Join In On The Action "Register Here" To View The Forums

Already a Member Login Here

Board index Forum Index
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 19 Oct 2015, 11:48 am

You rock, Jim!

Tim jumps out to a lead over the chase pack.

Turn 17 Summary
Tim takes S2 for 2 wear at 140 to extend his lead. Tim C. conserves wear at 100, taking S2 for free. Mike plays it conservative as well, finishing S1 at 120 and taking the outside of S2 for free. Brad finishes S1 on the 2nd line for free at 140 then sheds 2 wear in the S2 100 to pull even with the #25. At 140, Rando cruises the S1 lines for free and drops 2 wear in the S2 100. John drops speed to 120 and sits on the 2nd line in S1, mucking things up behind him. Chris gets the initiative at 140 and opts to finish First Curve in the 120's for a wear. He takes the first line in S1 then gets pushed out to the 140's. Kal takes the First Curve 120's for free and ends on the line in S1. At 140, Cody runs First Curve for 2 wear through the 100 followed by the 140's in S1. Fabio takes First Curve for free in the 100 space at 100. Todd burns off 2 wear in the First Curve 120's at 160. Will enters First Curve at 140 for free.

Turn 18 Deadline: Wednesday, October 21st @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)

Friday is a no-go on adjudication (camping weekend). I'll set a soft deadline for Thursday and if able, I'll adjudicate then.
T17.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 21 Oct 2015, 12:05 pm

Uh oh... Rando snuck into the lead chase pack.

Turn 18 Summary
Tim B. takes the Degner at 100 on the line for free. Tim C. pulls into the Degner 120 for a wear at 140. Mike takes the slow lane in Dunlop B at 160 and pulls up to Degner Curve on the inside. Brad passes the #25 ( :mad: ) at 140 plus the slip, entering Degner on the outside for free. Rando pulls up on the bumper of the Marines car at 160.

John sheds a wear on the 100 space in S2 and takes the efficient route through Dunlop. Chris conserves wear at 100 through the esses for free. Cody gets the initiative at 140, taking the 2nd line in S1 and dropping 2 wear in S2. He passes the #20 on the outside and grabs the tail on the #28. At 120, Kal finishes S1 for free then burns a wear in S2 to pull up next to the Home Depot car.

Fabio takes the esses for free at 100. Todd drops speed to 140, using the lines in S1 for free. Will conserves wear in First Curve, dropping down to 100 and entering S1 on the line.

Turn 19 soft deadline: Thursday, October 22nd @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)

If I don't have all the plots by the soft deadline, the hard deadline is on Monday.
T18.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 22 Oct 2015, 10:00 am

On the plus ledger today: Thanks for getting those plots in!
On the negative ledger today: My dice feel lonely and sad.

Turn 19 Summary
Tim B. races out of Degner at 140. Tim C. finishes Degner on the line for free at 120. Brad drops another wear in Degner on the outside lane at 120. Mike takes the Degner line for free at 100 and extends the mini-conga line. At 100, Rando also takes Degner for free on the line.

John sheds 2 wear at 140 on the Degner line. Cody burns 2 wear in the Degner 100's at 140 plus the bonus. Chris pulls up short of Degner at 140. Kal pushes into the Degner 140 for free at 140 and the slip. Fabio navigates the Dunlop at 140. Todd takes S2 on the outside for free at 120. At 120, Will also takes S2 for free.

Turn 20 Deadline: Monday, October 26th @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)
T19.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Oct 2015, 10:24 am

We're bunching up in front of the Hairpin. Well, except for Baker... can the chase pack catch him?

Turn 20 Summary
Tim B. burns 2 wear on the line in the Hairpin to take a commanding lead. Tim C. pulls up to the Hairpin on the line at 80. Brad grabs the inside lane next to the #5 at 100 for 2nd place. At 120, Mike has to burn off some speed on the long part of T10 then grabs the line behind the Kellogg's car. Rando burns off some speed in T10 at 140 and pulls inside of the #25 to move up a place. John hits the straight at 160 but with a full track ahead has to take the slow route in T10, pulling in behind the #18. Cody finishes Degner at 140. Kal conserves wear by dropping to 100. Chris takes the Degner line at 100 for free and pulls alongside the #3. Fabio takes the Degner line for free at 100. Todd pulls into the Degner 120 for free at 120. Will sheds a wear in the Degner 140 at 160.

Turn 21 Deadline: Wednesday, October 28th @ 12 noon EDT (4 p.m. GMT)
T20.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Oct 2015, 3:30 pm

OK, I spent 4 hours Friday night poring over my code and working the numbers from every direction I could think of. No matter how I did it it came out the same. All I can do is bow to Rando and say "I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy" :eek:
SuzukaC1Summary.png
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Oct 2015, 4:19 pm

JimOrlando wrote:OK, I spent 4 hours Friday night poring over my code and working the numbers from every direction I could think of. No matter how I did it it came out the same. All I can do is bow to Rando and say "I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy" :eek:

LAUGHING!!!!! Thank you, Mr. Orlando (you man of mystery). And I knew this was coming many turns ago. Dropping the 3-skill chip to make the chance roll meant that I was gonna be REALLY fast or really slow this section of track. I bet on really fast. I bet successfully. :smile:

Perhaps you might revisit the "Rando" and "normal" post? But no offence taken, this is all good fun. Yes my racing style sometimes differs from others. It's generally been passably successful.

