Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 31 May 2017, 7:06 pm

And so this chapter of Redscape Nascar has come to a close.

As RM of the race, it was much what I was hoping for. For a long while there it was a fun tight pack race, which was rather cool. That the field spread out though did make me think 3 laps were right as more laps would of probably lead to the field becoming more spread out. I can also see where the system only preforms only so well, but as a basic race it was good.

I am very happy running it also as it got me well prepared for running C3 for next season ^^ and I hope you all enjoyed!

Will
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 01 Jun 2017, 5:39 am

Thanks for running a great race, Will!

Build: I put my build points into wear so that I could run through the four primary corners at top speed throughout. My strategy was to run from the front and stay there. This is the first time I've ever used a SS of 120 (I don't actually recall ever seeing it used by anyone). I would need that with my 20 acc. Once at top speed, didn't think I'd need to slow down at all so no spending on brakes.

Bid: My bid of 8.5 is pretty high for me and I was hoping for front row. Rob outbid me but I was pretty happy with my position. I kept the 3s in reserve for the start push.

Race: Lap 1 was frustrating as I was stuck behind Rob and forced to take less efficient routes through the corners. I needed a passing opportunity which I found at the start of lap 2. Rob's 140 TS was a real limiting factor for him, allowing me to pull even in turn 7. To get initiative in turn 8, I pushed my car - if I pass this dice roll, I would have a huge advantage in the race. Success! After that, it was just a matter of maxing out my wear on each corner to win the race. The only exception was in lap 3 where I slowed down a bit to save some wear but by then, the writing was on the wall.

The track:
I don't think this particular oval makes for a great race using CFR rules. Maybe with more drivers there might have been more decision points? One change I would make would be to have the race lines criss-cross in the end corners, thus you could not take consecutive corners on both lines. Just a thought. I would like to try an oval again someday but maybe one with longer straights where 180+ cars become relevant. That could make things much more interesting with the double slip possibilities.

Drive fast & take chances!

Mike
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 01 Jun 2017, 4:10 pm

Criss-crossing the lines would be interesting, but in the end I think it was set that way because Rockingham in the end was really 2 smooth corners.

I do agree if we did it agian it would probably be one of the three long tracks, which each have their own advantages and diss(though I No-Line Talledega seems kinda eh)