Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 01 Jun 2016, 9:38 am

A wide array of car selections for Mexico City. The consensus seems to be that 160 is the ideal top speed - with only Mike and Jim deviating from that. Going for "Crazy like a Fox," gentlemen?

Beyond that half the field had the same idea as one other person: Turyko and Tim, Doug and John, Marshall and Giovanni all opt for similar rides.

Next Deadline: Starting Bids are due Friday, June 3 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC. No bid received will be assumed to be a bid of 0, but I will request that you ALL send bids, even if you plan to bid zero. Tiebreakers will be rolled using a d100 (highest wins).

MexC1-Builds.png
Rally Racer (Pro III)

Post 01 Jun 2016, 11:03 am

as usual, doug copied me
Ambassador

Post 03 Jun 2016, 12:20 pm

7 drivers involved in a tiebreaker of some kind. I made the rolls last night so the emails from the dice roller will come from me shortly. Chris and Giovanni lead the pack by outbidding everyone else. Fabio gets the raw end of a 3 way tie with Mike and Rando. Turyko and Jim with the "why bother bidding" award. Congrats Jim, you won the tiebreaker but you're still in the back row. :)

Next Deadline: Turn 1 Plots due Monday, June 6 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC (hard deadline). The C2 drivers that moved up are familiar with this, but if all plots are in early and I have the chance to do so, I will process the turn early. If you don't want me to do that for a given turn, please explicitly state it in your plot.

MexC1-Turn00.png
Ambassador

Post 03 Jun 2016, 12:38 pm

Build Table updated post-bidding for Wear and Skill:

MexC1-PostBidCars.png
Ambassador

Post 06 Jun 2016, 9:57 am

And we're off! Chris, Rando, Tim, and Jim all pass their start speed tests.

Next Deadline: Turn 2 plots due Wednesday, June at at Noon EDT/4pm UTC.

Turn 1 Results
Chris plots 120 with 2s to the start speed test (mod 4). Giovanni and Mike stick with their 60 start speed and form a line. Rando tests his start speed by plotting 40 (mod 7 using 2s) and lines up behind Mike.

Fabio uses his 100 start speed to pass Mike and Rando, and catch up with Giovanni. Dave goes 60 and looks for a slip but can't find one, he lines up next to Rando. Marshall and John each go 60 and line up behind Rando and Dave, respectively.

Doug goes 60 and gets the jump on Tim. He lines up behind Marshall, while Tim tests start speed with 2s to go 40 (mod 7), and grabs Doug's spoiler. Jim also tests start speed to go 40 (mod 5 using 2s). Turyko goes 20 and heads to the middle.

MexC1-Turn01.png
Ambassador

Post 07 Jun 2016, 5:46 pm

Well, that was quick! Everyone got their plots in by last night so we are going to press on. As long as you get them in and I have the time to process early, we'll advance. Again, if you want me to hold off on processing a turn, please request it with your plot.

Next Deadline: Turn 3 plots due Friday, June 10 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC (hard deadline). If all plots are received early, I will process early.

Turn 2 Results
Chris revs up to 160 and takes the racing line running up to Ese Moises Solana. Fabio also goes 160 and ends in the middle lane. Giovanni goes 100 and stays inside while Mike goes 120 and pulls up beside him.

Rando and Dave each plot 120, Rando using an ACC test (mod 7 w/ 1s applied) and gaining a slip to pull even with Giovanni and Mike. Dave ends behind Giovanni. John goes 140 and pulls up next to Dave. Marshall goes 100 with a slip on Rando to stick on Dave's spoiler.

Doug uses 2s and his maxed acceleration to increase speed by 100 (mod 1) and go 160. He zips past Marshall and lines up outside of John. Tim plots 100 with a slip on Doug. Jim goes 120 hoping for a slip of his own but with Tim going too slow he merely keeps pace. Turyko goes 80 and loses some ground on the rest of the pack.

MexC1-Turn02.png
Ambassador

Post 09 Jun 2016, 7:15 pm

WHOA, 9 cars will attempt to navigate Ese Moises Solana next turn! :eek: Better get those alternate routes worked out now, guys!

Next Deadline: Turn 4 plots due Monday, June 13 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC
(hard deadline). Will definitely process early if you all get them in early.

