Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 17 Apr 2017, 10:55 pm

Hey all,

Apologizes for derping and forgetting my own deadline was set, but the extra time paid off. Here is how everyone qualified for the race.

Row 1
Rob(#2, 11w, 12 1s, 1 3 for 18.5) --- Mike (#48 4 w, 7 1s for 8.5)

Row 2
Chris(#20, 2w 10 1s for 7) --- Tim(#24, 2w, 6 1s for 5)

Row 3
Dave(#21, 1w, 6 1s for 4) --- Kal(#3, 1w, 2s for 2)

Row 4
Jim(#8, Nothing for 0)

Due to I am cutting it a little tight for a Wendesday deadline, the deadline for the first turn will be Friday April 21st at 9pm Eastern Daylight Time. If everyone gets it in by Wendesday Evening thought I have no problem with pushing it forward. With that, good luck to all!
Redscape RockinghamRaceT1.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 18 Apr 2017, 10:13 am

I guess Rob really wanted that pole!

Btw, I used 9 1's for the bid. The chart is correct, though, so harm, no foul. And I think Rob should have 1 3s left.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 Apr 2017, 5:25 pm

And we are Green! Mike and Rob both go roaring off the line and dive into the first corner side by side, Rob taking the inside!

Behind them the field bunches up as Tim is a little slow off the start, and he Mike and Dave go three wide coming out of the bend, with Chris just above them. Jim then brings up the tail right behind the group!

Thanks all for the quick response. Next turn is due by 9pm on Friday!
Redscape RockinghamRaceT2.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 21 Apr 2017, 5:47 pm

Thank you all for getting the turns in!

Next turn due Monday at 9pm

Turn 3 Summary:

Rob takes the the inside slingshot off the corner and is able to take an early lead going into turn two as Mike lines up behind him. The two are joined by Chris who with some deft shifting skills (3s Auto Acceleration Success) hammers it full speed into turns 1 and 2 and pull along the outside of Mike.

Behind them Kal is able to hold his line enough to block Dave out of the corner, and the two end up side by side coming out of turn 1. Tim tucks in behind Dave having to hang wide to avoid slamming into their bumpers, and Jim using the Slip gained off Kal to grab the line and shoot to Tim's inside, making the rear of the pack a two wide train!
Redscape RockinghamRaceT3.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 24 Apr 2017, 5:48 pm

You know I don't think I ever would see a shape like this on a road coarse XP. But dunno any with turn lines like this.

Next turn due Wendesday at 9pm

Turn 4 Summary:

Rob maintains his lead as he exits the corner as Chris using his extra carrying speed dives inside of Mike and rides Rob's bumper, denying Mike the slipstream as the two are side by side.

Behind them, Kal uses his inside advantage to dive in and pick up Mike's bumper, forcing Dave to stay out near the wall. Tim uses the air coming off Kal's car to keep up with the rest of the field and pulls up behind Dave. Jim runs the corner using Dave's slip, but he can't wheel it out far enough to keep on Tim's tail as he brings up the rear.
Redscape RockinghamRaceT4.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 24 Apr 2017, 6:35 pm

So much for the summary in some ways. I oopsed and forgot the corner is disjointed. Mike moves before chris and thus they switch places. Corrected graphic.
Redscape RockinghamRaceT4.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Apr 2017, 5:44 pm

and the field dives into the corner two abreast...

Next turn due Friday at 11pm(Delaying due to I might be playing cards)

Turn 5 Summary

Rob bring the field into the corner as Mike approaches from his outside, edging his bumper up agianst Rob's quarter panel.

Behind them, the feild dives into the corner two wide. Chris can be seen with his hands full as he wrenches the car into the corner and Dave is seen giving off a little tire smoke. Kal fits into the outside row beside them and Tim and Jim build the tail of the line.
Redscape RockinghamRaceT5.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 28 Apr 2017, 9:33 pm

Tire smoke is seen as the field shifts and rebunches.

Next turn due Monday at 9pm

Turn 6 Summary

Rob leads the field through turn 4 as the field keeps itself in two lines. Mike takes the inside position from Chris and is able to force him high enough to gain a fender length edge.

Kal uses his position to push Dave to the outside as well but finds himself right up agianst the bumper of the drivers ahead of him and has to pad the breaks as Tim slots in behind him.

Jim seeing enough open asphalt lays on the gas into turn 3 and 4 and wrestles his car though the corners, catching himself back up with the pack.
Redscape RockinghamRaceT6.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 01 May 2017, 8:24 pm

And the field goes 3 wide as Rob and Mike cross the line battling for the lead!

