Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 08 Apr 2011, 3:01 pm

OK, this is a really odd and different topic. I was in need of new shoes/boots and just bought a pait of hiking shoes that I am in absolute love with, My wife might need to be worried because if these shoes can give me as much comfort in bed as they do everyday on my feet...she's in trouble!

For "everyday" shoes I prefer a decent hiking shoe. They give good support, offer good traction, look good and work well with all 4 seasons where I live ...plus they work well if I actually go hiking!

I have had many different brands over the years, I prefer addias sneakers/atthletic shoes for many reasons but these are hiking shoes...a different animal. I had earlier bought a pair of (not sure what to call them? All purpose sandals? But not really a sandal???) last summer by Keen. I loved them as well
and these are soooo comfortable and so freaking awesome. (with summer coming upon us, if looking for such an all purpose shoe, DO consider these)
anyways, because I was so pleased with those "sandals" I decided to try Keen yet again,
Looking for every day hiking boots and with Keen in mind, I tried their Targhee hiking boot and OMG, I am in freaking love!
Keen Targhee, just AWESOME so far (two weeks)
I am 100% sold on the Keen brand, I should work for these guys, I "sold" two pairs wile at the store trying mine on, that was pretty funny!

OK< enough of my ranting, If I can "sell" just one of you here, I did a good deed for the day. Let me know if we have any Keen "fans" here, I would be somewhat interested in your thoughts, I just love 'em!
Administrator

Post 08 Apr 2011, 3:05 pm

Oh, and I have mentioned my lesbian neighbors before here on Redscape, they turned me on to the Keen brand after seeing me in a pair of Teva's they thought looked nice (not a huge fan of Teva... poor quality believe it or not). Those Lesbians know their hiking shoes!
Dignitary

Post 08 Apr 2011, 4:30 pm

Tom,

Those psuedo sandals look good. I hate open toed shoes so I usually buy a huarache. Unfortunately, everybody tells me I look like an old man when I wear them. The ones above almost look like sneakers.
Administrator

Post 08 Apr 2011, 5:34 pm

I recently bought a pair of shoes on this website: http://www.endless.com/

They offer free overnight shipping on most styles, but always free shipping on all their shoes; plus, free return shipping if you're not happy with your order.

This a great website to ensure your styling choices: http://www.magnificentbastard.com/
Administrator

Post 08 Apr 2011, 7:08 pm

Archduke, they are pretty cool, protected toe box, you can wash them, nice and cool but sneaker-like. Some think they look kinda odd, but I rather like that odd look myself and have gotten several positive comments on them. Again, this is an odd topic but I had to share my "find"
Foreign Minister

Post 09 Apr 2011, 6:26 am

I received a call from Imelda Marcos, she wanted to join in on this thread. I gave her the link, so hang on, she may join in here soon. The congresswoman (do the call themcongress people in the Philippines?) will be here as soon as she can.

Oh, and for the record I own 2 pairs of shoes (1 for running the other for work) and 1 pair of hunting boots.
Administrator

Post 09 Apr 2011, 8:39 am

for the record, I own more than Roadkill but less than Imelda (but probably a bit closer to imelda?)
....actually, not counting the several crap sneakers I like to keep around for sealing the driveway, mowing the lawn or some other purpose I don't want to wear anything halfway decent. I have a pair of sneakers, a pair of "boat shoes", a pair of dress shoes, a pair of boots, the above sandals, another older pair of sandals, the above hiking shoes and one other "casual" shoe. Not TOO bad? (yeah, a bit girly I know)

and Roadkill ...no bowling shoes?
Dignitary

Post 09 Apr 2011, 9:30 am

No worries Tom. I have two pairs of dress shoes (one black, one brown - gotta match the suit), one pair of sneakers, a pair of Huarachies, a pair of flip flops, a pair of Timberland Boots.

If you want to include sporting attire, I have a pair of golf shoes, a pair of cleats (for baseball/soccer/football), and a pair of fencing shoes.
Foreign Minister

Post 09 Apr 2011, 8:02 pm

GMTom wrote:for the record, I own more than Roadkill but less than Imelda (but probably a bit closer to imelda?)
....actually, not counting the several crap sneakers I like to keep around for sealing the driveway, mowing the lawn or some other purpose I don't want to wear anything halfway decent. I have a pair of sneakers, a pair of "boat shoes", a pair of dress shoes, a pair of boots, the above sandals, another older pair of sandals, the above hiking shoes and one other "casual" shoe. Not TOO bad? (yeah, a bit girly I know)

and Roadkill ...no bowling shoes?

Bowling shoes count as shoes? Well, let me go count all of my pairs of those....
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 09 Apr 2011, 10:43 pm

GMTom wrote:Those Lesbians know their hiking shoes!

That's what she said.

I recently went with a pair of Danner 452 GTX hiking boots, after destroying many lesser brands.

Tom, that second picture looks like a trail running shoe, no?
Ambassador

Post 10 Apr 2011, 4:05 am

Adidas for comfort, italian for smarts, and sandals are for hippies. That is all.
Dignitary

Post 10 Apr 2011, 7:36 am

Docs for comfort and durability, sandals (are they still for hippies if they have rubber soles and velcro straps, Danivon?) for warm weather. Running shoes for exercise.
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 10 Apr 2011, 8:30 am

Sandals cover everything except snow. It's all about the socks, cotton for warm weather, wool for cold/wet weather, synthetic for athletic activities.
Ambassador

Post 10 Apr 2011, 10:22 am

Sandals for hiking? Bad idea. Open toed sandals are especially bad, you get sticks and stuff jammed into your toes. But even the closed toed sandals shown up above suck, wait until the first time you have to trudge through mud or puddles that are an inch or two deep. Then you'd wish you had boots on. Not to mention the sand and pebbles and stuff that ends up in them. I hate sandals! :( :)
Dignitary

Post 10 Apr 2011, 10:31 am

You hate sandals for hiking or all the time? I'm thinking you need to move to a town with better sidewalks if you're getting mud and twigs between your toes every time you step out the door. :smile: