Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 03 Nov 2017, 9:20 pm

Builds are here! Two sets of matching cars: Doug & Maurice and Chris Long, Jack, and Brad. The rest are unique.

Next Deadline: Bids are due Wednesday, November 8 at Noon EST, but I'll process sooner if all bids are in. PLEASE SUBMIT TIRE SELECTION WITH YOUR BID.

Barcelona_Builds_v2.png
Ambassador

Post 06 Nov 2017, 8:37 pm

Off to a great start. Rando's car build corrected above with the right amount of skill.
Ambassador

Post 08 Nov 2017, 8:20 pm

Drivers, the bids are in and we have our starting grid! Headline here is that Kennard REALLY wanted the pole.

Two ties, at 6 and 3.5.

Next Deadline: Turn 1 plots due Tuesday, November 14 at Noon EST/5pm UTC (hard deadline). If all plots are received early, I'll endeavor to process the turn early.

Bid Details:
Barcelona_Bids.png

Tire Selection and post-bid car details are on the starting grid:
Barcelona_T00_v2.png
Ambassador

Post 17 Nov 2017, 7:23 am

There's smoke on the track already! 11 drivers push their start speed (8 with dice and 3 using the soft tires ability to spend wear in place of a roll), and 2 people have some regrets.

Next Deadline:
Turn 2 Plots due Wednesday, November 22 at Noon EST/5pm UTC.

Turn 1 Results

Kennard leaps from the start at 80, using a wear to push his start speed. Rando does the same, only using his wear to go 40. Hancock pushes his start to 80 using 2s (mod 4). Kennington pushes to 120 with his big skill chip (mod 4) and rockets into the lead, sticking to the middle to avoid giving a slip.

Schulz foils that plan by also pushing to 120 with a wear, and he grabs the tail of the black car. Beckman plots 80 with 2s to the start speed test, but rolls a mod 9! He has to replot at 40 (plot is -20 off start speed), note that this is not permanent damage to start speed. Welage plots 120, pushing with 2s (mod 1) and pulls up behind Doug. Long also pushes, to 80 with 2s (mod 7), and then lines up behind Rando.

Wahl plots 100, and can't quite connect with the line of cars ahead of him. Snouffer plots 80 and pushes with a start roll. He rolls a naked 11 and damages his engine! He's replotted at 0 and suffers -20 to ACC for the remainder of the race. Bauska plots 80 with 1s on the start speed roll (mod 4). Brandt pushes to 40 with 2s (mod 5).

Barcelona_T01.png
Ambassador

Post 28 Nov 2017, 6:39 am

Correction to the above: Ty did not suffer engine damage last turn, his ACC remains 60. Chris Brandt did not go 80, he went 40. Placement and narrative is correct, stat grid is wrong.
Ambassador

Post 28 Nov 2017, 6:42 am

Sorry for the delay, Turn 2 brings a new leader as Doug takes full advantage of his soft tires.

Next Deadline: Friday, December 1 at Noon EST/5pm UTC. Will try to process early if all plots are ahead of schedule.

Turn 2 Results

140 is the name of the game for the first 5. Kennington drops 2 wear on the Elf corner. Kennard pulls up on the inside before the corner. Schulz takes a slip off of Kennington and heads into the 80s for 3 wear to claim the lead. Hancock and Welage also gain slips off of Kennard and Schulz to make it three wide before Elf.

Rando plots 100, using a wear to skip the acceleration roll. Wahl and Long both pass him - Wahl at 160, also dropping a wear on acceleration and Long at 140. Beckman plots 100 with a slip from Long to pull up behind Rando.

Bauska plots 140 and pulls up next to Beckman. Brandt goes 100, and Snouffer recovers from his stall at 60.

Barcelona_T02.png
Truck Series Driver (Pro II)

Post 28 Nov 2017, 7:30 am

I know I needled Rando earlier about bidding for pole with a 20 start speed. But this is a fascinating case study because behind him were 3 cars that used no wear in their bids and all had different start speeds... Note that Rando and others spent some skill, but I also know that skill can be seen as marginal in value, so I'm just going to look at wear spent here.