Turn 3 Results
The first 9 drivers all go 120: Chris and Fabio each shed 2 wear on the Solana racing line. Giovanni, Mike, Rando, Dave, John, and Doug all move forward as a block, everyone expressing a preference for the innermost lane, which happened to be the one they were already in. Randy and Doug *can* use the line if they wish next turn, but I'm told "it kinda sucks," so buyer beware. John and Doug both asked for slips but didn't have room to use them. Marshall advances with the rest, but bucks the trend and actually has the RL as his first choice.

Tim and Jim max their acc and top by going 160 and 180, respectively, to squeeze inside of Marshall. Turyko goes 140 and hopes the mess ahead of him clears quickly.

MexC1-Turn03.png
Ambassador

Post 13 Jun 2016, 11:07 am

This was kind of an ugly one to adjudicate but everyone got through unscathed. One successful pass and one successful brakes test working for John and Jim, respectively.

Next Deadline: Turn 5 plots due Wednesday, June 15 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC (hard deadline).

Turn 4 Results
Chris goes 140 and starts the line for Ese Del Lago. Fabio goes 160 and sticks to the inside.

Giovanni goes 100 for 2 wear though the inside 60s. Mike and Rando each slow to 80; Mike follows Giovanni through the 60s for a wear and finishes as far inside as he can go (middle lane) while Rando takes the innermost path he can reach (middle lane 60s) for a wear and takes the inside lane after finishing the corner.

Dave goes 100 through the inside 60s for 2 wear and pulls up behind Mike in the middle lane. John also goes 100 through the inside 60s for 2 wear and wants the shortest route through and past the corner. With Rando occupying that spot he grabs 2 skill chips and his dice to pass him (unblocked, mod 6) and pulls up outside of Mike. Doug goes 80 through the inside 60s for a wear and ends behind Dave.

Tim goes 100 and with no room on the inside past the corner takes the middle 60s for 2 wear. Jim also goes 100 but then immediately late brakes (naked 5) so he can take the inside 60s for a wear and not run into Rando. Marshall goes 80 and takes the line for free.

Turyko goes 140 and pulls right up to the corner on the line.

MexC1-Turn04.png
Ambassador

Post 15 Jun 2016, 12:59 pm

John continues his race to the front by jumping ahead of Mike and Giovanni on approach to Corner 2.

Next Deadline: Turn 6 plots due Friday, June 17 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC (hard deadline).

Turn 5 Results
Chris goes 100 on both lines for Ese Del Lago for 2 wear. Fabio also goes 100 on the first racing line but opts for the 60s after that. Giovanni goes 140 and grabs the first racing line. John gets the jump on Mike by going 160 and sliding inside of Giovanni. Mike goes 140 and pulls up behind Giovanni on the Ese del Lago racing line.

Dave pulls the same maneuver on Rando by going 160. He wants a slip but Mike is going too slow, so he pulls up to the inside behind John. Rando goes 140 and with the slip keeps pace with Dave, ending outside of Mike. Doug goes 160 but with a full row ahead of him cannot use the slip on Dave, so he finishes inside.

Tim plots 140 with a slip on Doug, taking the shortest route and ending next to him. Jim takes it easy, and plots 120 with a slip on Rando to end inside via the shortest route. Marshall finishes the line at speed. Turyko goes 100 on the racing line for a wear and finishes in the middle lane (innermost after finishing the line).

MexC1-Turn05.png
Ambassador

Post 18 Jun 2016, 7:08 pm

So far we've made it through Ese Del Lago with minimal damage. Apologies on the processing delay.

Next Deadline: Turn 7 plots due Monday at 4pm EDT/8pm UTC (soft deadline). I'm sure you guys can get the plots in that quickly, but I won't NPR you if you don't. Hard deadline will be Tuesday at Noon EDT.

Turn 6 Results
Chris plots 80 through the Horquilla 60 space for a wear. Fabio slows to 80 and takes the Horquilla line for a wear.

John starts the Ese Del Lago party by going 100 though the 60s for 2 wear, but switches to the second racing line mid-corner. Giovanni also goes 100 for 2 wear but takes the first racing line. With John blocking the second line, he goes through the 60s and starts the Horquilla line.

Mike gets the jump on Dave and Rando by plotting 120 and then immediately late braking. He uses a naked brakes test and rolls an 11! He sheds a wear and cripples his brakes for the rest of the race (Corner 2, Mike. For reals?). That excitement through, he drops another 2 wear on the first line, then follows Giovanni into the 60s and onto the Horquilla line. Dave goes 100 and takes the 60s followed by the racing line for 2 wear.