Fearless prediction time: Race winner will come from the first six -- or the last three. Sorry Cody Kal & Chris, I don't think you have the cars to catch and pass every car in front of you. However, that last trio has about as much wear as the front 6. Amazing. In terms of "1 wear gets me 2 or 2.5 spaces", that trailing trio has a chance. In terms of "passing people is actually pretty hard", they suffer a disadvantage. This is really dang interesting completely apart from the fact that I'm in the middle of it.

Face-to-face racing in CT on Sunday Nov 15. Full-sized (hot wheels) tracks. Anybody here coming besides me?

Warm rgds and wishing fair winds to you all from NJ,
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Oct 2015, 4:24 pm

Fearless prediction time: Race winner will come from the first six -- or the last three. Sorry Cody Kal & Chris, I don't think you have the cars to catch and pass every car in front of you. However, that last trio has about as much wear as the front 6. Amazing. In terms of "1 wear gets me 2 or 2.5 spaces", that trailing trio has a chance. In terms of "passing people is actually pretty hard", they suffer a disadvantage. This is really dang interesting completely apart from the fact that I'm in the middle of it.

Oh, sorry, I meant to give kudos to Tim B who is killing it. Tim rarely have I seen a "bolt from the front" strategy look so promising. If I could swap positions with you right now, I would. I hope I can pass a few more cars but I can't see passing Brad, Tim C, (Mike again), THEN you. You rock!
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Oct 2015, 4:34 pm

LAUGHING!!!!! Thank you, Mr. Orlando (you man of mystery). And I knew this was coming many turns ago. Dropping the 3-skill chip to make the chance roll meant that I was gonna be REALLY fast or really slow this section of track. I bet on really fast. I bet successfully. :smile:

Perhaps you might revisit the "Rando" and "normal" post? But no offence taken, this is all good fun. Yes my racing style sometimes differs from others. It's generally been passably successful.

Yessir, all in good fun! I'm looking forward to moving up to C1 next season so I can kick your but we'll have to wait 'til then. :grin:
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Oct 2015, 4:53 pm

My early call is Tim B. Having said that, this track seems to have some stretches that allow for cars to make up ground. We'll see what happens when wear runs out.

As for Rando, I think I'd put money on him breaking the track lap record (no Rando, I'm not going to really wager). Wow!

Jim, watching your races, I think you'll be someone to contend with when you get up to C1.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Oct 2015, 5:29 pm

JimOrlando wrote:

Yessir, all in good fun! I'm looking forward to moving up to C1 next season so I can kick your but we'll have to wait 'til then. :grin:

Well, shucks, I just hope I can stay in C1. Nobody gave me a gold-plated invitation to next season's varsity league. We have some purtty fast drivers and cars around here!
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Oct 2015, 6:16 pm

Rando wrote:Well, shucks, I just hope I can stay in C1. Nobody gave me a gold-plated invitation to next season's varsity league. We have some purtty fast drivers and cars around here!

You keep knockin down those 5th places, Mr. Needhams, and you'll be smilin like a possum eatin a sweet tater!
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 26 Oct 2015, 6:46 pm

SLOTerp wrote:
Rando wrote:Well, shucks, I just hope I can stay in C1. Nobody gave me a gold-plated invitation to next season's varsity league. We have some purtty fast drivers and cars around here!

You keep knockin down those 5th places, Mr. Needhams, and you'll be smilin like a possum eatin a sweet tater!

5ths might get invited back, I hope. With this fast bunch, fifth is pretty good. Especially since at this instance I'm sitting 4th and you are 5th Mr. Race moderator! :)

BTW, It's Needham to you. Needhams are when we have a bunch of us.
Ambassador

Post 27 Oct 2015, 7:34 am

Rando wrote:Sorry Cody Kal & Chris, I don't think you have the cars to catch and pass every car in front of you.

I am in unfortunate agreement with this statement. Tried to keep up, burned too much wear without the kind of improvement I needed after the first jump up from the race start.
NASCAR Driver (Pro V)

Post 27 Oct 2015, 3:45 pm

Perhaps Mr. Cheong intended to publicly broadcast his move (then change it afterward so as to fake out the competition)? Something akin to tapping your brakes so the lights come on while you are accelerating? <<Yes, I know these Formula / Nascar cars don't have brake lights>>
Ambassador

Post 28 Oct 2015, 5:49 am

Rando wrote:<<Yes, I know these Formula / Nascar cars don't have brake lights>>

"Race cars don't need headlights because the track is always lit."
"So's my brother but he still needs headlights!"