Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Dignitary

Post 04 Mar 2016, 7:45 am

One of the largest land battles ever fought occurred 100 years ago: The Battle of Verdun, which was fought from February through December 1916. Over 2,000,000 men saw action and casualties approached 1,000,000 in what was some of the most brutal fighting ever seen.

Louis Barthas recounts the bitter man-to-man fights: ...Woe betide anyone who fell into the hands of the enemy alive; all sense of humanity had disappeared. Soldiers, wounded, stretcher-bearers – a distinction was no longer made....

To mark this anniversary I have asked great powers to meet again, but in friendly standard Diplomacy game, where I hope no blood will be drawn and our sense of humanity stays intact.

The players and their current or former Redscape handles as I remember them are:

der Blaue Reiter
Lingfish
Dr. Fate
RayJay
Uhtar the Terrible
Ruffhaus
Machiavelli

The game will not start until Mid-April, and powers have not yet been assigned. The forum will be used for the posting of orders and maps, and will be open to all for observation and commentary. I encourage observers to comment on the game as it develops.

Check back in April when powers will be assigned and the game will begin. In the meantime, click on the map below to see how things are going to start . . .

[edit] The name of the game, the Battle of Verdux, is a play on Verdun and redux.
Standard.jpg
Administrator

Post 04 Mar 2016, 4:54 pm

I have offered to have Ruffhaus back on Redscape. His lack of even offering an apology is the only thing keeping from that from happening.

I always hope for his return.
Emissary

Post 05 Mar 2016, 2:32 pm

That's quite the roster you've gathered here George. Haven't seen some of those guys in years.
Emissary

Post 22 Mar 2016, 10:01 am

If you need an extra player let me know. dh
Adjutant

Post 03 Apr 2016, 9:00 pm

ditto for me. I had neglected for a while to look at the RS forums so I didn't realize there was a new game starting.
Ambassador

Post 25 Apr 2016, 3:09 pm

Sassenach wrote:That's quite the roster you've gathered here George. Haven't seen some of those guys in years.

Now, if he'd gotten Riaz and Orange . . . that would be impressive!

But, having Uhtar and Mach was excellent work!