Rando goes 100 and then brakes to 80 for a wear so that he can take the 60s and the second RL for another wear without rear-ending anyone. Doug goes 100 and sheds 2 wear on the first RL and then heads to the 60s to pull even with Rando. Tim goes 80 and takes the first RL and then follows Doug into the 60s.

Jim says "to hell with it, I'll take the corner next turn" and plots 60 up onto the first Racing line. Marshall goes 140 and grabs the line behind Jim while Turyko accelerates to 160 and slides inside of Marshall.

MexC1-Turn06.png
Ambassador

Post 22 Jun 2016, 5:46 am

Sorry for the rain delay folks. Has been a few crazy days here at Chez Miller.

Next Deadline: Turn 8 plots due Friday, June 24 at Noon EDT/4pm UTC
(hard deadline).

Turn 7 Results
Chris goes 100 on the S1 racing line for free. Fabio pulls out of Horquilla at 120 and takes the first 120 space in S1. John takes the Horquilla 60 space for 2 wear, while Giovanni goes 80 on the racing line for 1 and keeps pace with him. Dave and Mike take the exact same options and spending as John and Giovanni, respectively.

Rando goes 60 and takes the Horquilla 40 space for a wear. Doug also goes 60 and with Rando in the 40 space is forced to the outside and committed to the 60 space next turn. Tim goes 60 and starts the Horquilla line, while Jim takes the del Lago Racing Lines at 60 for free. Turyko goes 100, intending to take the 60s and the second line, but without room on the line he heads out to the 100s to burn off speed and grab the second line behind Jim for 2 wear. Marshall overbrakes to 80 on the first RL and then is forced over to the 60s to finish the turn, for a total of 2 wear (braking+cornering).

MexC1-Turn07.png
Ambassador

Post 25 Jun 2016, 4:41 am

Good morning, drivers. A fairly uneventful turn through the Eses for our leaders.

Next Deadline: Turn 9 plots due Monday, June 27 at 4pm EDT/8pm UTC.

Turn 8 Results
Chris and Fabio each go 80 through the S1 80s for free. John and Giovanni go 100; John in the 80s for a wear in each Ese, and Giovanni on the S1 line and S2 80 space for a wear. Dave goes 120 through the 120s. Mike plots 80 through the 80s to keep pace with him.

Rando goes 100 out of Horquilla and takes the S1 line. Doug takes the 60 space at speed. Tim also goes 60 but takes the line and pulse even with Doug. Jim goes 40 in the 40 space. Turyko plots 80 and takes the 60 space for a wear. Marshall goes 60 but with Jim squatting on the line, he’s forced into the outside lane with Turyko.

MexC1-Turn08.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 25 Jun 2016, 5:17 am

A good range of speeds for sector 1.
MC C1 summary.png
Rally Racer (Pro III)

Post 25 Jun 2016, 6:39 pm

do not worry drivers in the back. i will not let this 2 runaway from us. i will sacrifice myself for the success of the closers. you can thank me when your on the podium
Ambassador

Post 27 Jun 2016, 5:54 pm

You drivers are pairing off like dance partners. I feel sorry for Dave though, as he's dancing with Mike.

Next Deadline: Turn 10 plots due Wednesday, June 29 at 4pm EDT/8pm UTC (hard deadline).

Turn 9 Results
Chris and Fabio each plot 120 and Fabio grabs a slip to line up in the inside and middle lanes before the Ovalo Chicane. John continues at 100 on the S2 line for free, while Giovanni goes 120 on the 80s for 2 wear.

Dave takes the S2 line at speed, with Mike following in lock-step. I believe the crew chief overheard this exchange on the comm from Mike to Dave: https://youtu.be/8gfMXEmCew4. Rando continues at 100 through the end of the S1 line and then sheds a wear in the S2 80s. Doug and Tim each go 100 but Doug leaves his partner in the dust by taking the line, while Tim is forced to take the 120s.

MexC1-Turn09.png

Jim and Turyko continue their dance at 120 with Jim getting the initiative and seizing the 120s using his big gas pedal, while Turyko has to go to his second option, which is the line for a wear - and he finds himself not only in front of Jim, but Tim also. Marshall brings up the rear by going 80 in the Horquilla 60 for a wear.