Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
User avatar
Administrator
 
Posts: 6916
Joined: 26 Jun 2000, 1:13 pm

Post 09 May 2016, 1:02 pm

Welcome one and all! Quite a cast of characters here.

Freeman3 Russia fbutland@aol.com
King of Swords England bobkirk@mybluelight.com
Jim Hacker MP Austria cbisasky@gmail.com
Geezerguy Turkey gpilette@tampabay.rr.com
Sendric France wgc@sendric.com
Schleiffen Germany thomas.znoj@hotmail.com
Georgeatkins Italy georgewrites@outlook.com


Spring 1901 orders are due Monday 23MAY16 at 5PM Pacific I will be posting maps for each season and will give email confirmation to all emails. Now where is that Realpolitik file?
User avatar
Adjutant
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: 26 Mar 2011, 8:04 pm

Post 15 May 2016, 3:54 am

Embassy of Austria-Hungary is open for business! Come one come all for free strudel and goulash.
User avatar
Dignitary
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: 02 Oct 2000, 9:01 am

Post 25 Jun 2016, 8:18 am

Why no maps Brad? It makes the game hard to follow.
User avatar
Administrator
 
Posts: 6916
Joined: 26 Jun 2000, 1:13 pm

Post 25 Jun 2016, 10:57 am

I can't get the img to go into Redscape. Don't know why.
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 885
Joined: 24 Apr 2003, 6:31 am

Post 25 Jun 2016, 4:03 pm

Here is the code (replaced [ ] brackets with < >) that I use for the NWO games:

<url=url of image you wish to link to (if you do)><img>url of image you wish to post here</img></url>

The images posted are 1024x561.
User avatar
Dignitary
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: 02 Oct 2000, 9:01 am

Post 26 Jun 2016, 9:33 am

bbauska wrote:I can't get the img to go into Redscape. Don't know why.


You can do what sendric is doing, but you could also do what I'm doing in Verdux: convert the BMP Realpolitik produces to a jpg using a common image processing tool (like paint) to make it small. Then use Redscape's upload attachment tool at the bottom of the message box below.
reference.jpg
User avatar
Administrator
 
Posts: 6916
Joined: 26 Jun 2000, 1:13 pm

Post 27 Jun 2016, 8:34 am

geojanes wrote:
bbauska wrote:I can't get the img to go into Redscape. Don't know why.


You can do what sendric is doing, but you could also do what I'm doing in Verdux: convert the BMP Realpolitik produces to a jpg using a common image processing tool (like paint) to make it small. Then use Redscape's upload attachment tool at the bottom of the message box below.


I use paint, and I resize the image to something smaller. It is not uploading, when I do that. I am not sure if it is something I have an machine issue with or software.
User avatar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 885
Joined: 24 Apr 2003, 6:31 am

Post 27 Jun 2016, 8:51 am

bbauska wrote:I use paint, and I resize the image to something smaller. It is not uploading, when I do that. I am not sure if it is something I have an machine issue with or software.


Did you change the file type to jpg? I don't think you can upload it as a bmp (which is what rp saves it as).
User avatar
Administrator
 
Posts: 6916
Joined: 26 Jun 2000, 1:13 pm

Post 27 Jun 2016, 9:17 am

Sendric wrote:
bbauska wrote:I use paint, and I resize the image to something smaller. It is not uploading, when I do that. I am not sure if it is something I have an machine issue with or software.


Did you change the file type to jpg? I don't think you can upload it as a bmp (which is what rp saves it as).


Yes. And .PNG also. It used to work for me, then I got this Dell laptop... I much prefer HP.
User avatar
Dignitary
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: 02 Oct 2000, 9:01 am

Post 27 Jun 2016, 11:51 am

bbauska wrote:
Sendric wrote:
bbauska wrote:I use paint, and I resize the image to something smaller. It is not uploading, when I do that. I am not sure if it is something I have an machine issue with or software.


Did you change the file type to jpg? I don't think you can upload it as a bmp (which is what rp saves it as).


Yes. And .PNG also. It used to work for me, then I got this Dell laptop... I much prefer HP.


Hmm. I don't resize the image, I just open BMP and then save it as a jpg. Are you getting an error message when you're trying to upload it Brad?
User avatar
Administrator
 
Posts: 6916
Joined: 26 Jun 2000, 1:13 pm

Post 27 Jun 2016, 3:29 pm

I will try doing just that. Maybe I am making more out of this than I had to.
User avatar
Administrator
 
Posts: 6916
Joined: 26 Jun 2000, 1:13 pm

Post 29 Jun 2016, 8:41 am

What is another photo server that works for Redscape?
User avatar
Dignitary
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: 02 Oct 2000, 9:01 am

Post 29 Jun 2016, 10:29 am

bbauska wrote:What is another photo server that works for Redscape?


I don't use a photo server. I upload the image directly from my computer to Redscape using the "Upload attachment" tab. If you reply to this post, you'll see the upload attachment tab right under the "save draft" button. Try it, it's the easiest way of doing hosting maps, I think.
User avatar
Administrator
 
Posts: 6916
Joined: 26 Jun 2000, 1:13 pm

Post 29 Jun 2016, 12:06 pm

geojanes wrote:
bbauska wrote:What is another photo server that works for Redscape?


I don't use a photo server. I upload the image directly from my computer to Redscape using the "Upload attachment" tab. If you reply to this post, you'll see the upload attachment tab right under the "save draft" button. Try it, it's the easiest way of doing hosting maps, I think.


Hmmm. You would think I should know that. I have always been doing it the hard way, I guess!
User avatar
Administrator
 
Posts: 6916
Joined: 26 Jun 2000, 1:13 pm

Post 29 Jun 2016, 7:28 pm

Spring 04 Due Tuesday 4JUL16 at 5PM Pacific

Austria:
Remove F Albania
France:
Build A Paris
Italy:
Build A Naples
Russia:
Build A Warsaw
Turkey:
Build A Constantinople
dot-f03b2.jpg