Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 16 Feb 2011, 6:56 pm

Rift is now in open beta, which means pretty much anyone who registers with them can get an invite to play the game for free for the next week or so. (It's a long download, as you might imagine, so factor that into your playtime schedule if you decide to give it a try.) You can find reviews of the game pretty easily through Google, and you read up on the classes, etc. here.

I have only gotten a character to about level 6 so far, but I can testify that it's very smooth, easy to adjust to, and damned pretty. :smile:
Administrator

Post 16 Feb 2011, 7:46 pm

Cool webpage header!
Dignitary

Post 16 Feb 2011, 7:49 pm

If anyone feels like giving it a try, I'm currently mucking about on the Keenblade server under the name of Creed.
Dignitary

Post 25 Feb 2011, 5:29 pm

Seems like I'm the only one who has given this a look. Hands down, this is the most visually appealing MMO game I've played. LOTRO may have the edge for pretty skies and lakes, but the character models and spell effects (which you spend a lot more time watching than skies and lakes TBH) are really something.
Administrator

Post 25 Feb 2011, 5:32 pm

I watched the trailer, but no more MMO's for me. Pretty much the only game I play anymore is Chess.
Dignitary

Post 01 Apr 2011, 5:09 am

Rift is offering a free trial period, in case anyone is interested in giving it a look. You would need to visit this link: http://www.RIFTgame.com/en/ally (I can't seem to figure out link-code here this morning)

And copy and paste this code when prompted: 62CE-ZHRY-JL3L-H3Z7-PXJG

I think it can be used by 5 different people before it stops working. Feel free to ask any questions about the game by PM or here. I play on the Keenblade server, mostly as Creed.

If you want to see a bit of the gameplay, graphics, etc, there are a TON of videos posted to YouTube nowadays.
Ambassador

Post 05 Apr 2011, 7:53 am

Heck Tate wrote:Rift is offering a free trial period, in case anyone is interested in giving it a look. You would need to visit this link: http://www.RIFTgame.com/en/ally (I can't seem to figure out link-code here this morning)

And copy and paste this code when prompted: 62CE-ZHRY-JL3L-H3Z7-PXJG

I think it can be used by 5 different people before it stops working. Feel free to ask any questions about the game by PM or here. I play on the Keenblade server, mostly as Creed.

If you want to see a bit of the gameplay, graphics, etc, there are a TON of videos posted to YouTube nowadays.

I was able to play the Rift Alpha. Well, at least I had the ability to do this. The truths are these:

1. I can't get motivated to play an MMORPG wherein I don't care about the world. Rift's lore does not interest me.
2. I don't have time for more than one--and barely have time for one.
3. I can't afford the subscription model--or rather I won't pay for it again, unless I am in love with the whole notion of the game and the world.

I lasted 10 minutes in Rift.
Dignitary

Post 05 Apr 2011, 3:43 pm

Ah, see, there's the problem. I got hooked after 15 minutes. :smile: