Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 24 Jan 2017, 4:09 pm

Giovanni carried a nice 5+ second lead across the s/f line.
COTA C1 summary.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Jan 2017, 7:13 am

Turn 34 from Chris

Only 2w spent this turn and no dice! What is a Steward to do?

Giovanni heads down the straight toward Triangle at 140.

Doug and Turyko both plot 100 taking the line in S2 for 0w, Doug ending outside after the line.

Tim and Jim each plot 120 so Tim goes first and takes the line in S1 and S2. Jim takes the line in S1 and ends inside of Tim before S2.

Rando follows at 120 on the line in S1 and foregoes a slip.

Fabio takes the line in S1 at 120 for 0w.

Chris gets up to speed taking the line in S1 at 140 for 0w. Marshall follows Chris through S1.

Mike and Dave both plot 140 with Mike having the initiative, He takes the line in Bridge for 0w. Dave finds the line blocked, so goes through the 140s for 0w but does not lose ground because he is able to take a slip.

Finally John plots 140 taking the line and spends 2w.

Quite a procession this turn, but still time for some racing!

Turn 35 Deadline is Monday 6pm PST or more likely sooner.
COTA C1 Turn 34.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Jan 2017, 9:25 am

To all the cars in front of me:

I will be barreling through this lap with all my prodigious wear. Please make room... or else.

:shift:
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 27 Jan 2017, 4:23 pm

Turn 35 from Chris

Another fast turn round as always.

Giovanni takes the 100s in Triangle at 100.

Doug plots 160, pulls away from Turyko, and ends in the middle lane.

Tim and Jim both plot 100 with Jim moving first. He takes the 100s for no wear. Tim uses the line for no wear and ends in front of Tim.

Rando takes the line at 100 ending outside of Jim.

Fabio also takes the line at 100 for 0w.

Chris takes the S1 line at 120 for 0w and the S2 line for 1w clearing both corners.

Marshall plots 140 clearing S1 on the line and ending on the line for S2. Note: The track does not show the wear usage - to be corrected.

Mike and Dave both plot 120, giving Mike the initiative. He takes the line in S1 for 0w and Marshall uses the 120s in S1. He also takes a slip and clears S1.

John goes 140 through Bridge on the line for 0w.

Turn 36 Deadline is set for Wednesday at 9pm PST
COTA C1 Turn 35.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 01 Feb 2017, 10:41 am

Turn 36 from Chris

Well, after the short rest period we are off and running again. Funnily enough Rando got his move in first! Last plot came in yesterday.

So Turn 36 with some movement and dice, but NO BITS! You need to try harder!!! Rob Cunningham would be repeatably on your case! I recall those days vividly!

Giovanni slows to 60 and ends inside. This gives Doug the chance to close in. He over brakes and succeeds with a roll of 4+2=6. He takes the line at 80 for 1w.

Turyko plots 100 and takes the line for 2w.

Looks like we have a race!

Tim sedately plots 100.

Rando takes the initiative at 160 and ends on the line. Jim goes 140 ending behind Rando.

Fabio also goes 140 and takes a slip to end inside of Jim. (Fabio I didn't charge your wear from last turn so I corrected that)

Chris accelerates to 160.

Marshall takes the lkine in S2 for 0w ending outside.

Mike and Dave both plot 100 with Mike going first.

John goes 120 on the line in S1 and ends on the next line.

Deadline for Turn 37 is Friday 9pm PST and am expecting Rando to be first plot received again!
COTA C1 Turn 36.fw.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 02 Feb 2017, 2:47 pm

Turn 37 from Chris

Well Gents, some commotion this turn! Some dice and House Rules prevented more. BUT no bits.

Oh and a lead change!

Giovanni simply plots 100 (note he actually has no skill).

Doug pushes accel successfully rolling 2+2=4 and gets to 160. He passes Giovanni for the lead. He stays in the middle lane.

Turyko maintains 100 and cannot take a slip from Doug because the latter is on a numbered space.

Rando plots 100, moves one space and late brakes using 1s. He succeeds with a roll of 3+5-1=7. He re plots to 80 and takes the line for 1w.

Fabio and Jim both plot 100 with Fabio having the initiative. He finds the line blocked and goes outside for 2w. Jim finds his first two choices blocked. He late brakes and succeeds with a roll of 3+6=9. He re plots to 80 and takes the inside lane for 2w. Nice to have wear!

Tim, however, plots 80 into the outside lane for 0w of course! He does cause some fuss behind him.

Chris plotted 100 into the 100s. That is blocked. With no options specified he late brakes using 1w before the corner by House Rules. If he had entered the corner, he would have spent the wear and rolled a chance. He re plots to 80 and ends on the line.

Marshall plots 160 requesting the line but is forced into the middle lane. Oh what a tangled web we have!

Mike plotted 160 and has the initiative and ends in the middle lane. Dave goes 140 and ends behind Mike.

Finally John plots 100 taking the line for 0w.

Turn 38 may be pretty interesting in Triangle! Up front the leaders will be looking to their rear as the chasers try to catch them.