Next turn due Wednesday at 9pm

Turn 7 Summary

Rob rolls out of the corner to lead the lap as he crosses the line, but his lead is in danger as Mike speeds up and reaches his inside, the two going neck and neck as they come down the front stretch.

Behind them, the field largely finishes the turn at speed, leading to a daunting maneuver to the outside by Jim who spreads the back of the pack 3 wide!
Redscape RockinghamRaceT7.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 03 May 2017, 10:21 pm

Hey all, my apologies for being late on this one. Mostly me loosing track of time. Deadline for friday will be 11pm Eastern to make up for it!

Turn 8 Summary

The cars weave into Turn 1 beginning to go single file as Mike is able to outdrive Rob into the next corner, with Chris. Kal drop in behind that, but is passed on the outside by the #8 of Jim who is seen frantically on the wheel as he wrestles his car into the corner at full speed!

Dave follows Jim in persuit and Tim lines up for the corner, although he seems something has distracted him as he enters the corner a bit high.

(RM Note: I realized in looking at the ruleset, I did not place Dave in the right space by rules of the NPR as I did with Tim now. At this point, it didn't mean anything for the turn so I won't worry about it, but I will make sure to keep it in mind for any case in the coming turns. So please, submit your turns or you could find yourself not in a great place XP)
Redscape RockinghamRaceT8.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 05 May 2017, 10:22 pm

And we have our first failed roll of the race!

Deadline for Turn 10 is Monday at 9pm Eastern. Tim you are on your second NPR. Please submit a turn or you will be pulled.

Turn 9 Summary

With the lead in hand, Mike powers through the corner fast enough to gain a 1 car length lead on the rest of the pack. Behind him Rob rolls through the inside, while Chris edges up agianst his side panel on the outside as he tries to steal second!

Jim continues to barrel out of the corner, but has to let up as he closes on Rob and Chris' bumpers. As he does there is a puff of dark grey tire smoke, and there are reports of possibly having having broken something!

Kal pulls down the inside as Dave rolls up beside him, creeping towards Kal's nose.

Behind them, Tim seems to casually pass through turn 1 without much trouble.

(For reference on Tim's NPR, 120 through Middle, due to going outside would of cost him 2 wear if I understand the ruling)
Redscape RockinghamRaceT9.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 08 May 2017, 9:57 pm

Apologies on the delay agian. Think I'll stick to a 9pm deadline though as people seem to get it in early or not at all anyway.

Turn 11 is due Wendesday at 9pm Eastern

Turn 10 Summary

Mike holds his lead as he funnels into turn 3, behind him the pack has caught up to Rob and both Jim and Chris slide to his inside, though will they have the speed to make the pass?

A car length behind them, Kal and Dave run two abreast as they roll twoards the corner, with Tim seeming trying to catch up from the back after his lapse in concentration.
Redscape RockinghamRaceT10.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 10 May 2017, 7:28 pm

If this had more laps, there would probably be a yellow right now as Jim kicks up smoke in turn 3 and people dodge past him.

Turn 12 due Friday at 9pm Eastern

Turn 11 Summary

Mike extends his lead going into turn 4 as he keeps it tight agianst the yellow line.

Chris, and Jim dart into turn 3 behind them, but Jim drives in too hard and spins out in a cloud of tiresmoke. He is able to barely hold it off the wall however as he brings the car back around. Rob is able to duck under him and pull up on the outside of Chris, as Kal and Dave pull up behind.

Tim continues to try to catch up the with the group as he lines up to power into turn 3.

(An apology to people if you did not get the die rolls. The roller for some reason did not accept the emails. I will try to just copy paste the address from now on)
Redscape RockinghamRaceT11.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 12 May 2017, 9:14 pm

The fields starting to stretch out as we begin the final lap!

Turn 13 due Monday at 9pm Eastern

Turn 12 Summary

Mike's lead keeps steady as he crosses the start/finish line to being the third and final lap. Not far off, Chris flies out of turn 4 and starts to pull ahead of Rob putting him into second place.

Dave piggybacks off of Chris' line and also blows by Rob as he pulls up beside Chris to contest him for the position.

Behind them, Kal eases up on the gas and pulls his way though the corner, conserving his tires, while Tim works his way along the yellow line though turn 3 and into 4, passing Jim who has now gotten the car back pointing the right direction and is coming back through the gears.
Redscape RockinghamRaceT12.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 13 May 2017, 5:29 am

Hey Sorry all,

Rob let me know I miss read his turn as he was requesting to block the line, not move inside. This only affects him and Dave's moves(but it's a sizable diff). Corrected graphic below!
Redscape RockinghamRaceT12Cor.png