to hold it together at the end, but didn't he look really worried! Who wouldn't, in his position!? I felt sad for him, but he came through like a champ.

Yep, quite a World Series that was. Maybe both teams will be back next year, like the Yankees and Red Sox.