Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 29 Mar 2012, 10:39 am

Anybody know if there is a way to force Malta if there are ships in it's port? I have tried to land a force directly in the city but the ships always move around to the port side of the island and then stand outside the port because of the ships there not disembarking the troops.

I have tried to land the troops in an area between the City and the Port and the ships move to oneside of the island or the other but do not disembark the troops.

Is there anyway to force it without waiting for the ships to come out of the port?
Emissary

Post 31 Mar 2012, 12:38 pm

I've managed to get troops to disembark right next to the city, but it took some fiddling. Alternately, just leave a single merchant outside the port and pull your fleet back a bit. The AI can't resist whacking the lone merchant.

I ignore the missionaries--they don't seem to do much. When I get a bunch of mine built up I'll send them in mass somewhere that I seem to be having rebellions.

I've managed to take the whole world starting with France, England and the southern Indian power (can't recall what it's called just now). Harder to do with the central European powers because income from merchants is so key.
Dignitary

Post 17 Apr 2012, 1:18 pm

Ok, now I am frustrated. I am playing Great Britain in a long campaign. It is Spring 1784. I control 35 provinces (35 is the minimum amount needed for a win) and I control 12 of 13 required provinces. The only one I do not control is freaking Malta. I can not land an invasion force on that damned freaking island because the City is garrisson and the Port has 4 ships in it. No matter how many Indiaman ships I dangle outside the port, the damned ships do not come out.

I want to scream.......
Dignitary

Post 14 Jul 2012, 11:12 am

Was finally able to get Malta. I had to blockade the port with one fleet while another dropped the land forces. The blockade kept the Maltese fleet in port form blocking my path.

I was just on the ETW Stream forum and it looks like it is possible to play some of the other powers (someone mentioned playing the Huron). Does anybody know if this is a mod or something that unlocks after reaching a certain point in the game?
Dignitary

Post 26 Jan 2013, 12:07 pm

Can anybody tell me about getting Mods. I have read comments about being about to play some of the NPCountries, i.e. Iroqouis or Danes, as part of the grand campaign and I am interested in that. However, I have never gotten any gaming stuff from a non-company source before.

Are they legal, i.e. not a voilation of copyright? Where do I find them?

Also, if anybody wants, I am on steam as Archducrj1
Emissary

Post 26 Jan 2013, 2:21 pm

Unlocking factions is usually something you can easily do yourself. I don't play ETW but I've played a lot of the other TW games and it's always very easy. On Rome Total War you just had to open a file called descr_strat and edit it to move all the factions into the column marked 'playable'. I dunno if it's so simple on Empire, but I don't see why not. The TW games are designed to be quite moddable. If there are any factions that don't start with any territories at the beginning then you probably won't be able to play those without crashing the game though, I remember that being a problem on Medieval if you wanted to play as the Mongols.

Downloading mods is perfectly legal btw.