Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
Ambassador

Post 24 Jan 2016, 6:40 am

Start your engines, Gentlemen!

Apologies on the delay - I'm sure many of you have heard about the snowstorm here on the US East Coast. I did hear from everyone and so let's get started. Most folks opted for a unique car build, but Giovanni, Turyko, and Simone select the same setup and so do Chris and Jim.

MBC2-Builds.png
Click to Embiggen

Because of the delay, and because I expect to be digging out of the snow tomorrow still, I'm adjusting the deadlines thusly:

Upcoming Deadlines:
Bids due Wednesday, January 27 at 9am EST/2pm UTC.
Turn 1 plots due Friday, January 29 at 9am EST/2pm UTC.

I have 3 bids already, and if I receive them all before the deadline and have time, I will post them early. If I do not receive your bid, it is assumed to be 0 skill.

If you want to bid using skill points of 3 or more, please specify whether you wish to use a 3-skill chip or 3 1-skill chips. If not specified, the assumption is to use 3 1-skill chips unless the skill bid is high enough that use of a 3-skill chip is required to make the total.
Ambassador

Post 27 Jan 2016, 10:33 am

Bids are in, we had ties at 4 points bid and at 0 points bid. Simone and Ken, amazingly, each rolled 79 on their first roll, so the grid reflects the re-roll.

MBC2-Bids.png
Click to Embiggen

William take the pole with a massive bid of 9. The starting map is below.

Next Deadline: Turn 1 Plots due Friday, January 29 at 9am EST/2pm UTC (hard deadline). If all plots are received early, I'll adjudicate early.

MBC2-Turn00.png
Ambassador

Post 30 Jan 2016, 5:56 am

Pretty standard stuff to start out, 4 drivers opt to test start speed, and Giovanni is already out of skill points!

Next Deadline: Turn 2 plots are due Monday, February 1 at Noon EST/5pm UTC.

Turn 1 Results
William starts us off at 100, staying inside. Chris pushes start speed to 80 using his 3-skill chip (mod 3) and lines up behind William. Giovanni plots 120, and uses his last 2 skill on the start speed test (mod 4). [RM note, I misread Giovanni's plot here - the roller shows a 3-skill chip was used but the test still passes with -2.] He pulls up next to William. Jim tests start speed to go 80, using 2s (mod 6), and forms the conga line behind Chris.

Turyko also tests start speed, plotting 120 using a 3-skill chip (mod 5), and he lines up next to Chris. Ken plots 60 and moves to the inside. Simone goes 100, passes Ken and lines up to the outside. [RM Note: I did not receive a plot from Simone, but I suspect it may be email issues as he's been very responsive for the other deliverables for this race. As Turn 1 is pretty standard stuff, I am just rolling with the start speed.] Dave also goes 100 but because the RM plot takes Simone to the outside, he squeezes in between Jim and Ken.

Marshall and Grant go 60 and line up next to each other. Doug and Joe go 20 and do the same.

MBC2-Turn01.png
Ambassador

Post 01 Feb 2016, 1:05 pm

The field is squeezing through Sheares Corner but not without incident. Simone is back, but rolls boxcars on an emergency brakes test!

Next Deadline: Turn 3 plots due Wednesday, February 3 at Noon EST/5pm UTC.

Turn 2 Summary

William and Giovanni both plot 80 through the 80-100-40 route for 2 wear each. Chris plots 120 but late brakes to 100 for a wear and takes the 80-100-60-60 route for 2 wear, a total of 3 wear this turn. Turyko plots 80 through the 80-100-40 route for 2 wear.

Jim plots 80 through the 80-100(inside) route. Dave plots 100 through the 80-100(outside) route for a wear. Simone plots 120 but runs out of room. He opts for the brakes test with a skill point (mod 11). Boxcars! He brakes with 1w as a penalty and suffers brake damage, Deceleration is now at 20. He takes the 100s for free. Ken goes 80 and finishes in the middle just before the corner.

Grant goes 120 and heads inside of Ken. Marshall goes 100 and lines up behind Grant. Joe plots 100 and tests acceleration with 2s (mod 2). Doug plots 80 grabs his spoiler.

MBC2-Turn02.png
Ambassador

Post 02 Feb 2016, 8:17 pm

William builds a lead while Doug avoids Sheares for another turn. I've added a GP Rank & Points section to the side of your stat boxes. This shows what your overall Season 2 GP rank and points would be if the race finished in the current order. Anyone currently 6th place in the season standings or higher will be bold and in green, meaning you would be promoted to C1 next season. I will work on making the formula and conditional formatting a little better so that it can show who is locked in, regardless of finish, and who is locked out regardless of finish, and then the mushy middle where you "do or die" for promotion.

