Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 08 Oct 2016, 7:38 am

Builds are in! A lot of overlap here as Turyko, Giovanni, Jim, Tim, and Fabio all select the same design, while Mike, Marshall, and Doug also have the same idea.

Next Deadline: Pole Bids are due Wednesday, October 12 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC. I will process early if I receive them all early. If you plan to bid zero, please notify me of that. I won't "NPR" anyone who doesn't submit a bid, but it will keep me from bugging you about it if I don't have it from you.

Turn 1 will be due Friday, October 14 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC.

COTA-C1 Builds.png
Click to Elongate
Ambassador

Post 12 Oct 2016, 1:38 pm

Wow, so some competitive bidding here with a 4-way tie for the pole at 6 points between Jim, Giovanni, Tim, and Fabio and a tie at 5 points for Row 3 between Turyko and Chris. John bids nothing and comes out looking pretty good next to Mike, who bid 2 wear for the back row.

Full grid, as well as the starting track are below. Instead of the usual boxes I included a post-bidding car stat grid so you can see all data points.

Next Deadline: Turn 1 plots due Friday, October 14 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC (hard deadline).

COTA-C1 Bids.png
Click to Elongate

COTAC1-Turn00.png
Ambassador

Post 15 Oct 2016, 4:39 am

4 drivers test their start speed and get good results from the dice gods.

Next Deadline: Turn 2 plots due Monday at Noon EDT/4pm UTC (soft deadline). Hard deadline is Tuesday at the same time.

Turn 1 Results
Jim goes 100 and takes the center lane. Giovanni also goes 100 and heads inside. Fabio tests his start speed using his 3-skill chip to go 120 (mod 0) and make it 3-wide ahead of the corner. Tim goes 100 and pulls up behind Giovanni. Turyko plots 120, using his 3-skill chip on the dice roll (mod 2) and pulls up behind Jim.

Chris, Dave, Doug, and Marshall each go 60 and move as far inside as possible. Rando tests start speed using 2s to go 40 (mod 4) and grabs Marshall's spoiler. Mike plots 80 and uses 2s on the roll (mod 2), and lines up behind Doug. John goes 60 and pulls up next to Rando.

COTAC1-Turn01.png
Ambassador

Post 17 Oct 2016, 2:00 pm

Turyko shakes things up with bold moves ahead of The Wall to move into third while Chris uses his big ACC stat and presumably at least a little of that DEC stat next turn.

Next Deadline: Turn 3 plots due Wednesday, October 19 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC (soft deadline). Due to my work schedule this week I may not be able to get to the turn until Friday, so hard deadline will be Friday at the same time. I hope it doesn't come to that, though. Next week I'm going to move the usual deadline time a bit earlier in the hopes I can reliably process at the same time each turn, so stand by. :)

Turn 2 Results
Jim plots 100 and gets to go first; he selects the racing line and drops 2 wear. Giovanni goes 80 and moves next, taking the inside for 2 wear. Fabio also goes 80, and takes the racing line for a wear. Tim goes 100 and with Fabio on the line opts to go outside for 2 wear. Turyko starts at 100 then taps the brakes using a brakes test with 2 skill (mod 4) to drop to 80 and take the inside lane for 2 wear.

Chris bears down on The Wall at 120, ending just before the 40 space. Dave and Doug also go 120, and Dave uses a slip on Chris to end on the line while Doug heads to the inside behind Chris. Mike plots 140 and gets the edge on lane selection (Racing Line) over Marshall who went 120 with a slip to pull up in the only space remaining (middle).

John goes 140 but can't utilize the slip from Mike due to 3-wide ahead of him. Rando goes 100 with a slip and grabs John's spoiler.

COTAC1-Turn02.png
Ambassador

Post 21 Oct 2016, 7:54 pm

We have a new leader and several position changes post-Wall. Chris stomps on the line and causes issues for the rest of the field (and the GM).

Next Deadline: Turn 4 plots due Tuesday, October 25 at 8am EDT/Noon UTC (harddeadline).

Turn 3 Results
Jim goes 140 and takes the Bridge Line for free. Giovanni follows at 120 through the same route. Turyko goes 120 with a slip on Giovanni and heads into the 140s. Fabio also goes 120 up onto the Bridge line but runs out of room to use the slip opportunity from Jim.