Deadline for Turn 38 is Monday at 6pm PST, or more likely sooner.
COTA C1 Trun37rev.fw.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 07 Feb 2017, 5:12 am

Turn 38 from Chris

Turn 38 brings dice, mostly round The Triangle.

Rando pointed out that his skill was incorrect. Not sure why it was, but I docked him the 1s. I agreed with him.

Up front Doug heads down the straight at 160 and pulls away from Giovanni and Turyko who stick to their max speed of 140.

Rando tests his accel and succeeds with a roll of 4+3-1=6. He heads down the straight at 160. Meanwhile Jim follows at 120.

Fabio plots 140 and takes a slip and pulls in behind Rando.

Tim plots 60 and ends on the line after The Triangle!

Next Marshall plots 100 and moves ahead of Chris. He moves two spaces in the hundreds and late brakes and succeeds with a roll of 5+5-1=9. He re plots to 80 and pays 1w for the corner and ends inside of Tim in the middle lane.

Chris simply plotted 60 for 0w and takes the outside lane for 0w.

Mike plotted 100 but saw the line and outer lane blocked.So he elected to late brake before the corner. He succeeded with a roll of 2+4=6. he re plotted to 80 and took the inside lane for 2w. He jumped into 7th place, so that worked for him!

Dave was not so fortunate with his 100 plot with 1w and a chance using 1s on the line. However, he rolled 3+5-1=7 and spins in the first space. He is re plotted to 0 and will move 40 next turn.

John takes the line into The Triangle at 160.

So a lively turn!

Deadline for Turn 39 is Thursday at 6pm or sooner if all plots are in.
COTA C1 Turn 38.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 08 Feb 2017, 6:04 am

Turn 39 from Chris

Life isn't always equitable and sometimes leads to Bits! Lots of dice this turn starting up front!

Doug tests his decel and fails with a roll of 5+6=11. He spends his last wear and takes the line for free through The 90. However, his decel is also broken!

Giovanni goes 100 and enters the 100s in the outer lane. Turyko winds his car up to 140 and takes the inner line, taking 2nd place!

Rando plots 160 and take the outer line.

Fabio goes 120 and a slip, ending on the outer line.

Jim plots 140 and gets no slip and ends inside.

Now the "pack"! The three abreast all push accel. Mike and Marshall both succeed with rolls of 3+6=9 and 4+2-1=5 respectively.

Now Tim, this is not your day! He fails impressively with a 6+6=12! He ends up going 100 and your accel now matches your decel!

Chris heads down the straight at 140 and ends inside by default. Very tidy!

Dave starts off at 40 and ends inside leaving the line free.

John over decels using 2s, which were spent wisely! A roll of 6+5-2=9. He spent 1w on the line.

So plenty of racing still in this group, maybe some more BIts too.

Doug has three turns to clear while everyone else has four. There is some wear left on Rando's tires as are Jim's Mike has the most but in some way back. Always dice Mike!

The back two also have wear but a good bit off the pace.

By the way Rando no adjustments this turn! Inquiring minds want to know how your book is working out?

Turn 40 Deadline is Friday Feb 10 at 6pm PST or sooner.
COTA C1 Turn 39.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 09 Feb 2017, 6:22 am

Turn 40 from Chris

Well lots of dice but NO BITS!

Doug plots 100 and ends inside.

Turyko hard brakes with a roll 0f 4+3=7 and goes 80, as does Giovanni. Turyko moves first and goes through the inside line for 1w. Giovanni ends behind him.

Rando plots 100 on the line. He moves one space and successfully late brakes with a roll of 3+1=4. He re plots to 80 and ends behind Giovanni.

Fabio goes 80 on the outer line. Jim makes a move, plotting 100 and taking the inner line for 2w and takes 5th place.

Mike and Marshall are side by side. Mike tests top and succeeds with a roll of 6+1=7. He goes ahead of Marshall and takes the outer line. Marshall ends on the inner line, but behind Mike.

Chris heads down the straight at 160.

Tim goes 120 but takes a slip.

John pushes his accel and succeeds and is successful with a roll of 2+5=7. For his pains he now tests top. Also successful with a roll of 2+4=6 and goes 180.

Finally Dave accels to 80.

So the first three cars have used their cars to the fullest, then Rando has two wear and also one skill! Let me think does he really have that skill? Perhaps. Jim is also moving up and still has one wear left.

Looks tight over the next corners! I am sure there will be dice! Good!!!

Turn 41 Deadline is Friday 9pm PST.
COTA C1 Turn 40.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 09 Feb 2017, 3:36 pm

Turn 41 from Chris

Some action, but of the slippery sort!

Doug takes the 60s in the Hairpin at 60 for 0w ending inside. Turyko also goes through at 60.

Giovanni goes 80 into the 80s of the Hairpin.

Rando plots 80 ending inside.

Jim plots 100 and is forced outside of Rando.

Fabio maintains 80 on the line.

Mike plots 120 on the line for 2w ending in the middle lane ahead of Fabio. Great to have wear!!!

