Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 10 Apr 2011, 12:19 pm

I was talking about hiking, but actually, where my house is it is a mixture of mostly dirt roads and a few paved roads with no sidewalks. And with the horses and deer running around, it's best not to walk bare foot and step into something nasty!
Administrator

Post 10 Apr 2011, 8:17 pm

agreed on the sandals, good for a walk along a paved area, not for any sort of wild area or even a dirt or stone trail, not good for a long walk either. Great for kicking around in summer weather though! Those pictured above are a nice sort of halfway version though, maybe a nice start for Rewind should he decide to add another pair of shoes to his limited wardrobe.
would shoes count as part of your wardrobe?
Ambassador

Post 11 Apr 2011, 8:53 am

I have two pairs of regular sandals, my wife bought them for me, and I hardly EVER wear them. Perhaps once at beach on the lake... I have one pair of all black Rockport sneakers that I wear 95% of the time, they are in good condition and have lasted for years! Then I have a pair of leather hiking boots and a pair of rubber snow boots, that's the other 5%. Yes, my shoe wardrobe is quite limited!
Ambassador

Post 11 Apr 2011, 11:29 am

Heck Tate wrote:Docs for comfort and durability, sandals (are they still for hippies if they have rubber soles and velcro straps, Danivon?) for warm weather. Running shoes for exercise.
Well, I used to wear DMs, and they were very comfortable, but I think I'm too old (and have too short a haircut) to continue. And they are only comfortable after the excruciating 'breaking in' period.

But yes, sandals are for hippies even if they are rubber-soled and velcro-strapped. I'll go for wearing them on a beach, but there are lots of beachwear items that belong there and nowhere else, frankly.

Sandals with socks! My goodness, in the UK that's part of the very stereotype of the liberal eco-nut shaggy-haired intellectual. You might as well be knitting your own yoghurt.

Mind you, what is wrong with proper shoes? You can even walk fair distances on decent woodland paths with them, without needing full-on hiking boots.
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 11 Apr 2011, 5:46 pm

Well no one takes you seriously (hippiewise) in Portland unless you run around barefooted, sandals have been abandoned to the right wing of society.