Rando used 2 wear in his bid with lots of skill spent as well, he started the race 5 spaces ahead of Brandt who spent no wear on his bid. Both have 20 start speed so not surprisingly, two turns later Rando remains 5 spaces ahead. It may be too early to make this judgement but 5 spaces for 2 wear seems pretty decent to me.

So tactically, Rando spending 2 wear and some skill to gain 5 spaces seems solid if unusual. 1) Perhaps it is a good way to try to run from the back without getting caught up in too much traffic. 2) Maybe a good way to start out more mid-pack without spending a point on the 60 start speed.

For example, Brad went 60 start and no wear in his pole bid. A push and two turns later, Brad is right behind Rando. So, Rando spent 2 wear more but saved a car build point to end up pretty much the same place? Again, this does not seem terrible.

A final comparison is to look at Mr. Wahl who did something I am fond of doing... starting in the back and using the 100 start speed to compensate. The idea is to use the 100 start speed to save wear from bidding... probably ending up mid pack in this case. So Wahl spent no wear on his bid and ends up 2 spaces ahead of Rando after 2 turns. So Rando spent 2 wear and Wahl spent 2 construction points... this may be harder to compare as 2 construction points is clearly more value than 2 wear so to say that Wahl spent more resources to end up ahead of Rando does not negate either strategy...

In conclusion... Rando, I may be wrong about 20 start speeds bidding from the front. I will be watching with interest.
Ambassador

Post 02 Dec 2017, 5:50 am

Doug rockets out of the Elf corner to leave a little separation between the leader and the rest of the pack.

Next Deadline:
Turn 4 plots due Wednesday, December 5 at Noon EST/5pm UTC.

Turn 3 Results

Schulz uses the already-paid wear to accelerate to 180 inside the Elf corner. Kennington continues at 140. Welage gets the initiative at 160, he sheds 2 wear on the 120s and pulls up behind Kennington. Kennard takes the inside at 140 for 3 wear and pulls up alongside Kennington. Hancock goes 120 through the 80s for 2 wear, and follows behind Kennard.

Wahl plots 140 and takes the 80s for 3 wear to catch up to the pack. Long plots 120 with a slip and drops 2 wear in the 80s to stick to Wahl's tail. Rando does the same and keeps the line intact.

Bauska plots 160 and takes the 120s for 2 wear. Beckman goes 120 and enters the 120s for free. Brandt also plots 120, staying inside. Snouffer looks to gain lost ground by testing Acceleration to get to 140. He rolls a modified 7 (1s used) and shortens the gap on Brandt.

Barcelona_T03.png
Ambassador

Post 15 Dec 2017, 6:52 am

Drivers, apologies on the delayed Turn 4...been very hectic at work and home. Please check these results a bit more than usual as I started the adjudication and then had to come back to it a few days later.

Jockeying for position in and ahead of Repsol - folks mid-pack get a bit farther than they expected.

Next Deadline: Turn 5 Plots due Wednesday, December 20 at Noon ET/5pm UTC.

Turn 4 Results

Schulz plots 140 and sheds 2 wear on the Repsol line. Kennington plots 160 and then late brakes back down to 140 using 2s on the dice roll (mod 1) and follows Doug on the line, also for 2w. Kennard plots 140 and heads into the Repsol 100s for 2w. Welage plots 140 and runs right up to Repsol on the line. Hancock plots 120 with a slip and then grabs the inside lane.

Wahl, Long, and Rando each plot 140 and ask for a slip. Wahl grabs the inside but can't use the slip due to traffic. Long does get the slip and pulls up outside of Wahl. Rando uses the slip to line up behind Wahl.

Bauska continues at 160 and looks for the slip, but finding himself short a space he settles to the inside. Beckman clears the corner at 120 for free. Brandt plots 120 and heads through the 80 space for 2 wear to clear the corner and end inside. [RM Note: this a bit of an interpretation -- Chris are you sending moves based on the wrong car? Yours is the Pink car.]

Ty finishes off the turn by plotting 120 into the 100 space for a wear.

Barcelona_T04.png