Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 23 Nov 2013, 11:02 pm

See if this helps at all. I switched the registration to require admin approval now rather than just simple email activation. I also switched to a question:

What is the answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything? (spelled out with no spaces)
Administrator

Post 02 Dec 2013, 9:21 am

maybe this was the answer?
But maybe it went too far? I have not seen even ONE new account since this went into effect. It may be the fix or is it maybe preventing real users from registering? How does one answer this question?

Maybe I will try setting up a new account that can be deleted after checking out????
Administrator

Post 02 Dec 2013, 9:25 am

GMTom wrote:maybe this was the answer?
But maybe it went too far? I have not seen even ONE new account since this went into effect. It may be the fix or is it maybe preventing real users from registering? How does one answer this question?

Maybe I will try setting up a new account that can be deleted after checking out????

Please do. We tested the "fix" and it requested my approval. I want to make sure...
Administrator

Post 02 Dec 2013, 9:34 am

Just did it!
I used the goofy name Tommytwogun (go ahead and delete the request)
I have a few concerns...

The answer to this question was not known to me. I had no clue to the answer and how many people will go to Google as I did to figure it out? How about something a bit easier, like a Diplomacy map question? something like "what is the nothernmost starting supply center in the standard Diplomacy game?" St petersburg is an easy answer to any who play dip as would be registering? (and easy enough to Google as I did the current question)

And the part where I am waiting for confirmation, that alone may be good enough!?
I saw no sign of the newly registered "tommytwogun" account!

and do I have access to help out on these confirmations?
I assume so seeing i can access the ACP panel, just not sure where or what to do.

Post 02 Dec 2013, 10:59 pm

You're suppose to get an email notification with a link when someone signs up. I believe there are four of us including yourself that receive it.

The question can be fairly easy to do the trick. I was concerned that a noob might not know a Diplomacy question and that it might be harder to Google successfully. How about this Diplomacy question :)

Old age and _________ beats youth and skill every time.
Administrator

Post 02 Dec 2013, 11:01 pm

Neal Anderth wrote:You're suppose to get an email notification with a link when someone signs up. I believe there are four of us including yourself that receive it.

The question can be fairly easy to do the trick. I was concerned that a noob might not know a Diplomacy question and that it might be harder to Google successfully. How about this Diplomacy question :)

Geezerguy?
Dignitary

Post 03 Dec 2013, 1:36 pm

bbauska wrote:
Neal Anderth wrote:You're suppose to get an email notification with a link when someone signs up. I believe there are four of us including yourself that receive it.

Geezerguy?

.. a grenade

Post 03 Dec 2013, 11:32 pm

Changed it again.

In 2004 the creators of South Park released a political satire movie done with marionettes called 'Team _______: World Police'.
Administrator

Post 06 Dec 2013, 8:38 am

I like a Diplomacy related question myself, this IS primarily a Diplomacy site? Even a noob should know some basics and if searching for a dip site they are more likely to know Diplomacy answers vs movie questions?

How about the standard game uses two units
one is a fleet the other is an ???
ARMY
Administrator

Post 06 Dec 2013, 9:22 am

I have not checked my email that Redscape links to in a while. The thing is getting hit with quite a few new account notifications. Are all of these accounts that people actually answered questions on or not? And I have no clue what to do next?
I'm a bit clueless on what to do with these messages, if it were approved accounts, that's one thing, if these are everyone who register and don't answer the question, then why email us? This is clogging my inbox if so!
Administrator

Post 06 Dec 2013, 9:26 am

ok, I see a section where we have "inactive users" and Neal has been deleting them often.
I am assuming this is where users who have not answered questions correctly go? What about those who answer correctly? I'm just lost guys....

Post 07 Dec 2013, 8:45 pm

There was a new surge that got through when I made the question easier. Since I've switched question it's stopped again. They have to answer the question correctly then we get emailed for approval. The new question is:

"What's the best game ever?"
Administrator

Post 10 Dec 2013, 12:15 pm

Just curious, do you see the answers?
If so, how many say "Redscape"?

and it would be funny if you also allowed some others like "Strip Poker"?
If the person answered that, he's obviously a real person!?

Post 10 Dec 2013, 4:33 pm

I'm sure you can't see other answers.

I didn't see any indication that it would take different answers. That would be cool though:

Strip Poker, Settlers of Catan, Carrom, Beer Pong