Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 19 May 2016, 6:00 am

Any thoughts on the race? Post 'em here.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 May 2016, 3:13 pm

The final speed chart and composite 24 car field.
MarinaBayC2Summary.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 May 2016, 3:22 pm

My race was pretty much determined on turn 1 when I got shuffled back to 5th on the break. After that I went back and forth the whole race; passing a few and getting passed by a few. I think I was a little too complacent when Simone damaged his brakes. I followed him for almost a lap after that and just kept thinking "Be patient, you'll pass him eventually." I think if I had forced the issue I would have made up some ground and possibly a position. Fortunately I was able to hold off Marshall in the last half of lap 3. I've been on the other side of that and it's frustrating. I was hoping Marshall didn't try to do something drastic and mess us both up. He didn't though, raced clean.
The track is a bit tricky. It seems that Shearers Corner, the Memorial/Stamford/Rec Club combination and the Gallery are all good places to make passes, yet any gains made going into these are mostly erased by time you get out of them.
Had a great time as always. Congratulations to Giovanni and Turyko for easily being the class of the field. And thanks to Kal for being the "eye in the sky."
Last edited by JimOrlando on 19 May 2016, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 May 2016, 4:15 pm

The final points taken from the 24 car fields.
Final Field.png
Indy Car Driver (Pro IV)

Post 25 May 2016, 3:09 am

This track is very demanding on the Driver and the Car. I Think we just brought the wrong car fo the track,the set-up wasn't right.I drove the wheels off it the first lap but I couldn't sustain it. What can I say the better car Won, at least we didn't crash. All my Team (Unsponsored Special) can do is forget this race and be better prepared for the next one.