Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 14 Sep 2020, 2:11 pm

A lot of chance taking and some very good tactical moves, which is what this race is all about. Congratulations to Bruce on his championship. And thanks to all players.

I finished in 6th, 5th, 4th...3 more laps and I would have won this thing.
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 28 Jan 2021, 9:28 pm

Really enjoyed the different format. I never have 60/60 cars (or better) so this was a new experience.

Moved a point from skill to start speed to get a jump on the competition. Worked well until Bruce took a well-timed chance to take the lead and secure the win. I did grab 2nd and 6 points.

Since I would be toward the back anyway, moved a point from start speed (no longer used unless you spin) to acceleration. Woo-hoo. 80 accel car. Let's go! 2nd lap goes well after a risky 2w+chance(3s) to take the lead. I'm able to stay in 1st or 2nd and not use much wear, which leads to a win at the end of lap 2.

So going into the last lap, I have a 2 point lead over Bruce after his 3rd. I move a point to wear from start speed (again, who needs that, unless you SPIN). It would have been interesting to run this lap with one less wear from the front. Not sure I could have held on, but maybe a better chance than I had. I had to burn wear to get thru the crowd.

In the penultimate corner, I could play it safe and almost certainly lose to Bruce, or take a shot and have a 42% chance at glory. Alas, I spun. The 20 SS dropped me all the way to 6th.

Great race. Fun competition. I learned a lot of things, and learned some things not to do. Congrats to Bruce. Thanks to all for putting up with me. And a BIG THANKS to Jim for running the show.

Fabio, I'm glad I had a chance to race with you. RIP.

- Stephen