Next Deadline: Turn 4 plots due Thursday, Feburary 4 at Noon EST/5pm UTC (soft deadline). Hard deadline will be Friday at the same time. Great job on the plot turnaround this turn!

Turn 3 Results
William drops the hammer and plots 140 with an acceleration roll (naked 6), and takes the Boulevard racing line for 2 wear. Giovanni plots 100 and starts the RL before the corner. Turyko goes 120 out of Sheares and squeezes to the inside of Giovanni. Chris plots 120 and has to hit the brakes for a wear when he runs out of room, and he lines up inside behind Turyko.

Jim and Dave both plot 80. Jim takes the 40 space for 2 wear, and Dave takes the 60s for the wear he paid last turn (for going 100 in the 80 space). They both line up inside (Dave by default - no preference given). Simone goes 80 in the 60s for a wear and lines up behind Dave.

Grant, Ken, and Marshall all plot 80. Grant goes first and opts to take the 80-100-60-60 route for a wear. Ken goes next, and with the 60s plots goes for his second choice of 80-100-40 for 2 wear to pull ahead. Marshall takes the 100-100-100 route for free, leaving himself open to choose either 60s or 40s next turn.

Joe plots 120 into the Sheares corner for 2 wear through the 80 space. Doug follows at 100 and ends just before the corner.

MBC2-Turn03.png
Ambassador

Post 05 Feb 2016, 8:57 pm

William and Giovanni race down the straight like it's their job....because in this case it is.

Redscape Grand Prix - Season 3
Season 3 preparations have begun! It is expected that the first race of Season 3 will begin in May. If you do not wish to participate, please let Mike know ASAP. Half of the C2 field will move up to C1, and half of C1 will move down to C2. We will also be adding a third circuit for drivers new to the Redscape series.

The circuit will be 3 races long. Season 1 was in Europe, Season 2 of course we are in Asia, and Season 3 will be in North America. Mike has a poll open for us to vote on a selection of tracks, including Doug's newest, Mexico City. You must be registered at Redscape to vote in the poll: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=3201

(If you are not registered, but would like to be, the answer to the challenge question is Diplomacy.)

Next Deadline: Turn 5 plots due Monday, February 8 at Noon EST/5pm UTC (hard deadline). If all plots are in early, I will of course attempt to process the turn early.

Turn 4 Results
William goes 140 down the straight. Giovanni gets the initiative on Turyko and blasts through Boulevard on the line for 2 wear. Turyko plots 100 through the outside for free. Chris also opts for 100, taking the line and pulling even with Turyko.

Jim and Dave each plot 100 and take the Boulevard line for free. Simone goes 120 and takes the outside lane for a wear. Ken plots 100 and ends on the racing line ahead of Boulevard. Grant goes 120 and lines up to the inside of Ken.

Marshall goes 100 in the 60s for 2 wear. Joe slows to 80 through the 40 for the already-paid wear. Doug goes 60 for free into the first 60 space.

MBC2-Turn04.png
Ambassador

Post 08 Feb 2016, 12:14 pm

A quiet turn as the leaders approach Memorial Corner.

Next Deadline: Turn 6 plots due Wednesday, February 10 at Noon EST/5pm UTC (hard deadline). If all plots are received early, I will attempt to process the turn early.

Turn 5 Results
William plots 100 and lines up on the Racing Line. Giovanni goes 120 grabs the line behind him. Turyko and Chris both plot 140 and line up next to each other.

Jim and Dave also head down the straight at 140. Simone finishes the Boulevard 100s at 120 for the already-paid wear. Ken jumps ahead of Grant by going 120 on the Boulevard RL for a wear. Grant goes 100 for free through the 100s.

Marshall and Joe both plot 100. Marshall goes first and takes the line, Joe runs out of room and takes the 100s instead. Doug finishes Sheares Corner at 60.

MBC2-Turn05.png
Ambassador

Post 10 Feb 2016, 11:11 am

We're getting bunched before Memorial Corner, should be interesting next turn watching them all get through.

Next Deadline: Turn 7 plots due Friday, February 12 at Noon EST/5pm UTC (hard deadline).

