Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 22 Apr 2011, 11:11 am

Well apparently it was the price tag that MLS put on him. Also, Nowak is not too fond of Feilhaber. Piotr did mention plans for the summer, and I hear that a bunch of USMNT players are coming back, but none of them impress me like Benny--based on what the Union need.

But I wouldn't mind Drogba. Farydidier Mondrogbagon...
Dignitary

Post 22 Apr 2011, 11:13 am

DCU's game was unfortunate the other night. They need some work up top, as well. And that jakovich guy stinks. Every time I see him, I think he's awful. What a goal by Agudelo, though. Did you see Henry's smile after that?
Dignitary

Post 22 Apr 2011, 12:31 pm

This goal was sick.
Dignitary

Post 23 Apr 2011, 9:47 am

I really wanted to watch that game but missed it. When I saw the final, I was quite surprised. I was opening for a tie so the Union stay on top but......

Guapo wrote:This goal was sick.

That was freaking amazing.

On the Union, what do you guys think of Roger Torres. To my novice eye, he seems like a good MF who could be a good feeder for the FW with a little more playing time. Am I missing something?
Dignitary

Post 25 Apr 2011, 9:38 pm

Archduke Russell John wrote:I really wanted to watch that game but missed it. When I saw the final, I was quite surprised. I was opening for a tie so the Union stay on top but......

Guapo wrote:This goal was sick.

That was freaking amazing.

On the Union, what do you guys think of Roger Torres. To my novice eye, he seems like a good MF who could be a good feeder for the FW with a little more playing time. Am I missing something?

Well we still have a game in hand and we don't play them again until the last game of the season.

With regard to Torres, I think you're spot on with your analysis. I hope that's what Nowak is saying, as well, when he dissed Feilhaber, but Roger doesn't get enough playing time. But he's still only 20. He's got loads of potential, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a call up to the Columbian national team at some point.
Dignitary

Post 26 Apr 2011, 5:25 pm

has anyone seen steve zakuani's leg break? the pop is loud!

Sorry. didn't mean to sound like it was cool, but here it is. WARNING: it's worse than Joe Theisman
Dignitary

Post 27 Apr 2011, 10:11 am

Guapo wrote:has anyone seen steve zakuani's leg break? the pop is loud!

Sorry. didn't mean to sound like it was cool, but here it is. WARNING: it's worse than Joe Theisman

I was watching that game but had to step out for about 10 or 15 minutes in the beginning to put my girls to bed and just missed it.
Dignitary

Post 28 Apr 2011, 6:01 pm

Well it's pretty brutal--particularly if you watch it a second time and recognize the loud pop. The sound is a split second or two off, so the pop comes just before the picture.

The Union need to pound San Jose. They're in a terrible rut, and I think beating their keeper a few times will help. He's a good keeper, and shut us out with some great saves last year.

Randy, DCU needs to beat Houston. Houston has a better record than I think their play suggests. I'm predicting a 2-1 win for DC and a 2-0 win for philly.
Dignitary

Post 03 May 2011, 8:29 am

I had a reenactment this weekend so I recorded the game. I just got to watch it today. Was it me or was that a horribly officiated game?
Dignitary

Post 03 May 2011, 12:17 pm

It was atrocious. I have to wonder (conspiracy theorist that I am) if there was an intent by referees to "control" the game more because of Zakuani's injury. That red card was a joke. But to win and shut out the Quakes a man down for half the game was impressive. 4 clean sheets in 6 games isn't bad--particularly considering our opponents are averaging 10.667 points outside of their games with us, and we've beaten the two teams challenging us in the conference.
Dignitary

Post 04 May 2011, 7:45 am

Jeff,

It wasn't just the horrendous red card but it appeared that there were a lot of missed calls as well.

Randy,

I am actually surpised at how well the Red Bull are doing after the predictions you and Jeff gave of them for this season. Of course it is early and they could start to get cold.
Dignitary

Post 04 May 2011, 9:57 am

Russ, I agree that the entire game was horribly officiated. The handball in the box. He lost control of the players and penalized them for it (when Mondragon and the other guy got yellows).

I picked them for second. The easy pick was to place them first, but I wasn't impressed with them last year or in preseason (agudelo aside). I actually saw them placy SKC in Tucson before the season started.

Randy, I think my "pestering" days are over. :P I didn't know there was a sports forum on the new site. I can't find it.
Dignitary

Post 06 May 2011, 2:41 pm

DCU played well against Seattle. Hamid made a few fantastic saves to save the points. Is there more of that to come for DC?

4.75 hrs till DOOP
Dignitary

Post 07 May 2011, 8:58 pm

Well, that was a frustrating game to watch.
Dignitary

Post 09 May 2011, 4:31 pm

absolutely awful--a disgrace, in my opinion. I know Jen Weld or whatever it's called is like a pinball machine, but still. They let in goals like a seive, and we couldn't score 1.

Russ, funny comment. But I will say I was impressed with Hamid's saves and a few by Coundoul were really good. As for plays, my play of the week goes to Henry's sideline juggle. It didn't pan out to anything, but it was awesome to watch.