Marshall plots 100 through the 100s in The 90 and orders a late brake just before the 80s. He rolls 6+5=11, which is no good. He spins since he has no wear! He will start at 60 next turn. Well Marshall, you asked for the dice to be kind! At leats you are still in the race!

Chris also plots 100 into the 100s. This is now blocked by Marshall. By default he will late brake before the corner. He succeeds with a roll of 5+4=9. He re plots to 80 and ends right behind Marshall.

Tim plots 100 and takes the outside line.

John plots 140 and finds the outside line blocked, so takes the inside line and also into 9th place.

Dave plots 120 and ends in the middle lane.

A one day turn. However, I will set the Deadline for Monday at 6pm PST.
COTA C1 Turn 41.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 11 Feb 2017, 3:26 pm

Turn 42 from Chris

A rather placid turn, especially as Marshall opened up the line in a most gentlemanly manner.

Doug heads into the Amphitheater at 80. Turyko and Giovanni also go 80.

Rando takes the Hairpin at for 1w ending beside Giovanni. Jim also takes the Hairpin at 80 but for 0w.

Marshall starts off at 60 ending in the middle lane.

John has the initiative going 100 on the inside line and spending 2w. Chris goes 80 ending inside.

Tim goes 80 on the line spending no wear.

Finally Dave takes the outside line at 140.

The deadline for Turn 43 is Tuesday Feb 14 at 9pm PST, sooner if possible so you can concentrate on the day you had better show "she" comes before racing!
COTA C1 Turn 42.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 12 Feb 2017, 10:23 am

Oops, the lap 3 segment 1 numbers, just a bit late.
COTA C1 summary.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 14 Feb 2017, 4:12 am

Turn 43 from Chris

An interesting turn with several people changing their moves before I updated the game file a little earlier today.

Doug and Turyko both maintained ending inside. Giovanni and Rando both ended plotting 60 with Giovanni gaining a space. Giovanni took the inside in the 6os and completed The Amphitheater. Rando was forced into the 80s and is one space back. Jim plotted 100 and went through the outer lane using 1w and moves ahead of Rando next turn.

Mike plotted 120 with eight options of what to do depending on what else went on. With all three lanes blocked he instructed to late brake down to 100 and was successful with a straight roll 0r 1+4=5. He re plotted to 100 and takes the outer lane for 0w! Fabio had clear air and went 80 into the middle lane for 0w.

The first three cars have clear air ahead, the next four still need to get through The Amphitheater.

John plotted 60 through the 60s! However, he cannot reach the 60s from where he started so ended in the 80s. He does, however, complete the Hairpin.

Now the three abreast folks: Marshall and Tim both plot 100 with Chris going 80. Marshall has the initiative and moves up to the 100 spaces, orders a late brakes before the 80. He actually succeeds with the late brake 3+4=7 and re plots to 80. Actually I have a suspicion he misread his position and thought he would end in the 80s, but no.

Tim late brakes before the 80s and with a roll of 5+4=9 is successful. He re plots to 80 and takes the middle lane.

This causes Chris grief! He orders to take a chance in the 60s should the middle lane be blocked! He rolls 4+6=10. He crashes in the 60 space.

Finally Dave goes 100 on the line for 1w.

So tough on Chris I am afraid, but there will be another chance next race!

There is still lots of racing left in this field. Rando has one wear and Mike still has three wear! Quite a distance to catch up though.

Turn 44 Deadline Thursday Feb 16 6pm PST.
COTA C1 Turn 43.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 14 Feb 2017, 6:22 am

This turn deserves comment with some dastardly moves & white press to boot!

Giovanni - I now see why you are so high in Doug's rankings. I think that was the best move, especially with Rando indicating he'd go 60. You should gain one spot as a result. You do have some Sicilian in you!

Rando - Tough call but without some kind of indication from Giovanni on his plot, 80 would've been safest. Yes, I tried to throw some uncertainty into the mix with my comments. Who says this game doesn't belong on a Diplomacy website?

Jim - I wasn't sure how you'd play this but I figured what you did was most likely. I saw this coming and didn't like my options too much.

Me - If I'd attempted the forced pass on Rando (it was in my preference list, just not near the top), I'd either have a chance at the win or end up in 6th. If this were the last race in the series, I'd have tried it. As it stands, I have a chance at 3rd and stay alive for the title at Watkins Glen.

Doug & Turyko - You deserve the podium. Bring it home!

Still more racing and more dice to come...
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 14 Feb 2017, 12:25 pm

This turn deserves comment with some dastardly moves & white press to boot!

Giovanni - I now see why you are so high in Doug's rankings. I think that was the best move, especially with Rando indicating he'd go 60. You should gain one spot as a result. You do have some Sicilian in you!

Rando - Tough call but without some kind of indication from Giovanni on his plot, 80 would've been safest. Yes, I tried to throw some uncertainty into the mix with my comments. Who says this game doesn't belong on a Diplomacy website?

So I guess I hosed myself. Sigh.
Gonna be interesting to see who goes past me.
Had I gone 60 in the 60's, then 120 on the straight, then 100 thru the corner, then 180 -- well, that would have been a pretty nice finish.
Oh well.