Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Adjutant

Post 23 Aug 2014, 9:05 am

sorry if that is barraging you with too much information at once lol.....let me know what you need explained in order to do this......

Can't wait :)
Administrator

Post 25 Aug 2014, 7:01 am

One sorta big problem on my end right now....

My computer is suddenly acting up. The screen suddenly has a row of lines down the middle that takes up about 1/3 of the screen! I can't do any sort of artwork with that mess going on!
And I am not buying a new laptop until Christmas (I can justify a present to myself at that time and not before). If I decide to treat myself, cool! But I can be a real cheap skate where it comes to myself!
Adjutant

Post 25 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

Well Tom I do not have any idea how I would go about designing a Supremacy board for the web. If you would like however, I can show you the spreadsheets on which we can track our resources (the big blue cards called Supply Centers). I think it is actually quite brilliant, and allows all players to see their situation, as well as the others', at a glance. So there's no need as I said to reproduce the Supply Center cards for the game.

Hey, if we have to wait for xmas, so be it. In the mean time, we can still communicate our ideas to each other and I can explain a few things you might want to do, or need to do, to help set us up. Just let me know what I can do & I'll try my best.
Adjutant

Post 29 Aug 2014, 11:23 am

By the way I know how that is: My laptop is broken and needs $80 worth of parts!
Adjutant

Post 31 Jul 2015, 2:03 am

Hey tom, did you get your computer problems sorted out?
Administrator

Post 11 Aug 2015, 12:48 pm

my problem is easily fixed ...I need a new computer.
Bu that's been known for over a year now, I don't need an expensive thing and ALMOST bought one a few days ago. The problem now is simply the cost compared to the need. My smart phone does over 90% of what I need and that other 10% or so can be worked around easy enough. (Except for Diplomacy maps). Yeah, it would be "nice" but I don't "need" one at this time.

Plus, I can still fire up my old machine. It needs to be plugged in, it's very slow, many things no longer work well and it takes about 10 minutes to fire up fully. But I have that in a pinch making the new machine really a bit of a wishful thought.
Adjutant

Post 09 Feb 2016, 10:51 am

I finally got to see Supremacy 2020 in person. Neat! The mushroom clouds glow in the dark!
Adjutant

Post 28 Mar 2017, 8:10 am

Hi guys! I loved Supremacy back in the 1990s! Despite it being so bugged as to be virtually unplayable, it was a tonne of fun and had some brilliant design concepts!

I was a Kick Stater backer for the revamped Supremacy 2020 - what a great job CPGs did!

- Attacking and moving have been "discounted" -war is now affordable!

- The market is fixed! It works now.

- Other bugs have been fixed

The rules changes are subtle and minimal - but the result is a more dynamic game with action throughout.

I manage an amateur fan-blog for the new game. Reviews, strategy guides, etc.

https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com/

JimHackerMP wrote:BTW wouldn't there be some sort of copyright issue for using the S-2020 map ourselves? I'm not so knowledgable about these things. Of course perhaps no one owns the S-1984 rights anymore...but then again maybe Command Post does now, even if Supremacy Games, Inc. is defunct?

I don't know very much about computers, but if you guys have the skills to to develop tools which facilitate online or PBEM games, there's a good chance CPG would endorse your efforts and provided you with rules etc.

http://www.commandpostgames.com/home-3/help-wanted/