Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Emissary

Post 31 Mar 2016, 6:32 pm

Hi Sendric, email is thomas.znoj at hotmail - com
Ambassador

Post 08 Apr 2016, 11:15 am

We are now up to 30. Getting close. A few more and I can start nagging the fence sitters. :)
Foreign Minister

Post 19 Apr 2016, 1:19 pm

Sassenach wrote:That might help, certainly. It also means that UK would find it harder to move into North Africa in the early running, which in turn gives Tunisia some form of leverage with the big boys that it doesn't otherwise have. I still think it needs to start life with a fleet though. The big problem is that an Italian opening to TYR is pretty much a no brainer in the current format. It leaves a guaranteed build from SIC anyway and opens up the possibility of permanently stunting Tunisian growth for the remainder of the game thereafter. With a fleet as the starting unit there'd be the potential for a bounce in TYR and then Tunisia is away. I guess the downside of this though might be that Italy becomes too tied up and doesn't have the option of moving eastwards in the first year.

Alternatively, could we not have Libya as an alternative to Tunisia ? An army beginning the game on Tri offers everything that Tunisia has while not having to face such a crushing disadvantage.

I played Tunisia in the last game and got eliminated by the 3rd year as I recall. It is impossibly weak. I prefer the idea of Libya as a starting position vs Tunisia.
Foreign Minister

Post 19 Apr 2016, 5:26 pm

OK, I''ve been resisting. After the last NWO game playing Tunisia and having played Afghanistan in the past, I haven't liked it that much. South Africa and Egypt were fun. I'd like to play at least as a 2 SC power. sandiegosmith at hotmail dot com.
Ambassador

Post 20 Apr 2016, 4:54 am

sandiegosmith wrote:OK, I''ve been resisting. After the last NWO game playing Tunisia and having played Afghanistan in the past, I haven't liked it that much. South Africa and Egypt were fun. I'd like to play at least as a 2 SC power. sandiegosmith at hotmail dot com.

I will gladly accommodate that request.Welcome aboard!
Ambassador

Post 22 Apr 2016, 7:56 am

Ok. We're going to be getting this thing started soon. If there is anyone on the fence, now is the time to join. Nation assignments will likely be handed down on Tuesday, April 26th.
Adjutant

Post 30 Apr 2016, 1:20 pm

I am interested if its not too late. I emailed GMTom with my email.
Ambassador

Post 04 May 2016, 5:28 am

seejaie wrote:I am interested if its not too late. I emailed GMTom with my email.

Whoops. I'm sorry. I did not see this. The game has already started, unfortunately. However, there is always the possibility of a replacement being needed. Can you email me your address (mine is sendric [at] gmail [dot] com) so I can put you on a replacement list and/or a contact list for future games?
Ambassador

Post 05 May 2016, 10:17 am

Would someone in this game consider doing DOUBLE DUTY and join Days of Thunder.

Yeah, I know it's only a Standard game, but at the rate of sign-up. I'll have to will my position to my grandkids.

Sooooo, please help. Thanks
Ambassador

Post 05 May 2016, 3:39 pm

Geezerguy wrote:Would someone in this game consider doing DOUBLE DUTY and join Days of Thunder.

Yeah, I know it's only a Standard game, but at the rate of sign-up. I'll have to will my position to my grandkids.

Sooooo, please help. Thanks

Oh, very well.