Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 30 Jul 2018, 6:55 pm

This thread is intended to determine how/if divisions should be re-sorted due to new ownership. Please note that for the next several years, geography WILL determine divisions in some way.

A good start would be to list each owner's place of residence. With all the north-easterners, I'll list states and towns. Please correct me if I have them wrong.

Note - Because Ryan, Jared, and I draft together, I would like to retain us in a single division. I'm more than willing to entertain ideas based on personal relationships you have with other owners.

Current Divisions

Kurys
Matt - Oakland, CA
Marcos - FL
Brad - Walla Walla, WA
Freeman - Los Angeles, CA

Sams
Corey - MA
Nick - ME
Andrew - MA
Brad - MA

Faut
George - New York, NY
Josh - SC
Brad - CT
Frank - Reading, PA

Kamenshek
Tom - MA
Mike - Ashburn, VA
Jared - Burke, VA
Ryan - Gaithersburg, MD
Dirt Track Racer (Pro I)

Post 30 Jul 2018, 7:53 pm

The simple solution would be to switch me and Tom. That would put me in the Mid Atlantic division I would be the southern most team, but i am from the area. and have strong opinions on Maryland and Virginia. and it would create rivalries due to Ryan hating the nationals. Also Mike is the only person in the league i have met IRL.

Meanwhile it would put Tom in the more northern division. This would give the option of switching nick for Tom if you wanted to put all the MA players in the same division and have just other northeast division. If we don't do that we could just put the southern most MA team in the current faut. or just keep it the same.

This would keep Kurys division the same
SAMS
Corey
Nick/Tom
Brad
Anrew

FAUT
george
Tom/nick
Brad
frank

KEMENSHEK
Josh
MIke
Jared
Ryan
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 30 Jul 2018, 8:11 pm

That's not a bad idea, Josh. You lived very close to me IIRC (Leesburg, right?). Make a trip up for the auction!

Frank could stay in his current division. Tom would move to the NY division or the MA division. Isn't there an eastern MA team that could be sliced off and put into NY? I need some detail on the Mass teams or there may be one of them who wants to switch.

But yeah, it's a simple and sensible solution.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 30 Jul 2018, 8:22 pm

Also, I would be fine with Nick swapping with Marcos. There's gonna be an east coast team in that division anyway so no reason it can't be Nick if he wants to play Matt.

I think Brad S. is the western Mass owner - perhaps he should go into NY Metro. Tom then joins eastern Mass + Nick/Marcos.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 31 Jul 2018, 9:51 am

Barring further requests or ideas, here's what I propose:

Kurys
Matt
Marcos
Brad B.
Freeman

Sams
Corey
Nick
Andrew
Tom

Faut
George
Brad B.
Frank
Brad S.

Kamenshek
Mike
Jared
Ryan
Josh
Adjutant

Post 31 Jul 2018, 4:47 pm

I'd like to be in the same division as Matt...if he'll have me.
Dirt Track Racer (Pro I)

Post 01 Aug 2018, 2:03 pm

I like that proposal and I don’t see a problem with nick switching with Marcos not sure why he would want that.

Plus it’s definitely a possibility for me to attend the draft I have a lot of friends there that I still visit regularly plus I could see what Ryan looks like as well as meeting the great wolfdog.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 06 Sep 2018, 1:19 pm

Here's what the divisions would look like after switching Nick with Marcos. By the way, don't expect a vote on this - I can move divisions around via Executive Order. I do listen though, so if anyone thinks these are egregiously unbalanced, let me know. I think all the divisions below are pretty competitive.

A note to new owners: The division names are determined by the league champion. Subject to good taste...

Kurys
Matt (Jacks)
Brad B. (Wallaby)
Freeman (Sluggers)
Nick (Tots)

Sams
Corey (Gunners)
Andrew (Smashers)
Tom (Boys)
Marcos (Peckers)

Faut
George (Bombers)
Brad B. (Hornets)
Frank (Isotopes)
Brad S. (Ducklings)

Kamenshek
Mike (Soup)
Jared (Bums)
Ryan (Wolfdogs)
Josh (Men)
Adjutant

Post 07 Sep 2018, 11:21 am

It seems like the way the league is now, we can achieve a little more balance. Kurys looks good, but I think Faut and perhaps Kamenshek are too weak relative to Sams (which has three playoff teams and a middle of the pack team). I'd switch Corey with Brad Burgdorff to achieve more balance.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 07 Sep 2018, 1:54 pm

There must still be a geography element driving the divisions. The intent is for permanence, thus some imbalance in the short term is fine.

I would not want to split up Andrew & Corey, who, IIRC, are friends. They should be able to beat up on one another, just like you and Matt.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 07 Sep 2018, 2:32 pm

Actually, Nick, I switched Marcos into the wrong division. Here's what it should look like:

Kurys
Matt (Jacks) CA
Brad B. (Wallaby) WA
Freeman (Sluggers) CA
Nick (Tots) ME

Sams
Corey (Gunners) MA
Andrew (Smashers) MA
Brad S. (Ducklings) MA
Tom (Boys) MA

Faut
George (Bombers) NY