Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dirt Track Racer (Pro I)

Post 17 Apr 2017, 10:55 pm

Hey all,

Apologizes for derping and forgetting my own deadline was set, but the extra time paid off. Here is how everyone qualified for the race.

Row 1
Rob(#2, 11w, 12 1s, 1 3 for 18.5) --- Mike (#48 4 w, 7 1s for 8.5)

Row 2
Chris(#20, 2w 10 1s for 7) --- Tim(#24, 2w, 6 1s for 5)

Row 3
Dave(#21, 1w, 6 1s for 4) --- Kal(#3, 1w, 2s for 2)

Row 4
Jim(#8, Nothing for 0)

Due to I am cutting it a little tight for a Wendesday deadline, the deadline for the first turn will be Friday April 21st at 9pm Eastern Daylight Time. If everyone gets it in by Wendesday Evening thought I have no problem with pushing it forward. With that, good luck to all!
Redscape RockinghamRaceT1.png
Rally Racer (Pro III)

Post 18 Apr 2017, 10:13 am

I guess Rob really wanted that pole!

Btw, I used 9 1's for the bid. The chart is correct, though, so harm, no foul. And I think Rob should have 1 3s left.
Dirt Track Racer (Pro I)

Post 19 Apr 2017, 5:25 pm

And we are Green! Mike and Rob both go roaring off the line and dive into the first corner side by side, Rob taking the inside!

Behind them the field bunches up as Tim is a little slow off the start, and he Mike and Dave go three wide coming out of the bend, with Chris just above them. Jim then brings up the tail right behind the group!

Thanks all for the quick response. Next turn is due by 9pm on Friday!
Redscape RockinghamRaceT2.png
Dirt Track Racer (Pro I)

Post 21 Apr 2017, 5:47 pm

Thank you all for getting the turns in!

Next turn due Monday at 9pm

Turn 3 Summary:

Rob takes the the inside slingshot off the corner and is able to take an early lead going into turn two as Mike lines up behind him. The two are joined by Chris who with some deft shifting skills (3s Auto Acceleration Success) hammers it full speed into turns 1 and 2 and pull along the outside of Mike.

Behind them Kal is able to hold his line enough to block Dave out of the corner, and the two end up side by side coming out of turn 1. Tim tucks in behind Dave having to hang wide to avoid slamming into their bumpers, and Jim using the Slip gained off Kal to grab the line and shoot to Tim's inside, making the rear of the pack a two wide train!
Redscape RockinghamRaceT3.png
Dirt Track Racer (Pro I)

Post 24 Apr 2017, 5:48 pm

You know I don't think I ever would see a shape like this on a road coarse XP. But dunno any with turn lines like this.

Next turn due Wendesday at 9pm

Turn 4 Summary:

Rob maintains his lead as he exits the corner as Chris using his extra carrying speed dives inside of Mike and rides Rob's bumper, denying Mike the slipstream as the two are side by side.

Behind them, Kal uses his inside advantage to dive in and pick up Mike's bumper, forcing Dave to stay out near the wall. Tim uses the air coming off Kal's car to keep up with the rest of the field and pulls up behind Dave. Jim runs the corner using Dave's slip, but he can't wheel it out far enough to keep on Tim's tail as he brings up the rear.
Redscape RockinghamRaceT4.png
Dirt Track Racer (Pro I)

Post 24 Apr 2017, 6:35 pm

So much for the summary in some ways. I oopsed and forgot the corner is disjointed. Mike moves before chris and thus they switch places. Corrected graphic.
Redscape RockinghamRaceT4.png
Dirt Track Racer (Pro I)

Post 26 Apr 2017, 5:44 pm

and the field dives into the corner two abreast...

Next turn due Friday at 11pm(Delaying due to I might be playing cards)

Turn 5 Summary

Rob bring the field into the corner as Mike approaches from his outside, edging his bumper up agianst Rob's quarter panel.

Behind them, the feild dives into the corner two wide. Chris can be seen with his hands full as he wrenches the car into the corner and Dave is seen giving off a little tire smoke. Kal fits into the outside row beside them and Tim and Jim build the tail of the line.
Redscape RockinghamRaceT5.png
Dirt Track Racer (Pro I)

Post 28 Apr 2017, 9:33 pm

Tire smoke is seen as the field shifts and rebunches.

Next turn due Monday at 9pm

Turn 6 Summary

Rob leads the field through turn 4 as the field keeps itself in two lines. Mike takes the inside position from Chris and is able to force him high enough to gain a fender length edge.

Kal uses his position to push Dave to the outside as well but finds himself right up agianst the bumper of the drivers ahead of him and has to pad the breaks as Tim slots in behind him.

Jim seeing enough open asphalt lays on the gas into turn 3 and 4 and wrestles his car though the corners, catching himself back up with the pack.
Redscape RockinghamRaceT6.png