Turn 6 Results
William plots 60 through the Memorial Corner 60 space and then the Stamford Racing line, both for free. Giovanni goes 80 and takes the Racing Line in Memorial Corner for free and the first 60 space in Stamford for a wear. Turyko plots 120, grabs the Memorial RL and then late brakes to 100 using a 1 skill on the brakes test (mod 6), and drops a wear on the corner. Chris plots 100 and takes the 80s through Memorial for a wear.

Jim goes 100 and starts the Memorial line. Dave plots 120 and slides inside of Jim. Simone plots 140 and grabs the racing line behind Jim. Ken also plots 140 and lines up behind Dave.

Grant plots 160 and charges down the straight to line up behind Ken. Marshall and Joe each go 140, and Joe takes a slip to line up next to each other down the straight. Doug goes 100 and takes the Boulevard line for free.

MBC2-Turn06.png
Ambassador

Post 11 Feb 2016, 4:07 pm

So far no incidents, but the dice were rolling for intentional late braking. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

Next Deadline: Turn 8 plots due Monday, February 15 at 9am EST/2pm UTC (hard deadline). As with this turn, if you guys turn it around sooner, I will process early.

Turn 7 Results

William goes 80 and takes the Rec Club 60 for a wear. Giovanni finishes Stamford at 80 for the already-paid wear and then takes the Rec Club line for free. Turyko plots 80 and takes the Stamford 60s for a wear and the Rec Club line for free. Chris also goes 80 takes the Stamford line for a wear and the Rec Club 80s for free.

Jim gets the initiative by plotting 80, he takes the Memorial 60 space for a wear and the Stamford line for another wear. Dave goes 60 and takes the same route for free. Simone plots 120 and then late brakes using a skill for the brakes test (mod 5). He blasts down the Memorial line for a wear and the Stamford 60s for 2 more wear. Ken goes 80 through the Memorial 80s for free and starts the Stamford line. Grant goes 100 and opts for the 80s in Memorial for a wear and lines up inside of Ken before Stamford.

Joe plots 140 and then late brakes to 120 using 2s (mod 5) and then hits the Memorial line for 2 wear. Marshall plots 100 and starts the line. Doug goes 160 down the straight.

MBC2-Turn07.png
Ambassador

Post 14 Feb 2016, 11:35 am

The chase pack is clumped up on approach to the Singapore Sling. Will they be able to form a line and make it through unscathed?

Next Deadline: Turn 9 plots due Tuesday, Noon EST/5pm UTC (hard deadline). As with this turn, I'll process early if all plots received early. Let's play catch up to C1, shall we? We are about 6 turns behind.

Turn 8 Results
William goes 120 and grabs the Singapore Sling line. Giovanni and Turyko also go 120 and line up to the inside.

Chris continues at 80 and heads inside. Jim follows at 80 for free to the outside and grabs the gray car's spoiler. Dave and Simone both plot 100. Dave sheds two wear on the Rec Club 60 space and pulls up next to Chris. Without room to take the Rec Club line, Simone opts for the 80s instead for a wear and ends outside of Jim.

Grant and Ken each go 60. Grant takes the Stamford 60s and starts the Rec Club line. Ken takes the Stamford line and then the Rec Club 60 space to pull ahead. Joe plots 80 and finishes the Memorial line, then sheds a wear on the Stamford 60s. Marshall follows at 80 through the Memorial line for free and the Stamford 60s for a wear. Doug goes 100 and starts the Memorial line.

MBC2-Turn08.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 14 Feb 2016, 1:37 pm

4 cars under 100mph (sadly including yours truly)
SuzukaC2Summary.png
Ambassador

Post 16 Feb 2016, 2:12 pm

Giovanni edges into first place, Ken catches the chase pack and Doug continues to sit on his 24 wear.

Next Deadline: Turn 10 plots due Thursday, February 18 at Noon EDT/5pm UTC (hard deadline).

Turn 9 Results
William takes the Singapore Sling line at speed and starts the Fullerton line. Giovanni and Turyko drop a wear going 80 on the line. Giovanni squeezes inside of William to take the lead.

Chris plots 120 and then late brakes to 100 for a wear before grabbing the racing line. Dave goes 100 and lines up inside of Chris. Jim and Simone head down the straight together at 100. Ken goes 120 and catches up to the pack.

Grant takes the initiative at 100, using the Rec Club line for a wear and he finishes inside. Joe goes 60 through the 60 space for free. Marshall goes 80 on the Rec Club line for free. Doug goes 60 in the Memorial 60 space and takes the Stamford line for free.