Tim goes 100 to finish The Wall for the already-paid wear. Chris goes 60 in the 40 space for a wear and ends blocking the racing line. Dave goes 100 and with the line blocked, uses the 60s for 2 wear and lines up inside.

Mike goes 100 and gets the initiative on Doug and Marshall, but with Chris blocking the line it's less than ideal: he takes the 60s for 2 wear, while both Doug and Marshall shoot ahead of him going 80; Doug by dropping 2 wear on the 40 space and Marshall through the center lane because he's out of room the other route. John goes 80 and due to the traffic follows Marshall into the Center Lane for 2 wear. Rando lucks out and squeezes inside of John in the 40 for 2 wear.

COTAC1-Turn03v2.png
Ambassador

Post 22 Oct 2016, 5:38 am

Narrative above updated to reflect Chris moving before Dave.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 22 Oct 2016, 5:48 am

To Chris Long for blocking the line: Such a nasty driver.

:tsk:
Ambassador

Post 25 Oct 2016, 5:47 am

The back half of the field successfully navigates The Bridge without incident, or will next turn. Track note: Just past S1, the side of the track marked with the grey star is the inside.

Next Deadline: Turn 5 plots due Wednesday, October 26 at 8am EDT/Noon UTC (soft deadline). Hard deadline is Thursday at the same time. Trying to play catch up to C3. C2 is wayyyy ahead at this point.

Turn 4 Results
Jim and Giovanni each go 120 and take the S1 line for free. Turyko accelerates to 140 for free then heads into the S1 120s for a wear. Fabio goes 120 for free in the 120 in the Bridge and then starts the S1 line. Tim goes 140 on the Bridge line for free and grab's Fabio's spoiler.

Dave, Doug, Chris, Marshall, Mike, and Rando all go 140. Dave takes the Bridge line for free and ends inside. Doug does the same, ending outside. Without room to take the line, Chris opts for the long way (140s) and finishes inside. Marshall takes the line and ends next to Chris. Mike goes into the 140s since he can't finish the line. Rando can, and does.

Sensing the traffic jam ahead of him, John goes 120 and starts the Bridge line.

COTAC1-Turn04.png
Ambassador

Post 29 Oct 2016, 5:13 am

A few changes in the order as Turkyo and Rando improve their positions. My apologies on the delay!

Two things for consideration and comment:
1) Check the track for C2 - Jim has started putting flags for the driver's country...seems kinda neat. Any interest in doing that here?
2) I am considering rotating the track map at the start of lap 2 to align closer to what C2 and C3 are doing. Would that throw anyone off? My own 'spin' was fine for Mexico City but I think the current placement leaves more white space in less convenient places.

Next Deadline: Turn 6 plots due Monday, October 31 at 8am EDT/Noon UTC (soft deadline). Hard deadline is Tuesday at the same time.

Turn 5 Results
Jim goes 120 for 1 wear on the S2 line. Giovanni follows at 100 for free. Turyko continues at 140 to finish out S1 for the already-paid wear, and then takes the S2 line for 2 wear and slides in behind Jim. Fabio goes 120 on the S1 line for free and for 1 wear on the S2 line to finish next to Giovanni. Tim follows Fabio at 120 on both lines (1w on the S2 line) and joins the conga line behind Giovanni.

Dave and Doug each go 120 on the S1 line; Dave grabs the S2 line and Doug finishes inside. Rando goes 120 on the S1 line but has to forgo the slip opportunity. Mike also goes 120 but has no choice but to head to the outside behind Marshall in S1. John goes 120 through the inside in the Bridge and starts the S1 line.

COTAC1-Turn05.png
Ambassador

Post 01 Nov 2016, 6:57 am

We have a new leader as Turyko slips his way into first. I do plan to get the tack reoriented and flags into the boxes - might take a few more turns though. :)

Next Deadline: Turn 7 plots due Wednesday, November 2 at 8am EDT/Noon UTC
(soft deadline). Hard deadline will be Thursday at the same time.

Turn 6 Results
Jim, Turyko, Giovanni, Fabio, and Tim all go 140 down the straight. Jim starts the Triangle line, which allows Turyko to use a slip to head inside of him. Giovanni takes a slip from Turyko and selects the middle lane to have access to the line. Fabio heads down the straight and finishes inside while Tim also gets a slip and lines up next to him.

