Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 08 May 2017, 6:05 am

Please post your race comments here.

My thoughts:

I mistakenly thought a 180 top speed would be useful on this track. It was virtually useless in the first 2 laps. It did help me make up ground on lap 3 but by then I wasn't even close to a podium finish. In hindsight, I think I would've reallocated the build point into start speed. I did end up with extra skill which could've been used towards pole bid and maybe a push on the start.

This track is just too hard to race from the back. There aren't enough three-wide areas. This not only creates an overly crowded track but does not leave enough room for passing. I an imagine this track provides more racing in smaller fields.

Doug ran a flawless race with the right build for the track - congrats on the dominating win! Fabio ran an excellent race as well, even though he was robbed of the championship by a sly Doug. His 5th place finish is not indicative of his race. CFR racing at Redscape is like that at times.

Gio, it was nice racing with you - I hope you return to Redscape some day to challenge us again. Nice job on sneaking into 2nd!
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 11 May 2017, 4:45 am

I agree with Mike on the width of the track. C2 strung out and made it at least viable to come from the back. Here in C1 I spent almost the first two full laps just keeping up with the two wide, two (or more) deep pack in front of me. By time I had any room to maneuver I didn't have any car left.

Although I still have a chance at a point (I'm writing this before the final turn is adjudicated), either way it has still been fun.

Congratulations to the podium finishers and Doug on the championship. I'm looking forward to season 4.