Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 30 May 2013, 7:50 am

Is anyone else out there absolutely sick of Jurgen Klinsmann? I keep hearing about his plan, and about how he has everything under control, but I'm not seeing any progress. I'm seeing regress.

I'm sick of seeing second tier German-Americans get starting gigs, when they barely make a dent. While he does give the nod to some MLS players, it seems that he picks the wrong ones. Eddie Johnson is not our best striker--not by a long stretch.

Does Landon really need to "earn" his spot back for taking a hiatus? Is it me, or is that completely absurd?

Chemistry...there is no chemistry with this team, no matter who they trot out. That's a problem of coaching.

All the while, we're supposed to believe that there is some super-secret plan that is going to make the USMNT world beaters. I just don't believe it anymore, and I think it's time to make a change--before it's too late.

Thoughts?
Administrator

Post 30 May 2013, 8:48 am

What we really need is a good shortstop and middle reliever!?
Ambassador

Post 30 May 2013, 2:48 pm

Panicking after a bad performance in a meaningless friendly is such an English trait.
Dignitary

Post 31 May 2013, 10:33 am

That's quite funny, Danivon. I don't think I'm panicking. I'm looking at 3 years of this team progressively getting worse. I didn't "panic" after they lost to Honduras in a WC Qualifier. Honduras shouldn't come close.

But I am seeing a lot of regression in this team, and terrible personnel decisions.

Have you watched any of the USMNT matches?
Ambassador

Post 02 Jun 2013, 3:00 pm

Today's was pretty good! Suddenly Jozy decided to turn up.

Honduras are an improving team, and are no pushovers. They have been semi-finalists in the last two Gold Cups, and beat Costa Rica to win the Central American Games tournament in March. Losing by one goal to them away is not a great shame on the US team - the main thing for the US is to win the home game.
Dignitary

Post 05 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm

It's a good thing Jurgen decided to one-up me. I was only able to watch the first half (i had to catch a flight), but i was impressed with a few things.

I do want to say, however, that Jozy's silence has not really been all his fault. It's difficult to score when you don't get service. He was creating space, nothing just ever seemed to get to him. And that was part of the chemistry issue I was talking about.

He did seem to have a bit more drive, however, and it showed in the result.

If they play like that in the qualifiers, they should rock through it.

Best result under Klinsmann so far, even if the Germans did play many 2nd and 3rd tier players.