Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 11 Feb 2011, 7:01 pm

The question is how many players and what time zone? Im flexible with times, as i have several games of hoi2 and eu3 that are in 'euro' time slots.
Emissary

Post 12 Feb 2011, 9:30 am

erm..both magister and I use a crack game hence to access paradox's mp we need a password
Ambassador

Post 12 Feb 2011, 9:35 am

no you dont, you play via multiplayer and IP. You dont need to use the meta server :)
Emissary

Post 12 Feb 2011, 5:45 pm

oh you are right, though we did try that with Hoi3 and it didnt work hence the overall thinking how to surpass this problem
Ambassador

Post 13 Feb 2011, 2:04 am

Setup your router so that your DMZ is turned on.

Most hosting issues are fixed by this alone.
Ambassador

Post 13 Feb 2011, 11:49 pm

cypeg wrote:ok ww wil give it a go next week, or shall we try game ranger first with EU rome?

Unfortunately, I don’t have a copy of EU Rome. I will try and get one. However, isn’t this the very game you recommended that I didn’t try out. (Due to pointless revolts)

Rolls wrote:Count me in for either game if we get a redscape group going.

Count me in as well. I apologize in advance for not being the most computer literate when it comes to playing online. I don’t often play games online (apart from Diplomacy) so I’m not entirely sure of the vocabulary associated with setting up the multiplayer networks and such.

Setup your router so that your DMZ is turned on. Most hosting issues are fixed by this alone.

Ok, I will do some research (there should be information available online) regarding how to do this. Does DMZ actually stand for Demilitarized Zone in the context of routers as well? (Wikipedia lists it as that.)
Ambassador

Post 14 Feb 2011, 5:00 am

Thats ok and its all pretty straight forward.

Log into your modem, and have a look through you settings. Sometimes the DMZ option is hidden or hard to find. You should be able to check your modem/router manual to find where this option is.

I am using a Thompson modem and my settings are in my LAN settings setup. Though i have had modems in the past that have had the option hidden at the @#$! end of nowhere.

Once that is turned on you sould be right to host.

Seeing as i am in Australia it is usually better for an American or Euro person to host.
Ambassador

Post 14 Feb 2011, 12:52 pm

Rolls wrote:Thats ok and its all pretty straight forward.

Log into your modem, and have a look through you settings. Sometimes the DMZ option is hidden or hard to find. You should be able to check your modem/router manual to find where this option is.

Ah, I think I've logged into my modem once before (or was that my router). I did something online which gave me the option to change the password which protected my internet connection.

Seeing as i am in Australia it is usually better for an American or Euro person to host.

I don't mind hosting (I'm in Canada). If distance between participants makes a difference -- I'm not sure how it works -- then perhaps Cypeg should host since he's in the UK (which, I understand, is somewhere between Australia and Canada.) I attended a Model United Nations conference over the weekend and the delegate representing the United Kingdom on the Security Council who kept referring to his country as "the Empire."
Ambassador

Post 14 Feb 2011, 6:53 pm

The Union Jack does crazy things to people :P

The game runs pretty smooth with any host. Im in a regular game tonight, with 10 players (though we had 12) and we run mostly at speed 3.
Ambassador

Post 14 Feb 2011, 7:39 pm

I just tried out Victoria II with Cypeg. It was pretty fun but Cypeg's computer wasn't allowing him to play online properly for some reason. (It kept slowing down.) We played the game through Hamachi. Cypeg blames it on the servers "American favouritism"...but I'm in Canada.

Would I be able to join the game tonight?

Cypeg and I are going to try out Europa Universalis: Rome (Gold Edition). I've never played this before.
Last edited by Magister Equitum on 14 Feb 2011, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emissary

Post 14 Feb 2011, 7:43 pm

thats because my laptop video card is uselessno remedy for that at the moment..any lotto number preferences?
Ambassador

Post 15 Feb 2011, 7:14 am

Magister Equitum wrote:Would I be able to join the game tonight?

Eu3 Divine Wind version 5.1b.

game starts at 1800CET.

http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=posts&t=2187 this forum is the one for the game, The ip will be posted on or close to 1800 depending on who hosts.

If you have 5.0, but need the 5.1b patch you can find it there also.
Ambassador

Post 15 Feb 2011, 12:30 pm

Thanks for the invitation Rolls. It looks like I`ve missed the start of the game. Browsing the website, it seems that the event will be continuing for an hour or so more. Some of the posts on the forum are good for a laugh. Thanks for sharing.

Perhaps we could set something up through Redscape for those interested in trying out Victoria II.

Since the game-- to my knowledge -- doesn`t offer a chat interface (at least I couldn`t find it) we could use a forum to communicate information. I think it could be quite fun to try out.
Ambassador

Post 15 Feb 2011, 7:26 pm

Here is a website which seems to organize multi-player games of Victoria II without using the Paradox Metaserver.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Blut_und_Eisen/index.php?

I registered for an account on their forum a few minutes ago. Let's see what happens.
Ambassador

Post 16 Feb 2011, 1:27 am

paradox games.... press 'tab' to chat.