Doug pays a wear to go 120 in the S2 100s and stay just ahead of Dave, who goes 100 on the racing line for free. Chris and Rando follow Dave's lead, also at 100. Marshall goes 120 and drops a wear on the S2 line and buzzes past Rando. Mike slows to 100 and grabs Rando's spoiler. A surprise to no one, John goes 100 on the S1 line and the S2 100s to complete the conga line that Doug started.

COTAC1-Turn06.png
Ambassador

Post 03 Nov 2016, 9:28 am

The dice gods smile on Turyko and Tim as they go for chance rolls in the Triangle.

Next Deadline: Turn 8 plots due Friday, November 4 at 8am EDT/Noon UTC (soft deadline). Hard deadline will be Saturday at the same time.

Turn 7 Results
The top 5 all plot 100: Turyko lets it all hang out at 100 through the inside for 2 wear and chance with his last skill point (mod 5) and finishes inside. Jim, Giovanni, and Fabio take the RL for 2 wear each. With Fabio blocking the line, Tim follows Turyko into the inside lane for 2 wear and chance with 2 skill on the roll (mod 4) and he finishes inside also. [RM note: Tim broke his 3-skill chip and gets change of 1 skill.]

Doug, Dave, and Chris all go 160: Doug takes the line, Dave lines up in the middle inside of him, and Chris foregoes the slip to grab the line behind Doug. That allows Marshall, who plotted 140, to take the slip from Dave and get to the inside.

Mike and John go 160 with slips to keep pace with them.

COTAC1-Turn07.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 03 Nov 2016, 10:04 am

Kal wrote:The dice gods smile on Turyko and Tim as they go for chance rolls in the Triangle.

Interpretation: Turyko and Tim, on the first day of their 3-day Vegas trip, take their bankrolls and let it all ride on black.

You guys is CRAZY!
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 04 Nov 2016, 4:07 pm

Turyko with the hot wheels through sector 1
COTA C1 summary.png
Ambassador

Post 05 Nov 2016, 6:44 am

The track has been rotated, I hope I like this one better. :) Have not implemented flags yet, but you guys don't seem to be clamoring for it either. Let me know your opinion if you haven't already.

Next Deadline: Turn 9 plots due Tuesday, November 8 at 8am EST/1pm UTC
(hard deadline). Note that the US (& Canada?) changes time tomorrow for "daylight saving" which may impact those of you outside of North America.

Turn 8 Results
The first 5 all go 140: Turyko opts for the outer lane hoping to ward of would-be drafters. It works for Jim, who selected inside. Tim lines up behind Jim. Giovanni, though, uses a slip from Jim to line up behind Turyko. Fabio forms up behind Tim.

Dave goes 100 on the outside rail for 2 wear and moves to the middle lane. He must have been anticipating Doug's move, which was 100 on the line for 2 wear, and he moved into the middle in front of Dave. Rando plots 100 and moves before Marshall; he takes the outside lane for 2 wear and lines up behind Dave. Marshall goes 80 in the inside for 2 and ends inside of Dave. Chris goes 80 on the racing line for a wear, which blocks it for Mike who went 100...he is instead forced to the outside rail for 2 wear, but has a nice looking slip opportunity for next turn. John goes 100 on the line and nudges inside of Mike.

COTAC1-Turn08.png
Ambassador

Post 09 Nov 2016, 2:49 pm

7 Slips this turn and a couple of places swapped.

Next Deadline: Turn 10 plots due Friday, November 11 at 8am EDT/1pm UTC (hard deadline). Will process early if I get the plots early.

Turn 9 Results

Turyko goes 160 and starts the Outer Racing Line for The 90. Jim and Giovanni each go 140; Jim onto the Inner Racing line, while Giovanni takes the slip from Turyko and heads onto the Outer Line. Tim and Fabio also each go 140 with slips and stay in line on the outer racing line.

Everyone else goes 160 down the straight, and takes slips if they can. Marshall uses a 1-skill chip to push acceleration (mod 9). Dave passes him using the slip from Doug.

COTAC1-Turn09.png