MBC2-Turn09.png
Ambassador

Post 18 Feb 2016, 2:29 pm

Will slides back into first while Dave's dice get hot while he and Chris shed a total 8 wear between Singapore Sling and Fullerton corners, but catch up to the lead group in doing so. I'll remind everyone we do have 2 more laps...

Next Deadline: Turn 11 plots due Monday at Noon EDT/5pm UTC (hard deadline). I'll of course process early if I receive all plots before then. We were really close this time of having results yesterday. :)

Turn 10 Results
Giovanni goes 80 through the Fullerton 60s for a wear and then ends on the Racing Line! William, anticipating this move, plots 80 and uses the 40 space for his backup plan for 2 wear and slides ahead of him. Turyko plots 80 as well, and with the line blocked follows Giovanni through the 60s, ending inside.

Unable to take Singapore Sling line, Dave grabs his dice and plots 100 through the 40 space for 2 wear and a 3-skill chip (mod 0). He then grabs the Fullerton line and sheds 2 additional wear to pull up next to Turyko. Chris also goes 100, but he takes the Sling line for 2 wear and then the Fullerton 60s for 2 more wear.

Jim and Simone both go 60, Jim on the line for free and Simone through the 40 for a wear. [RM Note: Simone - your brakes were damaged early on, so your DEC is actually 20, so another wear is shed for slowing down. My apologies for not catching that when I saw your plot.] Ken also opts to go 60 and takes the line. Grant goes 80 and starts the line.

Joe goes 120 and ends inside of Grant. Marshall plots 100 and lines up behind Joe. Doug goes 80 to the outside through Rec Club.

MBC2-Turn10.png
Ambassador

Post 21 Feb 2016, 12:26 pm

A pack of five has coalesced at the front. It will be interesting to see how they all progress through Esplanade, Raffles, and Gallery. Giovanni and Turyko look to be well positioned with their large wear advantage, but the other cars are slightly stronger in acceleration and/or deceleration.

Next Deadline: Turn 12 plots due Monday, February 22 at Noon EST/5pm UTC (soft deadline). Hard deadline will be Tuesday at the same time.

Turn 11 Results
William goes 120 and grabs the Esplanade racing line. Giovanni also goes 120, and gets the slip bonus to pull to the inside of William. Dave goes 140 hoping for a slip but Giovanni isn't going fast enough. He grabs the line behind William. Turyko goes 120 and finishes inside. Chris also goes 120, and with the slip on Dave pulls even with Turyko.

Simone goes 80 on the Fullerton line for a wear. Jim plots 60 and takes the line for free. Ken plots 80 but with Jim blocking the line he uses the 60s instead for a wear.

Grant plots 80, dropping a wear on the Singapore Sling line and another on the Fullerton line. Joe goes 60 on the 40 space for a wear and starts the Fullerton line. Marshall takes the Sling line at 60 for free. Doug heads down the straight at 120.

MBC2-Turn11.png
Ambassador

Post 22 Feb 2016, 12:19 pm

Chris saves some wear by reaching for his Chance table through Esplanade and it pays off.

Next Deadline: Turn 13 plots due Wednesday, February 24 at Noon EST/5pm UTC (hard deadline). Great turnaround this time with less than 24 hours. If you guys are this quick again I'll post T13 tomorrow. :)

Looking ahead to Season 3, Mike has closed the track voting. We'll be starting in Mexico City for Race 1, then for Race 2 heading north to Austin for Circuit of the Americas, and finishing the season in Watkins Glen in New York. We've got a lot of track left here in Singapore, though, so we anticipate Season 3 to start in May.

Turn 12 Results
Giovanni goes 80 and takes the Esplanade 60s for a wear. William takes the racing line for free at 60. Dave goes 80 but without room to use the line he burns off the extra speed to the outside for a wear, finishing behind Giovanni. Turyko goes 80 on the line for a wear and pulls up next to Dave. Chris plots 80 and with Turyko on the last space of the line, heads to the 60s for Chance with 2 skill applied (Mod 5).

Simone and Jim head down the straight at 120, Simone grabs the Esplanade racing line and Jim stays inside. Ken jams the gas and hits 140, finishing outside of Jim. Grant plays it cool and continues at 80 to finish the Fullerton line.

Joe takes the Fullerton line at 60 for free. Marshall goes 80 and drops a wear in the Fullerton 60s, finishing inside. Doug goes 60 for free on the Sling line.

MBC2-Turn12.png