Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Administrator

Post 21 Mar 2016, 6:43 am

I had four of them on Saturday, it was a nice game night at the neighbors and better yet, I brought the sixer over to share but nobody else drank them so I got all the more to me and me alone! Poor fools don't realize what they missed out on and this years batch was pretty darned good!
Dignitary

Post 27 Mar 2016, 6:38 am

GMTom wrote:So how was that batch of home brew Archduke?
I assume you made at least the one batch and likely another one or two by now?

OH, and it may be too late, Troegs Nugget Nectar is out now. I managed to grab THE LAST six pack in Rochester! I prefer bottles and this year they made it in cans and bottles both, all that was available was that can variety so we will see how it goes!

It was really good Tom. A great flavor without being overly hopped like a lot of IPA's. My one brother said it tasted more like a brown ale than an IPA.

I'm actually planning on the second batch just now. I took a while to decide what I wanted to make. I have settled on an Irish Stout. It has been ordered and should be delivered this coming Tuesday.
Ambassador

Post 27 Mar 2016, 10:15 am

I have been trying some homebrew recently. Very small batch (getting about 9-10 bottles per), brewed from the malt - so the first step for me is to make the wort by warming, then boiling the mash.

First two brews were the same recipe - an IPA with 5 different hops which came out very nice (and about 5.5% each time). The next one is a milk stout that I will be adding some espresso into at bottling to make my wife her favourite type of beer.
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 07 Apr 2016, 3:03 pm

Time to sound off for National Beer Day blokes!